“Excellent customer service and cool rooms” 5 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS Wine Country Inn & Suites

Save Saved
You added BEST WESTERN PLUS Wine Country Inn & Suites to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN PLUS Wine Country Inn & Suites
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   870 Hopper Ave, Santa Rosa, CA 95403 (Formerly Holiday Inn Express Santa Rosa)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #11 of 26 Hotels in Santa Rosa
San Francisco, California
“Excellent customer service and cool rooms”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

I travel 100+- nights a year for business and typically don't stay at Best Westerns. But I'm glad I ventured away from my point collecting ways and stayed at the BW in Santa Rosa.

If you stay at hotels long enough you learn to spot and grow tired of hotel staff's forced smiles and bs upbeat tones of voice. When I went into the lobby of Santa Rosa's Best Western, I was greeted by Abiel who had a genuine smile and was truly happy to answer dinning and area specific questions. Knowledgeable, friendly, and pleasant. I was also given a bag with a wine key, chocolate AND microwave popcorn. I'm not typically to excited by popcorn but having traveled for hours that day, it was a great touch; popcorn + HBO is a nice way to unwind.

They are set up motel style with doors directly to an outside walkway but don't let that deter you, their rooms are actually pretty cool. I stayed in 211(I think) and was very happy with the palm tree flanked balcony.

This is not a luxury hotel and they do not have Westin beds but they certainly have great people working there, cool and clean rooms, at a great price.

I will stay here again.

Room Tip: Facing the front door, I stayed 2nd floor on the far left corner. I liked that the balcony was made...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
WineCountryHotel, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Wine Country Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
I would REALLY like to thank rwethere y for their very kind review of our hotel. We appreciate everyone's opinion of our hotel, but when a true road warrior has such kind comments about our hotel and services, we know we have hit our mark.
Thank you again so much for taking the time to share your opinion. You have put a smile on all of our faces.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Napa, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel with a friend. It was very comfortable. The breakfast was good and very generous. We attended a concert at the Wells Fargo Center and we were very well situated. The hotel is easy to get to from Hiway 101.The hotel staff was friendly and welcoming. I would defiinitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

I'd like to thank Dorothy S for reviewing our hotel. I'm glad you had an excellent stay. I hope you had a blast at the concert you attended at the Wells Fargo Center. In my opinion they are one of the best places to catch a show, not a bad seat in the house.
I hope we get to see you again next time there is a show there that you want to see.
Thanks again for taking the time to review our hotel, it is very much appreciated.
Montreal
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013 via mobile

We recently spent 5 nights here and it served as a great base for visiting wine country. We were only 30 minutes from Napa and within 15 minutes from a number of wineries in Sonoma. There are some fast food places right across the street and grocery stores a short distance away. We had a nice little patio looking into the courtyard/pool area that was perfect for enjoying a glass of wine at the end of the day.

• Stayed November 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your experience. I hope you enjoyed wine tasting in our area. We have recently upgraded the tables and chairs on all of our patios and balconies and I'm glad you were able to enjoy them.
We hope you are able to get away from it all again in the near future and come back and visit some of the wineries that were missed on your latest trip.
Until then, take care, and thank you again for sharing your experience.
Trinidad, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

I had just gotten out of the hospital and was staying overnight before going all the way home, the staff checked me in quickly and got me to my room quickly. the suite was well designed for a disabled person. There were multiple choices of places to sit, the bed was really comfortable. Bathroom was very clean and well designed to have lots of room to move.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

I would like to thank MadamQuisby for her review of our hotel. I'm glad you found our rooms accommodating for your needs. When we recently renovated the hotel, we completely redesigned our accessible rooms to what I think is a much better design. I hope you are back up to par and feeling better now, and I hope we get to see you again next time you are in the Santa Rosa area (hopefully for something more fun than the Dr.).
Thank you again for sharing your opinion of our hotel and services.
Santa Ana, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

This hotel has it all! Great rates! Great Service! Very nice and spacious rooms! A full breakfast (all you can eat-and not at 5 am - 8 am when you aren't even awake yet -normal hours!) Lots of fluffy pillows! Balcony w/table & chairs to relax with the bottle of wine you purchased from the Local Wineries. Fridge & Microwave & Plasma TV a plus!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

WineCountryHotel, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Wine Country Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Great Review!
Seriously, thank you for taking the time to write this review, and for your kind words. Sounds like you had a great time in Santa Rosa, and I'm so glad that we were a part of that experience.
We can't wait to see you next time you are in the area.
Again, Thank you so much for your review and kind words.
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

After 6 years of staying at the place across the street we tried here. The staff was wonderful, the room was great, especially the Jacuzzi tub. Lots of towels and a nice free breakfast. The staff made me feel at home and handled all my special requests requests since we were vacationing with the dog.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your opinion of our hotel and services with the rest of the online world. I'm so glad that you decided to give us a try, and hope that we will be your preferred hotel when you are in the Santa Rosa area.
Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Bend, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

We were not able to get an early reservation at our timeshare nearby on short notice, so I went online for a one-nighter hotel. We like Best Western because most are consistent in what they offer. We stayed in Santa Rosa where there are a lot of accommodations to choose from at a better price (maybe that's why they were all sold out). Breakfast was cookie cutter and processed.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Wine Country Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!