I rounded up to 4 stars because the hotel was okay... I did get a good night's sleep. Overall, I was pretty happy with my stay but I was here on cheap Hotwire rates, so how can you really complain? Well, I will... a little.
The walls are thin (the people next door kept banging their headboard all night), the hallway carpets are filthy (who would pick a yellow carpet for stairs???) and I got second hand ganja smoke from a neighboring room.
The room’s furnishings are dated looking (Americana stained maple) but in good shape. The room carpet was new. Beds are less than comfortable… a little springy but not hard. The bathroom has a nice granite countertop and a decent shower.
The (smallish) pool was empty in winter and the pool deck was a great place to soak up the sun we had during our stay. However, I’m sure it’s way too tiny to accommodate a full hotel of guests in summer. Parking is free, but free wifi is only available in the lobby… a bit old-fashioned and inconvenient.
The location is on top of hill with views of the 101 Freeway and a trailer park. I’d opt for a parking lot view from a higher floor… it should be considerably quieter.
The hotel consists of several buildings all named after a different kind of grape. A fun idea. When you arrive, there are signs everywhere asking you to leave your luggage in the car. That’s because you’ll be driving down to the parking lot closest to your varietal building.
I would definitely stay here again if I got a cheap price from a third party site… otherwise, there are better options in town.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hilton Sonoma Wine Country hotel is the perfect California retreat. Set in the midst of 13 acres of private land, the hotel boasts panoramic views of the Santa Rosa Valley. Enjoy our spacious and modern guest rooms, and take advantage of complimentary local wine tastings on Friday evenings. Our stunning indoor and outdoor event space is perfect for weddings and conferences. Dine at the Nectar Restaurant & Lounge, featuring wine country cuisine, created from the finest local produce. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Despegar.com, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Hilton Hotels, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, EasyToBook and Tingo so you can book your Hilton Sonoma Wine Country reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Sonoma Wine Country Hotel Santa Rosa
- Hilton Hotel Santa Rosa
- Hilton Santa Rosa
- Hilton Sonoma Wine Country Santa Rosa, CA - Sonoma County