“You get what you expect” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS Wine Country Inn & Suites

You added BEST WESTERN PLUS Wine Country Inn & Suites to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN PLUS Wine Country Inn & Suites
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   870 Hopper Ave, Santa Rosa, CA 95403 (Formerly Holiday Inn Express Santa Rosa)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
1,000 bonus reward points
Ranked #12 of 26 Hotels in Santa Rosa
Canada
“You get what you expect”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

Easy access from southbound 101, roundabout but manageable from northbound.
Adjacent to Starbucks, convenience store, shopping, gas.
Beside highway but not noisy.
Clean and fine.
No, it's not IN wine country, nots beside the vineyards, but it's close.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Baltimore, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

The name conjures up something exotic...."wine country" and the picture of the front lobby of the hotel is as good as you'll get. Exterior doors to your room in a somewhat seedy section of Santa Rosa. Had the front desk clerk not given me a room next to my female business associate, she was prepared to go somewhere else...too creepy. Rooms appear renovated on the inside, but that's the best I can say. Free breakfast, but quality not that good. We would stay somewhere else if in Santa Rosa again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
WineCountryHotel, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Wine Country Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
I would like the reviewer for sharing their opinion of our hotel. While I am glad the name BEST WESTERN Plus Wine Country Inn & Suites conjures something exotic for them, I am sorry we fell short of your expectations. Indeed our rooms are renovated on the inside, as well as the outside, lobby and all public areas. Our location in Northern Santa Rosa is generally one of the more desired areas to stay within the city.
We sincerely hope you decide to stay with us again next time you are in the Santa Rosa area.
Todd Anderson.
CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012 via mobile

We recently had water damage in our house and had to stay here for a week while the damage was repaired. I was beyond happy with all aspects of our stay. The staff was very sympathetic to our situation and went out of their way to make sure we enjoyed our stay. One day I sat in the lobby while the maids cleaned our room and the front desk brought my son a coloring book and crayons while we waited.
Our room was clean and we had plenty of space for the three of us. The beds were comfortable and my son loved the lounge chair. The breakfast was better than any hotel breakfast I had ever had and it was FREE. My son thought the pancake machine was the coolest thing ever.
We will be using this hotel for our family that is coming in for the holidays and I will recommend it to everyone. Thank you for easing the pain of a bad situation.

• Stayed October 2012
WineCountryHotel, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Wine Country Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
On behalf of the entire staff, thank you for sharing your opinion of our hotel. We are so glad your stay was a success. Be sure to swing by and say "hi" when your family is here.
Thanks again,
Todd Anderson.
Panama City, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

We spent 3 nights here. One of the quietest rooms ever, even with people on both sides we heard no noise from them or the busy street nearby (we were on the west side of the west wing). All the rooms have patios or balconies. Wi-fi was really spotty and we had to use a wired connection much of the time. The room was cozy and the bed really comfy. Kudos for a recycle bin in the room. Covered walkway from our wing to the lobby/breakfast area (had some rain). Towels were replaced the first day but not the second (not a big deal, but consistency is a good thing), nor did we get any new drinking glasses during our stay. Adjacent to Starbucks and across the street from McDonalds. Breakfast was a rotating hot menu (omelets or scrambled eggs and bacon or sausage), plus the usual yogurt, breads, etc. Our first time here, but probably our new place to stay when in Santa Rosa.

