We booked this hotel via the hotel's own website and got a great deal. The rooms are obviously newly renovated and ours was quite spacious. We dined in the restaurant on-site, and the food was nothing special, but we adored taking a glass of wine out on their lovely heat-lamped terrace. If we hadn't needed to encounter any staff during the stay, we may have given this hotel a higher rating. The front desk agent said no more than 3 words to us at check-in, ignored my request to reconfirm our room type (and we ended up having to move rooms, as we specifically wanted a different bed -- which also required us driving to a different building), and could not answer my query about morning breakfast service. Do you have it? Yes or no. Usually I would chalk that all up to a new employee... except it kept happening. After dinner, we decided to watch a movie. It took us a few minutes to agree on a title, and then the movie wouldn't work. We waited about 10 minutes and tried again. I called the desk and got another employee who stated, "we're full and everybody must be watching movies." Then HUNG UP! I called back after 10 more minutes of trying and they said someone was resolving the issue. Great, thanks for letting us know. The next morning we woke to ice cold water. Absolutely couldn't get a drop of hot water. Did the whole sink bathing thing and headed to check out (pretty annoying to spend more than your room rate on dinner at the property and then not get a hot shower in the morning!). When we mentioned to the staff that our wing had apparently run out of hot water, she blankly stared at us and said, "we had a water main break, didn't you see the water outside?" Well, um, no. It was raining. No offer to compensate us or even take the silly movie off our bill! We were annoyed and we got into the car and left. It was only after driving for about 1/2 hour that my companion realized they'd cut our room rate in half! It was a very nice surprise, and I instantly felt better. Why hadn't they mentioned that when we checked out? It would have turned our departure into such a better experience. There were no other guests in the lobby at the time, so it couldn't have been an issue of "others wanting the same". We probably won't return to this hotel based solely on the service. I am of the thought that if you care enough about where to stay (as opposed to randomly entering a rate on an opaque website and not choosing your hotel) that the employees should make an effort to care about you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hilton Sonoma Wine Country hotel is the perfect California retreat. Set in the midst of 13 acres of private land, the hotel boasts panoramic views of the Santa Rosa Valley. Enjoy our spacious and modern guest rooms, and take advantage of complimentary local wine tastings on Friday evenings. Our stunning indoor and outdoor event space is perfect for weddings and conferences. Dine at the Nectar Restaurant & Lounge, featuring wine country cuisine, created from the finest local produce. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Hilton Hotels, HotelTravel.com, getaroom.com, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Hilton Sonoma Wine Country reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Sonoma Wine Country Hotel Santa Rosa
- Hilton Hotel Santa Rosa
- Hilton Santa Rosa
- Hilton Sonoma Wine Country Santa Rosa, CA - Sonoma County