“Great place to stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 26 hotels in Santa Rosa
Harrison Hot Springs, Canada
“Great place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2010

Arrived to Santa Rosa for the Levi Gran Fondo and stay about 4 nights at this wonderful hotel. It has a great location, close to unique shops and good restuarants. The staff were very helfpul and made the stay a great experience. I stayed in the main building and the rooms were comfortable and very clean. The window was facing near a local pub, so light early sleepers may want to inquire about a quieter room. The noise did not carry on too late. When I return to Santa Rosa, I will be definitely staying at this hotel.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo

259 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Anderson, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2010

My husband and I were heading to Santa Rosa to see a concert. I wanted something different then the usual chain hotels. This hotel delivered a sweet elegance with great customer service.

They have the main hotel and then across the street they have the carriage house. We stayed in the carriage house. Each room had it's own patio and the courtyard was just beautiful. The bedding was luxurious.

There are tons of restaurants within a 2-3 block radius. There is also a wonderful coffee house across the street. There location is easy on/ easy off Highway access.

I enjoyed this stay so much that I have already started planning a Girl's Weekend.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2010

Based upon the Trip Advisor rating as the #2 hotel in Santa Rosa, I called and made a reservation. My check in was uneventful, just as I like it. My room (#65) was in the Carriage House, which is around the corner. Upon entering my room, I noticed that horrible thrift store smell of unclean linens. Yuck. I opened the window to air the place out and managed to over come the feeling that my bedding was not too clean. It had been a long, long travel day and I was in the for night, or I might have dragged my luggage down the stairs, walked around the corner and requested a different room. There is a metal security door to the entrance of the Carriage House and the clanging of it until all roomers were in for the night was a little annoying, but not a deal breaker. Once everyone was settled in for the night, the room was quiet and the bed comfortable enough. However, there was no lock on the bedroom window. I did not notice this until I was ready to lock up for the night and this did not make this traveling female too comfortable. I moved a chair in front of the window and hoped I'd at least have a warning if someone were to scale the wall, climb the balcony and open the window. In the morning, I informed the front desk staff and was assured that the window lock would be replaced. (Who removes a window lock in a hotel?) The continental breakfast included with my room provided simple and fresh faire.

Very good restaurants and coffee houses are within walking distance.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Sausalito, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2010

We've stayed here before on a relaxing trip to the wine country , we loved it then and this last weekend we stayed again for a wedding...and true to form, everything was perfect!
The staff was excellent with suggestions for food and excursions. The rooms are lovely and a treat at the end of a long day!
We will be back again!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2010

I chose the Hotel La Rose as it was walking distance to Russian River Brewery. It was well-located and the rooms were quaint and comfortable. The shower is a little small but it does the trick. The room rates were very reasonable and the breakfast was good. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
La Habra, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2010

Huge room with no place to put anything. No dresser, tiny closet. Bathroom had a small chair to put toiletries on. Sink had a shelf over that was slanted so that everything slid off into the sink.
We thought that it was a B&B but were told upon arrival that the restaurant was closed. They forgot to mention that the breakfast room was still open.
Having said that, the bed was comfortable and the sitting area vas very nice.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Emeryville, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2010

My colleague and I stayed at this cute historic hotel for 3 nights while in town on business. My colleague brought her therapy scotty dog along for the trip.

Here is what made it an amazing experience:

- Pet Friendly, Ruby the scotty dog loved her room, they really did a good job picking one out in the Carriage House that was quiet/ had a big bathroom.

The Carriage House by the way is really nice, not like a motel at all! Mind you it isn't as old as the main building, but they have a really lovely rose garden/koi pond. Ruby got to stretch her little legs a few times around the courtyard and it's a very relaxing environment.

-We originally planned to stay for 7 nights, we were able to shorten our stay for no penalty and no fuss.
-The continental breakfast was yummy! Home made baked scones, fresh fruit, LOX... this an't your average high fructose corn syrup continental. There is something for everyone.
-The staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful, they have great recommendations for dinner/lunch. Pamela and Laura really went the extra mile to make sure we had everything we needed.
-Massive Bed: My bed was so comfortable I don't even remember turning over once in the middle of the night. Lots of pillows and cozy layers helped me drift off into golden slumbers every night.
-Prompt 6:30am wake up call. This says a lot about the place, I've stayed in 5 star hotels that have been late with wake up calls.
-Location - close to lots of cute thrift stores, shops, restaurants and across the street from the old train station. Within 45 steps of a really good coffee shop/ ice cream parlor.
- Parking included in hotel rate. The parking lot is behind the coffee shop, caddy corner to the main hotel building, there was ample parking.
-Free mints from the front desk.

The only downside of my stay:
-the wifi (included in rate) sometimes didn't work for me, but it might have been just my computer, which is 5 years old.

Would I go back? Yes!!!!!

For work or for play Hotel la Rose is a great getaway!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business

Been to Hotel La Rose? Share your experiences!