“The absolute WORST Place to stay.” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #23 of 26 Hotels in Santa Rosa
Bristol
“The absolute WORST Place to stay.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

If one wants to be SAFE (physically anyway), do NOT STAY here. This Hotel allows people that assault other clients. Staying in my own room, a person supposedly staying at the hotel was outside my room (within 14inches or so) was making a mobile telephone call and speaking very very loudly. I requested for him to move to another location (this was 5 minutes to 11pm), he stated that he would NOT that he was staying at the hotel & he could stay there and talk if he wanted to. I stated if he was staying there, why would he be outside MY room making a call? He became belligerent, decided to start shoving me. At this time, the chap next door came outside, the animal ran off. I telephoned management whom told me I should telephone cops. I inquired that should this NOT be there job? They did NOTHING at all.

Room Tip: DO NOT stay here at all.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Manager_11525, Owner at Extended Stay America - Santa Rosa - South, responded to this review, August 8, 2012

The experience you described is truly regrettable we take the safety and security of our guests very seriously. We strive to ensure that our guests have an exceptional stay. I can assure you we take your review very seriously and I have brought the issue you expressed to the attention of the hotel's Manager and staff; they will work to improve their processes for situations like yours.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012 via mobile

We had reservations for two rooms. Arrived late (around 11pm), office was closed. Had to bang on the door for at least 20 minutes. After that a guy came out, checked us in, made copies of our DLs and CCs, put a line next to the photocopied versions and asked for our signatures. When we asked him for our arrival documents to sign, he said that he's a laundry boy and knows nothing about them and we could get them in the morning. We said that if they needed our signatures we would be happy to provide them on documents, not on a piece of paper with photocopies.
The rooms were ok - clean, with a kitchen. No toiletries or a blow dryer. So... Not bad, very affordable and right off the freeway.

• Stayed June 2012
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Santa Rosa - South, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
Thank you for taking time to publish about your recent stay at the Extended Stay America Santa Rosa South. We focus on training our team members daily, and it is through feedback such as yours that allows us the opportunity to coach on how to better provide professional, accommodating, and friendly service to every guest.

Thank you once again, and feel free to reach out to us directly if we can assist you in any of your future travels.
Placerville, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

It was the worst hotle experince i've ever had. After a long and exausting day we looked forward to getting to our room which we had reserved a week earlier. When we got there at 8:30pm the maid was still cleaning it. It took her twenty minutes to finish. While she was still there i noticed a bar of soap in the toilet when i brought it to her attention she tried to flush it. Then twenty minutes after we had gone to bed she came knocking on the door looking for her cleaning bucket it was now 9:30pm. The next morning we noticed the toilet was backed up with the bar of soap, we asked for a plumber, and they brought us a plunger and said good luck. We left our name and number for the manager he has yet to conntact us.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Extended Stay Santa Rosa South. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am.

Ontario, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

I booked a block of rooms and had nothing but trouble.
There was no toilet paper and they said they had no time to get any.
No sheets on the beds and they said they had no one to give them to us or put them on.
Panties, condoms, earrings and nailpolish on the ground in the hall way
Trash overflowing in the bins
Fridge drained water on the floor
A dog kept running into the rooms and Front Desk would do nothing
Kids were running up and down the halls yelling
Domestic assault on second floor
No dishes in the room - none offered as replacement
Manger never returned calls and may not even have been on the property
Someone on the third floor threw an iron thru a car window below.
Roach climbin on wall
No roll aways as promised - had to rent more rooms
Fire alarm had a plastic bag taped over it so it would not sound.
Hotel is not safe, clean or managed correctly

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay America- Santa Rosa South. We take great pride in offering a clean, comfortable room at an affordable price, so I was happy to read your comments about your accommodations. However, I was disappointed to read the rest of your remarks. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

Been to Extended Stay America - Santa Rosa - South? Share your experiences!