“I would give this place ZERO stars if I could - DO NOT STAY HERE!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Santa Rosa - South

Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #23 of 26 Hotels in Santa Rosa
Santa Rosa
“I would give this place ZERO stars if I could - DO NOT STAY HERE!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

This was absolutely the worst experience at a motel I have ever had. I was there 1 1/2 months unfortunately and only got 3 nights sleep the whole time. Cops showing up all the time arresting people in front of my room. There was an article in the local paper about prostitution going on there (and I saw it too). One of the men arrested had a loaded gun and methamphetamines for sale. I had so many problems at this motel, I can't even begin to list them and the manager just tried to put me off. They tried to charge me for calls I made to "Corporate Extended Stay" to complain about the issues (even though reps at the 800 customer service number told me to call that number). I had to threaten to call the BBB to resolve the issues and am still working on getting billing issues resolved. Internet went down several days. Lobby is often left unattended, kitchen items are missing and cheap, people smoke and make noise right in front of your room and the noise and smoke permeates the room. DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND DO NOT EVER STAY HERE!

Room Tip: Do not stay here - there are no good rooms
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Mikaela Z, Manager at Extended Stay America - Santa Rosa - South, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am sorry to hear about your experience while staying with us.

To make sure this doesn't happen again, I am taking the appropriate action to be able to give each guest a safe environment during their stay, I will also be re-training with my staff so that they may provide the best customer care to all of our guests.

I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Fresno, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

This room was so dirty. I dont think the floor had ever been vacuumed. The microwave was pure rust inside. I woke up to a big black bug on my pillow and than saw it had bitten my face. Could not get air to work. It was in the 90's and my room was very hot. I tried to speak with the manager but was told she was "really busy doing paper work and didnt have time"

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Santa Rosa - South, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Lisa - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. It upsets me to hear that your room was not clean, and that the air conditioning did not work during your stay. I am sorry for your experience. Your comments were reviewed by the staff, and we will be placing for emphasis on training our housekeeping and maintenance staff to make sure your experience is not repeated. I also would like to apologize that I was not able to speak to you the morning that you checked out, and want to assure you that my guests are my priority.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear it. Please contact me, at srs@extendedstay.com, so we can speak directly. We do hope you will choose to stay with us again so we can have the opportunity to provide you with a better experience.
MN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

The hotel has a lot going for it - nice clean rooms, in-room fridge and stovetop, good pet policy and a nice place to walk your dogs, and very good rates, even for short term stays. It's about the cheapest deal in town. What was supposed tobe a 10 day stay until we closed on our home turned into a 2 month stay after that deal fell through! The staff is wonderful and takes care of any request you have quickly and cheerfully. The great location and relatively quiet rooms are another plus. HOWEVER, the cheap rates attract some guests you might not appreciate as neighbors, resulting in multiple visits by the police, but the monitering system and management's dilligence in keeping out the riff-raff makes these visits less troubling and overall I feel pretty safe here. You should be aware of this however when you consider the attractive rates and the good odds you will wake up to find police cars here. The elavator is the other scarey thing. It has some quirks like almost always opening twice when you call it to the second floor and sometimes getting stuck open or dropping a few inches! Take the stairs. The sidewalks could be cleaner and some guests don't pick up their dog poop. No place is perfect and for me the pluses outweigh the minuses.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for the A/C filter to be cleaned - it makes huge difference in room cooling!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Santa Rosa - South, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you found our rooms nice and clean, and our staff was able to take care of all of your requests. We appreciate you letting us know about the issue you experienced with the elevator. We are looking into it this now.

Santa Rosa, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

This
Extended Stay Hotel met all of our needs and were very responsive and helpful when we had a request. It was good to be able to stay where there was a mini kitchen (including a 2-burner stove top, full size refrigerator, and a microwave. You may need more silverware than provided, but for us it worked out just fine.

Not a lot of frills, but location and price make it worth it. I would stay again if needs arose.

Room Tip: There is no restaurant here, but there are plenty of places to eat across on the other side of the f...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Ali R, Manager at Extended Stay America - Santa Rosa - South, responded to this review, April 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that Extended Stay America, Santa Rosa South met all of your needs, and that our staff was responsive and helpful with all of your requests.

Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

I stayed here a three nights after Christmas 2012. The price is right, the area I guess isnt. The rooms themselves are quite nice, updated, clean, nothing really fancy, but hey it's not The Ritz Carlton. The night I got in, about 7pm on a Thursday, I was informed that there was only ONE room that matched what I made a reservation for via Expedia. The night clerk girl told me the only problem is, there is NO heat. I asked if there were any other rooms available, but there were not. She said she could give me extra blankets. I am from NM, and the day time was pleasant temperatures...so really how cold could it get? WELL it was FREEZING that night! When I first entered the room, it was as if the A/C was on and I tried to turn it off. It wouldnt shut off, so I unplugged the unit. I had to actually turn on the stovetop in the early morning to get some heat. So once I was ready in the morning, I went down to the office and told her I wanted a refund/discount of some sort because it was really cold. She apologized, and said she would be able to give me a discount. I basically was told I'd be getting the 2 night reservation I booked for the price of one night. She made notes in the system and told me Expedia would give me the refund. I said, okay...I will accept this. Night two, it was cold, but with extra blankets and a stove on high heat, it was bareable, besides, I thought it's just one more night. The rooms themselves are nice and clean. I was on the top floor on the end/corner and it was quiet, no fights or kids crying, you could hear the freeway, but nothing bad at all. I had gone out that Friday night looking for another hotel to stay on Saturday night, but places were booked since it was New Years weekend. Considering the rooms where nice, I asked if I could stay one more night, but if there was another room available. I was in luck, and I was able to get a room WITH heat on my final night. Its not a bad hotel visually at all, and is roomy with a small kitchen full size refrigerator. Great shower and water pressure. Bathroom was very clean. No there aren't toiletries, but really, who doesn't travel with any of their own?
Okay, the bad side. There's a hooker that lives and operates here. She didn't bother anyone AT the hotel, but she did seem to be bringing clients there. My friend and I witnessed this when he was bringing me back to my hotel after our sightseeing days. We literally watched her for a few minutes to see what she was doing. To each her own, but it was a little weird and uncomfortable. So safety...might not be a high point of this location. I wouldn't bring my family here to stay, that's for sure.
Problem two. The discount I was promised was NEVER given. I called Expedia as soon as I returned to NM and explained the issue. Expedia called the hotel, but was never able to verify the discount agreement told to me by the desk attendant. Unfortunately, I didn't get her name. Expedia called a total of 3 times and was not able to get the manager either. So, I never got the said discount and paid 2 nights for a room with NO heat. The desk attendant told me she was noting the account in the system and would send to Expedia booking to let them know and it would take about a week for a refund. I never got it, and it was never noted. So I either lied to or the lack of communication resulted in nothing ever being done.
Would I stay here again? If I had NO other choice...maybe. BUT I'd make sure I had a room with HEAT and I would ask to not be roomed anywhere near the hooker. Great rooms, location...no.

Room Tip: If you aren't satisfied with a room, ask to be moved or for a discount. AND make sure you get it...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Ali R, Manager at Extended Stay America - Santa Rosa - South, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I sincerely apologize that you had to stay in a room with no heat, and did not receive the proper service from our staff. To make sure this doesn't happen again, I am re-training my staff to ensure that there is proper communication between all staff members and management. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention.

If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at srs@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

I am very impressed with the features of this room although the location itself is not in a walkable part of the city or close to any restaurants.

The room itself is a very modern and contemporary design with a small kitchen and about the size of a small studio apartment and is clean and well furnished.

It is a great base for exploring Sonoma County and neighboring small towns and an excellent value.

I did find the service lacking on the first night I tried to get a room since they did not have any available rooms made up because of a housekeeping shortage.

I decided to come back the second day and waited for an hour for the room to be made up but once I was in my room it was worth the wait on a rainy and chilly night.

I will definitely come back again in the future but will make reservations beforehand as they run out of rooms quickly it appears because of corporate clients.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm glad that you found the room modern, clean and well furnished, but apologize for the lack of service you received on your first night. We appreciate that you decided to come back the second day and try us again.

Englewood
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

We chose this property for its location and pricing. We were very disappointed in the condition of the room and the noise of the residents. It is an extended stay location, but the residents were not considerate of others staying there. Went to the lobby before 8 AM and there was no coffee or food for breakfast. Would not stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am so disappointed that the condition of the room, and breakfast was not 100% satisfactory. Please accept my apology. To make sure this doesn't happen again, I am re-training my staff to ensure that this does not happen again.

Thank you again for providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at srs@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.

Been to Extended Stay America - Santa Rosa - South? Share your experiences!