We recently stayed at the Hilton (Sonoma Wine Country) for one night as part of a family get together in Santa Rosa. I have broken down my review into different categories as follows:
Price: We paid $114 ($128 with tax) for a one night stay. After reviewing other hotels in the Santa Rosa area, this price was competitive and even on the low end. There are other hotels, such as Quality Inn, etc in a worse location that are available from $70 to $100. We preferred to pay a little more for a better location and nicer hotel.
Location: The location of the hotel was very convenient, located in northern Santa Rosa just a few minutes off the Freeway near Fountaingrove Parkway. This hotel would be a good base for those going wine tasting, etc. Not a walkable hotel, you need to drive, nothing within walking distance.
Hotel/Room: The hotel was in good condition. It is made up of a number to three story wood-construction buildings. There was nice wood decking at the entry and on the back side of the hotel buildings. The room was spacious, even for us with four in the room. The bathroom was adequate and clean. The linens were fine. The big negative with regard to the room was the inability to insulate the rooms from exterior noise. From the room you were able to hear ordinary conversations being held in the hallway and adjacent rooms. We are not sensitive to noise, but something to do with the construction of the hotel allows the noise to pentetrate too easily. For those of you who are light sleepers this could be a problem.
Staff: We had very little interaction with staff, only at checkin which was quick and efficient.
If not for the issue with the noise, this would have been a perfect stay for us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hilton Sonoma Wine Country hotel is the perfect California retreat. Set in the midst of 13 acres of private land, the hotel boasts panoramic views of the Santa Rosa Valley. Enjoy our spacious and modern guest rooms, and take advantage of complimentary local wine tastings on Friday evenings. Our stunning indoor and outdoor event space is perfect for weddings and conferences. Dine at the Nectar Restaurant & Lounge, featuring wine country cuisine, created from the finest local produce. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hilton Hotels, HotelTravel.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Despegar.com, getaroom.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Hilton Sonoma Wine Country reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Sonoma Wine Country Hotel Santa Rosa
- Hilton Hotel Santa Rosa
- Hilton Santa Rosa
- Hilton Sonoma Wine Country Santa Rosa, CA - Sonoma County