“1960's hotel” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 26 Hotels in Santa Rosa
california
“1960's hotel”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

This place I'm sure was great in the 60's,70's, and maybe even the early 80's. Oh, but it's really time to get up too 2013 Flamingo. I only wish the rooms were priced according to the time era and decoration.
When I drove up to this place it reminded me of an old Las Vegas hotel and was a far cry from resort or spa. Then when I walked into the lobby it smelled like bad air freshener that was trying to cover up the stench of old cig smoke.
The hallway to our SUITE also had a moldy water smell. I had to laugh at what they call a suite, again I'm sure the suite was great way back when...but the furniture and carpet needs to be replaced asap.
I often visit the beautiful Napa/Sonoma wine country and stay in Santa Rosa though in the future I won't be stay at this place again.
Don't be fooled by the pictures.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
  • Korean first
MN
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

Our stay at the formerly lovely Flamingo was a disappointment. While they are renovating one wing which looked well past due, the part we stayed in had dirty carpets, stained linens, moldy grout, and ill-fitting doors which actually came open once while we were out! Fortunately we left the tv on so it probably looked like we were just airing the place out and nothing got taken. The cord on the hairdryer was so tangled and filthy I didn't want to use it. The parking areas in back are extremely poorly lit so you feel quite unsafe leaving your car parked there, or even walking out after dark.

When I asked to take my continental breakfast to our room, I was informed I could not take the silverware or plate since I might not return them! How nice to treat your guests like criminals!! Perhaps this is indicative of the clientele they are now attracting? Too bad - it used to be my favorite place but we will stay no more.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a renovated room.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Granville, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

Hi to all,

I made a trip in Santa Rosa during a few days in march 2012. I stay in the Flamingo hotel during 10 days and it was awesome ! The flamingo's crew is very kind and at your service for all you desire. The room, food and also the sports equipments are at a high level.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Southern Oregon Coast
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

We stayed two years ago and found the room adequate but dated and with a filthy stained carpet. We stayed for Christmas Eve night and again found the room comfortable but with stained carpets in the room and hall. Doesn't Santa Rosa have carpet cleaners? The staff was very nice. I'm a little leery about parking in the dark, back area but parked under a light. We probably would stay again because it's so convenient but $140 for a quick sleep is a bit much.

Room Tip: Ask for an updated room but expect to pay more!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
FlamingoResortSpa, Manager at Flamingo Conference Resort & Spa, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Thank you for compliments on our service, staff and location.
We replaced Hallway carpets in the last week and addressing room carpets as well this week.
We appreciate your tryin gus again and would lilke to ensure your next visit is better if you contact us in advance. Our Holidays periods are very busy but before or after is our value season or consider advance purchase specials.
North Fork, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

This is an older property that resembles old Las Vegas. The staff and management were great providing excellent service. The rooms we refurbished and left a a bit to desire, the carpet needed a good cleaning or replacement. The hallway had antiseptic smell. The outdoor courtyard was beautiful featuring a huge pool.

I was on business and was treated to one of the best catered lunches I have experienced, and I have experienced many.

The meals in the restaurant were well prepared, but pricy. The service was excellent.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012 via mobile

Stayed two nights for a conference. Older property but clean comfortable rooms. Service was excellent. I made several requests of the front desk including bringing in a roll away cot to changing my billing credit card and they responded promptly and friendly. Room was very quiet and
Comfortable! I would definitely recommend the hotel for business or pleasure.

• Stayed November 2012
Oxnard
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

Whenever we go to Santa Rosa to visit my sister, we stay here. It was built in 1962 and still has that 60's look. There's a huge beautiful olympic-size pool and a large hot tub. The hot tub temperature is very hot though. We wonder if it's over 104. But once you get used to it, its so nice. It's in a great location; near restaurants and markets. I highly recommend it. It's a feel-good resort.

Room Tip: We like staying in the rooms on the lower floor where we can walk out to the spa.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Been to Flamingo Conference Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!