“Having a great stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 26 Hotels in Santa Rosa
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Having a great stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

We are here right now and are having a nice, peaceful stay. When we first pulled up it looked like an average motel but once we walked in , we felt otherwise. It is nicely remodeled. It still has the bones of a motel but they have done a great job remodeling. The pool and restaurant area are beautiful. We are having a nice, quiet stay. The front desk staff has been great with every request and very helpful when asking about the area. The only negatives I have experienced are the small size of the bathroom and yes, the refrigerator is in the closet but it looks like they have a spot for it in the new furniture in the room. Maybe they are planning on it? It is in a great location and right next door ( can walk) to a 24 hour CVS and a nice Safeway grocery store with a Starbucks for addicts like me. We tried this burger place called Superburger. It's a small place that has been around since the 50's. It is our favorite so far. The burgers are huge and so tasty. They have other meat and meatless option as well including grass-fed, lamb and bison. I got a grilled chicken that was topped with buffalo hot sauce, bleu cheese, bacon, let and tom. It was so good!!! and affordable (9.00 for sandwich and share the fry-it's too much to eat for one). Lovely area!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
  • Korean first
Arlington, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here in early May. When we first got to the room we found a random wood board laying on the desk and a pregnancy test box in the closet. Also, when we asked questions of the staff they treated us dismissively. Finally, I think I forgot an expensive item in the room when we checked out. Over the past few weeks, I've called over and over, left many messages with the executive housekeeper, the front desk staff, and one of the managers. Each time they say they will check to see if our item was found and call me back. They never once have called back. Very poor service.

• Stayed May 2014
FlamingoManager, Front Office Manager at Flamingo Conference Resort & Spa, responded to this review, June 6, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for letting us know about your experience here at the Flamingo Hotel. We are sorry that your room had items that were left behind and not caught by our housekeeping department. We should not have let you occupy that room and should have moved you immediately. Please call me to discuss and we want to ensure we make up for this situation. We did replace our phone system and voice mail was not operational for a few days and am sure this is what happened with your item left behind. I believe the item was a set of head phones and we did a thorough search to try and find the item and has been communicated to you. Again, we are so sorry for this unfortunate situation and we do want to make amends. Please call me at your earlies convenience.
Chico, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

This hotel is in a really good location for getting around. I spent a week there in May. I will list Pro's and Cons in list:
No elevator in most wings and the hotel was booked- I had to huff stairs with bad back.
Terrible Cellular reception all-over hotel area, had to purchase Wi-Fi for daily fee.
No hotel gym, but one next door ($60week).
Nice/clean simple rooms- friendly house keeping.
Fantastic Food very friendly waitresses.
Fun events/ dancing lessons in bar.
Poor service at bar.
Price was ok.
Pool/Spa were beautiful.

Room Tip: If you need an elevator make sure you mention that at booking. And also, rooms either have a parkin...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Hello hannahbannana,
Thank you for your comments and we are happy that you enjoyed your stay. We are in the process of working with A T&T on improving cell phone reception and having a booster installed. We do offer Wifi and Health Club fee, however, we do not want to add on a Resort Fee to cover these expenses and charge guests even though they may not need to use internet or have time to experience our 8000 health club facility. We look forward to your return soon.
Silverado, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

My wife and I and two other couples went to Sonoma county on winery business and pleasure. We stayed at the Flamingo because one of the couples had a 2 night stay that they had bought at a charity auction...One of the couples stayed in a two bedroom suite, long story short, the second bedroom barley had enough room for a double bed; you had to slide between the bed and the wall to hop in. The main bedroom was larger, however the first afternoon when my buddy took a nap, the bed collapsed....Hotel accused him of jumping on the bed....The other couple had no air conditioning the first 2 nights and we're finally moved to another room. Our room was tired and worn. The bathroom was tiny, with one sink and no room for two to get ready....We left our room at noon and put the "Service Please" sign on the door....when we returned, the room had not been cleaned...the front desk accused us of being confused and displaying the "Do Not Disturb" side of the sign by mistake.....IT SEEMS LIKE IT'S NEVER THEIR FAULT.... At check out, the broken bed room got a comp for a future visit, the no air room got one future night free and we got $40.00 off our bill....I can tell you this....freebies or not, none of us will be staying at the Flamingo again....That all said, I know the rooms are slowly being redone and the property is unique and I think is prime for some investor to come along and make it really nice....I'll be watching

