I travel 100+- nights a year for business and typically don't stay at Best Westerns. But I'm glad I ventured away from my point collecting ways and stayed at the BW in Santa Rosa.
If you stay at hotels long enough you learn to spot and grow tired of hotel staff's forced smiles and bs upbeat tones of voice. When I went into the lobby of Santa Rosa's Best Western, I was greeted by Abiel who had a genuine smile and was truly happy to answer dinning and area specific questions. Knowledgeable, friendly, and pleasant. I was also given a bag with a wine key, chocolate AND microwave popcorn. I'm not typically to excited by popcorn but having traveled for hours that day, it was a great touch; popcorn + HBO is a nice way to unwind.
They are set up motel style with doors directly to an outside walkway but don't let that deter you, their rooms are actually pretty cool. I stayed in 211(I think) and was very happy with the palm tree flanked balcony.
This is not a luxury hotel and they do not have Westin beds but they certainly have great people working there, cool and clean rooms, at a great price.
I will stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the heart of the Sonoma Wine Country! The Holiday Inn Express Hotel Santa Rosa is available to serve the needs of both corporate and family travelers. We are within minutes of 30 major wineries including Kendall Jackson, Korbel & Rodney Strong. Our location is just three miles from Charles M. Schulz (STS) Airport, 20 miles from Calistoga and The Napa Valley, and 55 miles from the city of San Francisco. For you Peanuts fans, the Charles M. Schulz Museum & Ice Rink is only one mile from our front door! Race fans can enjoy a short 20 minute drive to Infineon Raceway. All rooms include our expanded hot American Breakfast featuring our famous cinnamon rolls. We also have two separate conference room facilities that can accommodate up to 115 total attendees. Catering is also available. Please call for details. We offer an outdoor heated pool, zen garden and courtyard. Please call hotel for pet policies.All rooms have free high-speed Internet access, microwaves, mini-refrigerators, coffeemakers, irons and ironing boards, hair dryers, a private patio or balcony and an exterior entrance. We look forward to having you as our guest very soon! Thank you for choosing to Stay Smart! Credit card and valid ID required for all check-ins. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your BEST WESTERN PLUS Wine Country Inn & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Wine Country Hotel Santa Rosa
- Best Western Plus Wine Country Inn And Suites
- Holiday Inn Santa Rosa
- Santa Rosa Holiday Inn
- BEST WESTERN PLUS Wine Country Inn & Suites Santa Rosa, CA - Sonoma County