“A great stay, for Valentine's Day” 5 of 5 stars

Fountaingrove Inn
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   101 Fountaingrove Pkwy., Santa Rosa, CA 95403   |
Ranked #7 of 26 Hotels in Santa Rosa
San Rafael, California
“A great stay, for Valentine's Day”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

The hotel is right off the highway, but once you walk into the beautiful lobby, you don't hear the noise. The whole place is very nicely designed, warm colors and stone everywhere.

We got a great price, last minute Priceline Express Deal for Valentine's Day, and were very happy with this choice.

The front desk staff were friendly and check-in was quick.

The room was in the back and the window faced the hill, giving us a view of the green hill and a quiet atmosphere. We had a room with two queen beds, and the one we slept in was very comfortable, The Keurig coffee maker was a plus, it worked perfectly, and we found fresh half and half in the small fridge in the closet.

The bathroom was larger than expected, and comfortable.

We did not ask about a breakfast voucher, and we had to leave early so didn't have breakfast at Equus.

The hotel deserves its star rating, 3.5*, and we would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Modesto, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

My husband and I spent two days at this hotel. It is a lovely property and while there were some minor issues during our stay, we brought them to the attention of the staff and the hotel manager, and they were addressed and resolved immediately! The Equus restaurant served a very nice breakfast and the food was good. We would stay there again!

San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

We liked this hotel and location. Didn't use heated Jacuzzi/swim pool. Beds are very comfy. We had a junior suite in the second building, far from the road, so didn't hear any noise.
Like the morning buffet and very attentive staff in the restaurant. We also took our lunch "to go" and it was made withing 15 mnts as promised.
Planning to come back and enjoy another stay:-)

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Modesto, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

We "won" this hotel on a Priceline bid for $75. We stayed two nights in room 102, which is on the ground floor of the main building. We did not get told of a free breakfast, nor did we ask. We were here on a beer drinking weekend at Russian River Brewing and knew we would never, ever make it down to a breakfast before 11am.

I love the look of this place. It is really beautiful, designed in what I think of as Prairie School style, though I'm not an architect and might be wrong. Lots of wood and stone and strong horizontal lines. The lobby has rough-hewn stone walls, lots of natural light coming from above, and a water feature. You feel like you are outside. Seriously, someone took a lot of care designing it because.even walking down the hallways was visually pleasing. It is NOT located in a scenic area, but in a typical "hotel row" right off the freeway. However, they have built a fence around the perimeter of the building to help with noise reduction. Ivy is growing over it and they planted ferns and birch trees inside of it, so you actually have a rather pastoral view and sense of privacy. Our room had a enormous picture window, so it was wonderful to actually have a pretty picture!

Our King room was very spacious. I had work to do, so it was nice to have both a desk and a chaise lounge on which to take advantage of the free wifi. The bathroom was huge, with plenty of counter space over which to strew my mountain of cosmetics and face care products. Two of us could function perfectly well together in that bathroom, a rarity in most hotels. A tiny fridge in the closet was nice for leftovers.The King size bed was comfortable with soft sheets and mounds of down pillows. Keurig coffee maker with (gasp) real half in half in the fridge. This alone made me a devoted fan. Seriously loath the powdered crap (which was also available).

We tend to stick to ourselves, but the woman who checked us in was nice. Seemed to be happy that we were SO into the decor. Also, the housekeeper happily gave me extra Keurig coffee packets when I asked.

The only bad thing about this hotel is now I won't want to Priceline in Santa Rosa anymore....I'm just going to want to stay here. We come here a few times a year, and I'm looking forward to returning to the Fountain Grove Inn.

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms in the main have sweet little "walled garden" views.
MN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

Since I will no longer stay at the Flamingo, I did the roll-of-the-dice deal on Hotwire where you can book a 4-star hotel at a great price but don't know which one it is until you pay. That's how I ended up at Fountaingrove for two nights this January. It was very clean in all regards and the coffee machine brews those little premeasured cups. They had real creamer in the fridge and not that powdery junk. The beds were very comfortable but there is a lot of road noise that comes through the windows, even though I was staying in the back. This part of town has sirens that blare quite often too. The drapes didn't quite shut tight and I like it dark when I sleep, so I had to push them behind the lamp to block more light out. There is a little fridge in the room but no microwave. They did not include breakfast with my low rate, but I did hear them offer vouchers to another guest. Be sure and ask for the breakfast vouchers if you stay here. The 2nd floor back door to the parking area was also not a secure door so anyone can come and go through it. I would stay here again as I don't mind sleeping with earplugs.

Room Tip: Get as far away from the road as you can, ask for breakfast vouchers, and inquire ahead of time if y...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Sacramento
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

Checkin went very smoothly as was our entire stay. We had a room on the second floor in the rear of the Inn. The furnishing were nice and the room clean. We did not eat or visit the bar, so I cannot comment. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Santa Rosa, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

This was a TravelZoo experience for us and we enjoyed our stay very much. What we liked about it was the spacious room (Jr. Suite), the quiet and the good quality. The staff was very friendly and helpful and the restaurant had a great breakfast buffet that was included. We didn't have any other meals there. Our rating could have very well been a three also for the reasons that there wasn't anything that distinguished this above other good quality establishments and the location wasn't particularly special. Probably this was a 3 1/2. We would go back again on the same TravelZoo deal but probably not at full price.

Room Tip: We were in building 2 facing northwest. The hallways were very cold - probably conserving electrici...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Fountaingrove Inn? Share your experiences!