Room Tip: If you must stay ask for a newly renovated room
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Memphis, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

My fiancee and I stayed here. We were originally quoted a rate which was higher than we had seen at other hotels nearby. When we called them back, they agreed to lower their rate in-line with the other hotels in the area. We confirmed the lower rate twice by e-mail.

After we checked out, we discovered that they charged $68 more than their confirmed rate. We've tried calling to resolve the issue, but the reservation manager just kept repeating that these sorts of mistakes happen at their hotel and they're unwilling to honor the rate they confirmed in writing.

As for the hotel itself, it is basically a motel around a pool with a CVS and IHOP next door. Not really a "resort". The room smelled musty and looked like they had done a and the parking lots had spots you couldn't park due to torn up pavement (not sure if it is normally in that condition or if there was some construction). The bar charged a cover both nights we were there, so we didn't bother going down for drinks.

The IHOP next door was great, though, so the "resort" has that going for it.

Overall, I couldn't recommend Flamingo to any traveler. If you do decide to go, check your credit card statement after you leave.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
FlamingoManager, Front Office Manager at Flamingo Conference Resort & Spa, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Dear Kevin M,
We are sorry for the rate issue based on what was confirmed. Please call me directly to rectify the wrong rate charged.

Front Office Manager
Santa Rosa, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014

The Hotel is awesome BUT: RESERVATIONS.com has the information WAY OFF!! You cannot sit in the restaurant and see the Russian river from the hotel. Its about 15miles away. They have 1 Olympic size pool. If you want to do what they describe as a "short walk to Safari West", prepare to walk a "short" twenty miles.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
FlamingoResortSpa, Director of Sales at Flamingo Conference Resort & Spa, responded to this review, May 27, 2014
Thank you for your complimentary review and have asked Reservations.com to change their web site text as we did not authorize the location descriptions of Russian River views nor Safari West is within walking distance that you described and i confirmed on their web site.
Memphis, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014

They didn't honor the BLOCK RATE FOR WEDDING that I was promised IN WRITING (they emailed me the invoice). Let me clear: This wasn't confirmed merely over the phone. They confirmed to the penny and then EMAILED THE INVOICE TO ME. When overcharged, I called and they said <<Sorry, how unfortunate, it's what you signed for>>. Saying it's "unfortunate" doesn't fix it; giving me my money back does (just the overpaid portion).

Did I mention that they themselves emailed me the official invoice? And then ignored it?

I had called and received the confirmation 4 days before check-in for this very purpose because they have a cancellation policy that doesn't let you cancel too close to check-in. I understood that I was bound by that. So there's a limit to when I cancel for a refund but you can slap any rate you want on the check-in form and that's our new agreement? That's dishonest - plain and simple. It's called a bait and switch.

This is all very embarassing for the couple that got married and whose guests stayed here. Oh, and if you want romance in wine country, you'll be disappointed with the CVS next door and motel atmosphere you see before even going inside.

I travel and stay at hotels at least once or twice per month for business and pleasure, and this has never happened, neither domestically nor internationally, 3-star or 5-star. I created this tripadvisor account just to caution others. It's inexcusable, dishonest, and they are completely unwilling to simply refund the overpriced portion (see above re: "unfortunate").

Room Tip: Sleep in your car. Seriously, find another place. A 3-star hotel (or a good 2.5-star hotel) would be...
Dear Regretful20,
We are sorry for the confusion as to your room rate and just to clairfy that we do honor group rates as well as any rate contirmed. Please call me immediately to rectify the discrepancy.

Front Office Manager

Been to Flamingo Conference Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!