We were up in Sonoma for a wedding and booked at the Flamingo using credit card rewards. The pictures online seemed nice enough so we decided it was worth a try since worst case it was only for a night. I'm pretty glad it was just one night.
The room was clean, but clearly old. About 60% of the room and amenities have been upgraded, but that remaining chunk is pretty glaring. The bathroom is old and dated. The shower head on the shower is the bare bones spout I would expect to see in a prison. They give you shampoo and conditioner, but no shower gel. The bed has some creaky springs, and is far from the lush comfortable bed you'd want at a place with "resort" in the name. I usually don't iron in my hotel room, but since this was for a wedding I did pull out the iron and board. The iron was broken, but usable. Somehow by that point I wasn't really surprised. They also don't provide free in-room internet, but it is available for a relatively affordable ~$7/day. We got a free continental breakfast with our stay, and I was again underwhelmed. I assumed that in a place with a full kitchen (they have a restaurant where you can also purchase typical breakfast fare) the continental breakfast would have a few prepared items or hot items. Nope. Cereal, fruit, yogurt, cheap bagels, and hard boiled eggs in a bowl of water. Definitely worse than any Hampton Inn I've stayed at.
Aside from the in-room internet charge, it feels like that do a bit of nickle and diming. They have a fully equipped fitness center, but that will run you $12/day. Want to print your boarding pass in the lobby? The computer costs $0.50/min to use. Seriously? You won't even offer free internet on the lobby computer?
At least they have ample free parking.
On the plus side the pool is beautiful and there is a ton of comfortable lounging to be had. They have servers that will come to your chair and bring food and drinks.
The only REAL selling point I can see after our stay is that it's on the cheaper side in the expensive Sonoma area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Historic Landmark located between Sonoma Valley Wineries and downtown Santa Rosa, walking distance to upscale Shopping Montgomery Village, 5 restaurants, 24 hr CVS Pharmacy and Safeway/Starbucks. Full service affordable Destination Resort with 8 treatment rooms Spa featuring a Couples Massage, facials, manicure, pedicure, Vichy Body Scrub,2 Olympic size Outdoor heated Pools, 5 Tennis Courts with Pro, 8,000 Sq ft Montecito Heghts Health Club with child care, personal trainers, Indoor Cycle and Warm Yoga Studios,Free Parking, 170 rooms including 13 Pool view Suites,newly remodeled Executive Kings,Pet friendly rooms upon request,Family rooms-3-4 beds; all non Smoking rooms with mini refrigerators, King or dbl-dbl size beds, complimentary Wine and Cheese tasting every Friday 5-7pm, Poolside Dining, Lounge with nightly entertainment- dancing on weekends, Salsa Sundays,3-6pm Happy Hour,2 Bars,Healthy menu choices, Sunday Champagne Brunch, 15 function rooms 15,000 sq ft of function space ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Odigeo and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Flamingo Conference Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Flamingo Conference Resort And Spa
- Flamingo Resort Santa Rosa
- Flamingo Hotel Santa Rosa
- Flamingo Conference Resort & Spa Santa Rosa, CA - Sonoma County