“Funky and Affordable” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 26 Hotels in Santa Rosa
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Funky and Affordable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

Probably my 20th stay here and it continues to deliver a reliable and great product.
It is a funky, back to the 50's hotel which wraps around a huge pool. Ideal spot if you have kids.
My rooms have always been impeccably clean and the service top notch. My brother stayed here as well and he was delighted with his room. They have updated rooms and the one I stayed in was delightful. Ask for a room with a pool view. I also had a four poster bed and soaking tub which was a first!
They have a full service restaurant and the breakfasts are great. It is centrally located in Santa Rosa.

Room Tip: Facing the pool. The windows are floor to ceiling and about 20 feet long.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
  • Korean first
Peoria, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

I am so disappointed in this hotel. I read reviews on this places and booked it cause of all the possitive comments it had. Makes me think they paid people to write positive reviews. The lobby is nice and the court yard is beautiful. But the rooms are so out date. We were here on business for 5 days. We travel a lot for business and still in a lot of hotels. When we entered the room it was like walking into the a mix of the 70s and present. It was so out dated looking. The walls had wallpaper that was peeling at the seems and coming apart in the corners. The furniture was worn well past its time. The bed was king size but hard as a rock. The bathroom was a blast from the past. They charge you for everything. Found out even guest have to pay for internet $6/day I've always had free internet at other hotels. Asked for a microwave that was $5/day. Then the microwave they brought looked like it was beat with a baseball bat asked for another one and it was the same. Called the manager and told him my concerns of the internet fees and the microwave fees and was told that was just the way it is. There was nothing he could do. Well what I can do is let everyone know about it!!!!!!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
FlamingoManager, Front Office Manager at Flamingo Conference Resort & Spa, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Jeff, thank you for your review and comments regarding your stay here at the Flamingo Hotel. We are sorry to hear about the wallpaper peeling, comfort of the bed and condition of the furniture and microwaves. We wish that we had a chance to fix your concerns while you were here because we don't want our guests to depart unhappy and never return again. Thank you for letting us know of the problems that you experienced.
We would like you to contact us directly so we have an opportunity to identify your room number and correct the condition of the room you occupied. We would have moved you immediately if we would have known of the condition of the room considering you were here for 5 nights.
We are constantly changing out our beds and am sure that our inspectors will find the wallpaper and furniture that needs repair. Some guests like the "retro" feel, however, we just remodeled our Executive Wing with 34 brand new rooms designed with beautiful decor and have two other wings that we consider Superior showing off new furniture as well. We have inspected all of our microwaves and replaced any that are not superior in condition.
Here at the Flamingo, we strive for perfection and want to be considered a "the best value in town". We do charge for internet and microwaves, however, we try to price our rooms accordingly and don't add "extra" charges in our room rates and thus allows us to be the lowest price in a 3.5 star rating. Please contact us and give us a chance to change your opinion. Sincerely.
Rio Vista, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

The hotel was older but the rooms were updated. The bathrooms small. A beautiful pool but closed for the winter. The charge for Internet was very high and even if you got the service - I Pad and phone wouldn't connect in the meeting room or dining room and often not in our room. AT&T on the cell phone had less than one bar. This needs to be addressed for the business men and women and for people staying in touch with family. Room was clean but public bathroom dirty by end of conference. Overall, I would stay here again if they drop the Internet fee and promise better Internet service.

• Stayed March 2013
Vancouver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

Got a good price on a prepaid website. The room on the second floor was very quiet. A bit disconcerting was the hair on the bedspread that wasn't ours. Room was otherwise clean. Bed was comfortable but the pillows were flat and need replacing. I'm amazed that the choice of TV channels was so poor in this era of cable. The hotel is dated but functions well. We've stayed here a few of times in the last 10 years and the hotel seems in better shape than I recall. Lots of breakfast choices within a couple of blocks. I'd definitely recommend staying here if the price is right and you don't plan on spending much time watching TV.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Santa Rosa, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

This is a nice hotel, very dated but clean and comfortable. Beware first floor rooms as they are right by the entry door so you hear guests coming in and out. Also beware that they charge for internet access which is absolutely ridiculous. On the positive side, they do provide a guest pass for a fitness center right next door. On the down side, this is a public fitness center and VERY busy.

Room Tip: If you want a first floor room, ask to see it first as some are right next to entry doors making it...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
california
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

This place I'm sure was great in the 60's,70's, and maybe even the early 80's. Oh, but it's really time to get up too 2013 Flamingo. I only wish the rooms were priced according to the time era and decoration.
When I drove up to this place it reminded me of an old Las Vegas hotel and was a far cry from resort or spa. Then when I walked into the lobby it smelled like bad air freshener that was trying to cover up the stench of old cig smoke.
The hallway to our SUITE also had a moldy water smell. I had to laugh at what they call a suite, again I'm sure the suite was great way back when...but the furniture and carpet needs to be replaced asap.
I often visit the beautiful Napa/Sonoma wine country and stay in Santa Rosa though in the future I won't be stay at this place again.
Don't be fooled by the pictures.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
MN
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

Our stay at the formerly lovely Flamingo was a disappointment. While they are renovating one wing which looked well past due, the part we stayed in had dirty carpets, stained linens, moldy grout, and ill-fitting doors which actually came open once while we were out! Fortunately we left the tv on so it probably looked like we were just airing the place out and nothing got taken. The cord on the hairdryer was so tangled and filthy I didn't want to use it. The parking areas in back are extremely poorly lit so you feel quite unsafe leaving your car parked there, or even walking out after dark.

When I asked to take my continental breakfast to our room, I was informed I could not take the silverware or plate since I might not return them! How nice to treat your guests like criminals!! Perhaps this is indicative of the clientele they are now attracting? Too bad - it used to be my favorite place but we will stay no more.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a renovated room.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Been to Flamingo Conference Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!