“A Step Back in Time” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 26 hotels in Santa Rosa
North Fork, California
“A Step Back in Time”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

This is an older property that resembles old Las Vegas. The staff and management were great providing excellent service. The rooms we refurbished and left a a bit to desire, the carpet needed a good cleaning or replacement. The hallway had antiseptic smell. The outdoor courtyard was beautiful featuring a huge pool.

I was on business and was treated to one of the best catered lunches I have experienced, and I have experienced many.

The meals in the restaurant were well prepared, but pricy. The service was excellent.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

406 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
  • Korean first
California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012 via mobile

Stayed two nights for a conference. Older property but clean comfortable rooms. Service was excellent. I made several requests of the front desk including bringing in a roll away cot to changing my billing credit card and they responded promptly and friendly. Room was very quiet and
Comfortable! I would definitely recommend the hotel for business or pleasure.

• Stayed November 2012
Oxnard
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

Whenever we go to Santa Rosa to visit my sister, we stay here. It was built in 1962 and still has that 60's look. There's a huge beautiful olympic-size pool and a large hot tub. The hot tub temperature is very hot though. We wonder if it's over 104. But once you get used to it, its so nice. It's in a great location; near restaurants and markets. I highly recommend it. It's a feel-good resort.

Room Tip: We like staying in the rooms on the lower floor where we can walk out to the spa.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Sonoma, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

We chose the Flamingo as a last minute get a way for my girlfriend and i. We had an great experience from reservations(helped us decide on the right room for our romantic getaway) to check in to the restaurant(the Gnocchi is amazing). Even the spa was wonderful, we had a 50 minuted couples massage include in our Romance package. Surprisingly they even ha da place for my girlfriend to do yoga. I don't usually review anybody,i normally leave that to my girlfriend but after seeing some of the other reviews I had to put in my two cents as well.

Room Tip: I did not know at the time of booking but we booked what the reservations manager called a "Rom...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Southern Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

We stayed for a girl's weekend at the Flamingo Resort and Spa. We enjoyed the vibe; the bright pink towering sign when you approach and the lounge on a Friday night were fun.

The beds were very comfortable but the walls were paper thin. We didn't have a lot of noisy neighbors, but we did hear everyone who walked by talking.

The room also steamed up like a sauna whenever someone took a shower. Picture water cascading down the floor to ceiling windows, and you'll have an idea.

As far as the staff, they were average. The first two people I spoke with were helpful and kind. The last two were inconvenienced by my request for an extra blanket.

Overall, we booked on Priceline which made the cost worthwhile. We might go back for our next girl's weekend, but frankly, we spent very little time in the room anyway.

Room Tip: Upstairs, away from the club.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Florida, USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

We had a 1st floor unit. It was unusual in that it had an inside entrance and an exterior entrance (2 doors). The exterior entrance was shared with another room and the stairs to the 2nd floor. I share this because this arrangement ensures noise every time someone uses the door. On the plus side the doors closed firmly, on the minus side that was noisy. Bed was confortable, bathroom was small and well you just knew it had to be pink with the name of the hotel. Just a word, if you don't do maintenance religiously then pink looks dingy quickly.

I did like that you could walk to a great shopping area from here and the room was comfortable.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Santa Clara, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

For a hotel with 'resort' in the name I really expected a resort-like experience. Unfortunately, my stay at Flamingo left a lot more to be desired.

I was not too thrilled with the motel style decor in the common area. It appeared more dated than retro and not particularly pleasing.

We stayed at the executive king size pool view room. The interior of the room was thankfully modern. Some area could use a bit of renovation but the overall quality wasn't too terrible. My main disappointment was housekeeping. I have found several stains on their linen. Some of the towels had seen better days and really need to be replaced. During our stay we have even found a dirty rug left by the housekeeping staff.

The bed was reasonably comfortable despite being a bit springy. Bathroom is roomy since there were no tub. Would have been a lot better if there were more counter space. The wall hairdryer in the bathroom is long hair girl's worst nightmare. They actually left a more powerful one in the closet but I didn't find out until much later so don't make the same mistake I did.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Prices are for rooms, adults

Been to Flamingo Conference Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!