Well where do you start with this little gem (not).
If you like dogs, well at the least the smell of them this is probably just what you are looking for. We arrived late at night and just wanted to get some sleep. We checked in at reception and all seemed fine and got the keys to the room. We opened the door and was greeted by the stench of 'doggy odour' (and more faeces than 'wet dog'). Don't get me wrong as a former dog owner I'm not apposed to dogs, BUT come on keep the rooms clean. We were all too tied to go back down to reception and agreed to bed down for the night and speak to the staff in the morning. We went down to reception (even the corridors smelt) and after a lot of arguing and denial on their part we where relocated.
The pool especially at weekends when everyone from town seems to arrive to not very clean. I know accidents happen but one corner of the pool had a film of what appeared to be vomit 'bobbing around' on the surface.
Breakfasts... we visited the restaurant and I opted for the full breakfast from the menu, it arrived and all looked fine apart from... no beef patty. No problem, I asked the waitress and she took my plate and returned with my breakfast and a large quarter pound type burger. Great I though until I tried to cut into it and covered my breakfast with blood. The thing was barely cooked and my breakfast looked like a scene from Jaws. Knife and fork down, end of that. Thanks.
Day trips. The next leg of our vacation was to travel down to San Francisco and got talking to the reception staff about 'Alcatraz' trips and the fact that they were all booked out for weeks. DON'T worry they said we know someone who works there. Great we thought, they took our details and managed to get us on a trip, well at least we thought. 'Trusting' them we didn't take much notice of the tickets/printout until we arrived in San Fran and checked the dates. The moron on reception had booked us on a trip in three weeks time (we would be home by then!). I called the hotel and left messages, we even emailed them, but no response. The VERY nice people at Pier 33 returned our money with the exception of the the booking fee taken by the 'flamingo (they also confirm that didn't know anyone from the hotel). Don't trust these people, but if you have to double check everything!
So if you like the smell of dirty dog, fancy a splash about in vomit, enjoy a breakfast that looks like a murder scene or want to pay a booking fee for something you never get to do, then this is place for you.
My Garmin GPS wanted to take us down the road about half a mile to another hotel. Maybe I should have listened to it (sorry GPS for not trusting your judgement).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Historic Landmark located between Sonoma Valley Wineries and downtown Santa Rosa, walking distance to upscale Shopping Montgomery Village, 5 restaurants, 24 hr CVS Pharmacy and Safeway/Starbucks. Full service affordable Destination Resort with 8 treatment rooms Spa featuring a Couples Massage, facials, manicure, pedicure, Vichy Body Scrub,2 Olympic size Outdoor heated Pools, 5 Tennis Courts with Pro, 8,000 Sq ft Montecito Heghts Health Club with child care, personal trainers, Indoor Cycle and Warm Yoga Studios,Free Parking, 170 rooms including 13 Pool view Suites,newly remodeled Executive Kings,Pet friendly rooms upon request,Family rooms-3-4 beds; all non Smoking rooms with mini refrigerators, King or dbl-dbl size beds, complimentary Wine and Cheese tasting every Friday 5-7pm, Poolside Dining, Lounge with nightly entertainment- dancing on weekends, Salsa Sundays,3-6pm Happy Hour,2 Bars,Healthy menu choices, Sunday Champagne Brunch, 15 function rooms 15,000 sq ft of function space ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Agoda, HotelTravel.com, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz and Low Cost Holidays so you can book your Flamingo Conference Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Flamingo Conference Resort And Spa
- Flamingo Resort Santa Rosa
- Flamingo Hotel Santa Rosa
- Flamingo Conference Resort & Spa Santa Rosa, CA - Sonoma County