When we arrived, we were a bit dissapointed with the location as the area is a tad "industrial". It was not so bad though, you can walk to some fast food joints and an Applebees restaurant. It is also easy to access the freeway and round barn boulevard. Definitely a budget location.
The hotel was nicely renovated and our room was very modern. We were upgraded to a suite as we were on our honeymoon. We really loved it and it might have even been worth to pay the extra bucks ourselves. The jaccuzzi was great! Thank you for the upgrade.
The TVs were new and big, just a very odd thing was to notice that the TVs in the bedroom and living are did not have the same channells. Neither had premium cable but the TV in the living area only had 13 channells(not very good ones) which was definitely a negative.
Something that really bothered us was that there were no chairs or tables on the balconies(two balconies of our own in the 2nd. floor suite!). Just the empty balconies????? Well, I asked everyone in the staff where we can get some chairs on the balcony and we got many different answers why we can't get any chairs but anyways, we did not get them at any point. Downstairs patios had chairs, according to one explanation it is too dangerous to have chairs on the 2nd floor.
Also the picture of a small outdoors dining area is misleading. All the chairs they had were broken and moved to gather dust in the corner. There were only empty tables in the "outdoors breakfast area".
Also in the pool area, too fef sun loungers and chairs. Half of the are is empty and still the pool is very small with no outdoors hot tub. Are still seemed nice though if I don't take into account the noisy middleage croud enjoying a lot of wine at the pool area Saturday night when we arrived. This was not a problem on other nights.
Breakfast itself was good, however, some acoustic plates to damped the echos would be needed in the breakfast room. It felt very noisy due to the sound echoing all over the room. We enjoyed the breakfast, don't understand the negative comments. For the price, it was as at least average. However, one day the hash browns were still half frozen but it was a one time problem for us.
All in all, good hotel for the price! Just get the new chairs for the breakfast area and the balconies(+tables). That would probably cost in total 3000-5000$ which should be a miniscule amount for a large hotel. I can't understand the lack of them! Adding some TV channells would be a big + too.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Wine Country Hotel Santa Rosa
- Best Western Plus Wine Country Inn And Suites
- Best Western Plus Wine Country Hotel
- Holiday Inn Santa Rosa
- Santa Rosa Holiday Inn
- BEST WESTERN PLUS Wine Country Inn & Suites Santa Rosa, CA - Sonoma County
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the heart of the Sonoma Wine Country! The Holiday Inn Express Hotel Santa Rosa is available to serve the needs of both corporate and family travelers. We are within minutes of 30 major wineries including Kendall Jackson, Korbel & Rodney Strong. Our location is just three miles from Charles M. Schulz (STS) Airport, 20 miles from Calistoga and The Napa Valley, and 55 miles from the city of San Francisco. For you Peanuts fans, the Charles M. Schulz Museum & Ice Rink is only one mile from our front door! Race fans can enjoy a short 20 minute drive to Infineon Raceway. All rooms include our expanded hot American Breakfast featuring our famous cinnamon rolls. We also have two separate conference room facilities that can accommodate up to 115 total attendees. Catering is also available. Please call for details. We offer an outdoor heated pool, zen garden and courtyard. Please call hotel for pet policies.All rooms have free high-speed Internet access, microwaves, mini-refrigerators, coffeemakers, irons and ironing boards, hair dryers, a private patio or balcony and an exterior entrance. We look forward to having you as our guest very soon! Thank you for choosing to Stay Smart! Credit card and valid ID required for all check-ins. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Tingo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Best Western, Venere, Fareportal and Otel so you can book your BEST WESTERN PLUS Wine Country Inn & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.