Our only negative was that this was an enroute one night stay from arcata back to San Francisco. We were lucky enough to score this room (mid week note) on priceline for $60 plus tax - what we paid for a horrible place we had stayed on the way up (see review of santa rosa travelodge!)
According to my cousin who lives in San Francisco, this was a weekend retreat with nothing around it in the 50's 60's. It still has original sign and layout but has been updated to current standards.
Cool stuff: you drive up to your room. They are laid out in sets of 4 with a "back door" to your car - ours was on the second story and we did have to schlep our suitcases up the stairs. Then you walk in to the room and also have a front door which goes to the hallway. The room was in the basics whites and wood. Very calming. The bed was amazingly comfortable especially after driving down from the Eureka area.
Did not use any services as next day we were on the way out toward the bay area. The pool area looked very nice and so did the restaurant area which they have on the patio. The hotel is laid out in a wheel style with the pool in the "hub" and the rooms on the "spokes".
I could have stayed here several days - note did NOT use the wifi so not sure if it cost and how much.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Historic Landmark located between Sonoma Valley Wineries and downtown Santa Rosa, walking distance to upscale Shopping Montgomery Village, 5 restaurants, 24 hr CVS Pharmacy and Safeway/Starbucks. Full service affordable Destination Resort with 8 treatment rooms Spa featuring a Couples Massage, facials, manicure, pedicure, Vichy Body Scrub,2 Olympic size Outdoor heated Pools, 5 Tennis Courts with Pro, 8,000 Sq ft Montecito Heghts Health Club with child care, personal trainers, Indoor Cycle and Warm Yoga Studios,Free Parking, 170 rooms including 13 Pool view Suites,newly remodeled Executive Kings,Pet friendly rooms upon request,Family rooms-3-4 beds; all non Smoking rooms with mini refrigerators, King or dbl-dbl size beds, complimentary Wine and Cheese tasting every Friday 5-7pm, Poolside Dining, Lounge with nightly entertainment- dancing on weekends, Salsa Sundays,3-6pm Happy Hour,2 Bars,Healthy menu choices, Sunday Champagne Brunch, 15 function rooms 15,000 sq ft of function space ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Otel, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your Flamingo Conference Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Flamingo Conference Resort And Spa
- Flamingo Resort Santa Rosa
- Flamingo Hotel Santa Rosa
- Flamingo Conference Resort & Spa Santa Rosa, CA - Sonoma County