Room Tip: I'd stay away from the pool and, just because it could get noisy as on any other property, and a...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
WineCountryHotel, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Wine Country Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Thank you so much for your kind words, we're glad you found your room to be one of the quietest ever. I did want to touch base on the towels. One of our efforts as a carbon neutral hotel is to only replace towels if they are on the floor. If they are hung on the towel racks the housekeepers will leave them, if they are on the floor, they will be replaced.
I apologize that you didn't get any new drinking glasses, that was an over site on our part, and I apologize.
We are thrilled to be your "new place to stay in Santa Rosa" and can't wait to see you again.
Todd Anderson
General Manager.
Honolulu, Hawaii
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

This hotel seemed to be fairly highly rated so I stuck with my reservation even though there were similar places in the vicinity for $20/night less. I should have gone for the better price, because this place is totally average. The rooms are well worn, the bathrooms quite small and it is located in a run down part of town. The breakfast is just OK, but the breakfast room is small and was quite crowded on several days (meaning you had to wait for a table). The best thing I can say about it is that it has very good freeway access. I would never recommend it to a friend.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
WineCountryHotel, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Wine Country Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
I would like to thank blackfin66 for sharing their opinion and for rounding up instead of down in their rating. However, I respectfully disagree with the reviewer in regards to the value and their impression of the rooms. We completed our room renovations in 2011 replacing carpeting, tile, wall coverings, all furniture, etc. We are about half way through replacing all of our televisions and will be completely finished by the end of the year. There is often sticker shock when coming to Sonoma County. Compared to other parts of the country we can be a little pricier than other areas. Being from Hawaii I am sure you understand. We have added additional seating to the patio area off of the breakfast room. I will make sure our attendant points out the additional seating area in the future.
I hope you reconsider your intent to recommend us, and come see us again next time you are in the Santa Rosa area.
Prunedale, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

After seeing Trombone Shorty at the Wells Fargo Center we drove 5 minutes back to the hotel. The staff was nice & helpful & the room was great upstairs with a balcony. We pushed the desk chair out onto the balcony and it was wonderfully private with the trees. Loved that. The room was very clean and better than most Best Westerns we've stayed inn. The breakfast had something for everyone and I regret not trying the pancake machine. We stood around it like apes in the movie Space Odyssey. Starbucks is next door and Applebees is a walk across the street, which we did for a late drink & appetizer. I loved the lil sensor lights that went on when I got outta bed to tinkle. I didn't need to turn on a light & wake my ole man up. Check out by 11am is a little early but we managed.We would definitely stay there again.Advice - Never stay at Americas Best Value Inn, we had a reservation and conformation number but when we arrived they said we didn't have a reservation - That was at 11pm on August 4th in Novato Ca. We slept in our car from midnight till 3am and then drove home 160 miles. The corporate office nor the hotel are accountable and don't care ! "F" Americas Best Value Inn !! Stay at Best Western, you can count on them.

Room Tip: Our upstair room in the back was quiet.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
WineCountryHotel, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Wine Country Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Good Review.
Seriously, we appreciate you taking time to share your opinion of our hotel and services.
We look forward to seeing you next time you are in the area.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

We stayed here three nights. First the positive. It's reasonably priced and close to the freeway. There's a Starbucks right next door and the staff is friendly. Now the rest of the story. I did not feel safe in this area at night. The room had a funny chemical/cleanser smell and was dusty. The bed was uncomfortable. The breakfast was generic at best. I'm surprised the other reviewers gave this place such high scores...I wished I had paid a little more and stayed somewhere else. If you need an inexpensive place for a quick overnight stay, this place might be ok.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
WineCountryHotel, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Wine Country Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
I'd like to thank Ready2go for taking time to share their opinion of our hotel. I'm not sure why this particular guest didn't "feel safe" but I can assure everyone that our guests' safety is our number one concern, and we haven't had any problems to speak of. I'm unsure what else this guest would have liked to see at breakfast. We have yogurt, hot and cold cereals, fruit, scrambled eggs or omelets, bacon or sausage, biscuits and gravy, hot pancakes, breads and pastries, three juices and even chocolate milk. We are very proud of our breakfast and think it is very nice for a complimentary breakfast at a mid scale hotel. We are experimenting with new air fresheners and thanks to this review I think we will cross the newest one off of the list.
We truly hope that Ready2go and everyone else will decide to Hop on in when they are in the Santa Rosa area.

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Wine Country Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!