I stayed at the Flamingo in August for 10 days as part of the McDougall Wellness program. The 'resort' definitely has a vintage, mid-century feel. My room was pretty spacious, and only mildly dated in the bathroom. The lack of a bathtub was a negative, but the shower was fine so no problem. The hotel is essentially a circle, and the center is a courtyard with a very large pool. I really enjoyed hanging out in the pool area. The pool itself is only heated to 80 degrees according to one staff member, so that was a little chilly for me.
If you are looking for an upscale, 5-star sort of experience with people waiting on you at every turn, this is not that sort of place. If you appreciate a retro style, friendly staff, and a relaxing atmosphere, the Flamingo may be just right for you. There is a restaurant on site, large pool, hot tub, and that is about it. Using the word 'resort' may be stretching it as far as the number/type of amenities/activities go, but the hotel overall was charming and cool.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Historic Landmark located between Sonoma Valley Wineries and downtown Santa Rosa, walking distance to upscale Shopping Montgomery Village, 5 restaurants, 24 hr CVS Pharmacy and Safeway/Starbucks. Full service affordable Destination Resort with 8 treatment rooms Spa featuring a Couples Massage, facials, manicure, pedicure, Vichy Body Scrub,2 Olympic size Outdoor heated Pools, 5 Tennis Courts with Pro, 8,000 Sq ft Montecito Heghts Health Club with child care, personal trainers, Indoor Cycle and Warm Yoga Studios,Free Parking, 170 rooms including 13 Pool view Suites,newly remodeled Executive Kings,Pet friendly rooms upon request,Family rooms-3-4 beds; all non Smoking rooms with mini refrigerators, King or dbl-dbl size beds, complimentary Wine and Cheese tasting every Friday 5-7pm, Poolside Dining, Lounge with nightly entertainment- dancing on weekends, Salsa Sundays,3-6pm Happy Hour,2 Bars,Healthy menu choices, Sunday Champagne Brunch, 15 function rooms 15,000 sq ft of function space ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Tingo, Travelocity, Otel, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Priceline, Agoda and Venere so you can book your Flamingo Conference Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Flamingo Conference Resort And Spa
- Flamingo Resort Santa Rosa
- Flamingo Hotel Santa Rosa
- Flamingo Conference Resort & Spa Santa Rosa, CA - Sonoma County