“Bait and Switch” 1 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS Wine Country Inn & Suites

Bookmark
You added BEST WESTERN PLUS Wine Country Inn & Suites to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN PLUS Wine Country Inn & Suites
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   870 Hopper Ave, Santa Rosa, CA 95403 (Formerly Holiday Inn Express Santa Rosa)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #11 of 26 Hotels in Santa Rosa
Twain Harte, Ca
“Bait and Switch”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

I reserved a suite with a credit card, then later decided to use Best Western Points. Using points got us switched from a suite to a very small room with a smoker below. His smoke came right into our little room through the air conditioner.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

WineCountryHotel, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Wine Country Inn & Suites, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
I would like to apologize to Daniel M if the online booking process and room type descriptions were confusing. It is not possible to book a suite using points. This is something that the hotel can not control as the website is set up and controlled by Best Western headquarters. I can assure you without any hesitation that nobody switched your room. I would invite you to examine your confirmation email to verify this.
Unfortunately people do smoke outside. I apologize that this happened near your room. As much as I wish we could control other peoples smoking habits, we have not been able to accomplish this yet.
Although I feel this review is unfair, I do appreciate Daniel M taking the time to share his thoughts.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Abbotsford, B C, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

Room ok, staff good, breakfast standard and ok. Room smelled like stale smoke and we could smell it on our clothes the next day. Wifi intermittent so not good service. Bed good and sleep good. Room clean. Vanity small. Mostly good except for cigarette smell even though we requested non-smoking and the door to room had non-smoking on it. Room looked like it had been redecorated but smelled smokey. Location to Healdsburg ok so we could ride our bikes in wine country. Healdsburg booked-up so Santa Rosa next choice.

Room Tip: What do you do if room smells smokey and you've requested non-smoking room even though room says...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
WineCountryHotel, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Wine Country Inn & Suites, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
I would like to thank Marilyn M for taking the time to comment on our hotel. I would like to apologize for the smoke smell in your room. I know which room you are referring to as it is now undergoing a very deep cleaning. You are absolutely correct, although it is a non smoking room, it smelled like smoke. Despite our best efforts, once in a while people smoke in non-smoking rooms. I believe that the person who stayed in that room the night before you smoked in the room. We shouldn't have caught this and not rented you that room, and I sincerely apologize for our error.
I'm glad that you were satisfied with the rest of your stay, and I hope that we see you next time you are in our area.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

This was our first time travelling with our new puppy. Even though we were in a "Pet" room, it did not feel like it. There was no bad odors and the room was comfortable. There was also an enclosed balcony which was nice as we brought a potty patch for our puppy and it worked nicely out there.
The employees were also very friendly and helpful. I had to call the hotel on the way home {we were too far to turn around} because I forgot my bed pillow. It arrived at my door within a week.
While this is not a 5 * hotel it was clean and comfortable for a great price.
I would definitely stay here again and highly recommend this hotel if you travel with pets!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Monterey, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

My husband and I found our new 'home away from home' in Santa Rosa, CA! The Best Western Wine County Inn & Suites is an outstanding place to stay, and I would highly recommend it to anyone seeking comfortable accommodations in this area! My husband and I stayed at this hotel over this past week and couldn’t have been happier with our choice. We stayed in one of the suites -- the place had everything we could ask for! It included a hot tub, refrigerator, large bathroom, a separate living room area, lots of storage space, and a super comfy bed. It was very clean, quiet, and peaceful, and the staff went above and beyond to ensure that we were satisfied. Thank You Best Western of Santa Rosa!! We appreciated our stay there so much that we plan to stay there every time we visit Santa Rosa in the future!

Room Tip: Ask for a Suite -- These suites are huge, very comfortable, super relaxing, and has everything you c...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Alberta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

Very quiet hotel even though its close to freeway. Property has been renovated nicely and very clean. Very delicious complementary hot breakfast with lots of choices. Would definitely recommend this hotel! Several restaurants close to hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Redding, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

It was about 9PM, on March 12th, when we pulled into this hotel. My wife and I had stayed the night before at a beautiful Best Western in Sonoma for our 25th wedding anniversary. We were planning on staying in Santa Rosa the next night, after dinner at Johnny Garlic's. I walked in and talked with the desk clerk, who was talking with 2 guys, who obviously were not guests. I asked if we could see a room. She gave me a key. As we were walking to the room, we did not feel safe for some reason, their was just a "weird" feeling.. We went into the room and it had a well worn look about it. The carpet looked to be dirty and there was a bad smell in the room. We talked it over and decided this place would not work at all for us. We usually stay at Best Westerns when we travel and, for the most part, are very happy with them. This hotel was very sub-standard. We ended up driving back to Sonoma, about 1/2 an hour, and stayed in the same hotel as the previous night. It was well worth the drive to go back to Sonoma.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

WineCountryHotel, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Wine Country Inn & Suites, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
I would like to note that I am not sure that this reviewer has given the correct hotel proper credit for his brief visit, with that being said, I would like to apologize for the "weird feeling" he experienced. We underwent a complete renovation of all public spaces and guest rooms approximately eighteen months ago. All of our rooms are modern, up to date and definitely do not have a "well worn" look to them as you can see in our photos.
I would like to congratulate Joe C on his 25th wedding anniversary, and I sincerely hope he decides to stay at OUR hotel on his 26th anniversary.
Castro Valley, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

We just got home from a VERY relaxing weekend at the Heritage Hotel Group, Best Western Win Country Inn & Suites. Everything was perfect. Easy to find, super quiet rooms, good breakfast and accommodating staff.

We asked for a late checkout and they added 2 hours to our stay! We asked for blankets and sheets and they brought them over, right away. We also had a lovely gift basket in the suite that included a bottle of wine!

I stayed with my wife and 13 and 5 year old and we really unwound and relaxed over the weekend. We even did two short side trips the the Kohls, and Premium Outlets while we were there.

We would definitely recommend this hotel, and the suite is REALLY worth it. Ann, Todd and his staff really made our stay memorable.

Room Tip: Like some of the other reviewers, I agree that the pillows are a bit hard, full or something. Bring...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Wine Country Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!