“Great hotel; friendly staff; great location” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel La Rose
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   308 Wilson St., Santa Rosa, CA 95401   |
Ranked #5 of 26 Hotels in Santa Rosa
Sacramento, California
“Great hotel; friendly staff; great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

Located right in the Railroad of Santa Rosa with limitless eateries within walking distance. Even close enough to walk over to Russian River (our goal). Staff was all very helpful. Offering to help us with reservations, advice, or other attractions to enjoy. Used this as a kickstart to a NorCal coastal vacation, and we were not disappointed. Room was extremely quiet, no road noise; really enjoyed our night here.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dade V, General Manager at Hotel La Rose, responded to this review, July 7, 2013
Thank you for your stay and response concerning Hotel La Rose. We all work hard to make sure every guest feels special and wants to return to our property.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

I read the review by the guest whose reservation was canceled after booking well in advance due to a wedding. I don't think that is a very good policy. I was a bit worried and feeling a bit guilty. We were guests at that wedding that bumped him. We also booked in early fall 2012. However, when we arrived around noon, they honored our reservation but we were informed that check-in time was 3pm. We had to be at the wedding at 2:30. We found the management understanding and our room was changed to one that had already been made up. The room was lovely and had modern conveniences but still in keeping with the historic nature of the hotel. We found the room comfortable, the showers hot with good water pressure, and a large screen TV. It did not have a closet but did have a little space with hangers in the armoire that held the TV.
Although across from a paid parking lot, the hotel had free parking in a lot close by. The hotel is conveniently located near downtown restaurants and shops.
There are many expensive hotels in the area. The price was reasonable at La Rose and we would definitely stay there again and recommend it to our friends.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Dade V, General Manager at Hotel La Rose, responded to this review, June 16, 2013
Thank you for your review. Please note that Hotel La Rose makes ever effort to not over book but at times it happens and we work very hard to make sure our displaced guest has a great room at a wonderful property which was done. As our guest we do and will continue to work for you to give you the stay you require and deserve.
Boulder, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

As a frequent Santa Rosa visitor, I've stayed at (and reviewed) several Santa Rosa hotels in the past, but Hotel La Rose somehow slipped through the cracks. Glad I finally found it because this place defines charming. Historic inns trump chain hotels any day, and this one combines a fun looking building in the middle of the hip Railroad Square with large rooms, modern bathrooms, and a caring staff.

My room was on the top floor, wedged under the slanted roof beams, but no complaint about low ceilings. It just qualified as interesting and eclectic. I was worried when I checked in because I overheard a conversation about how these rooms overheated, but that was a false alarm. My only issue was the excessive number of pillows on the bed. It literally took a couple minutes to figure out what to do with them all before hopping into bed because I only need a couple and didn't want to just throw the other 8 or 10 on the floor.

Next time I return to Santa Rosa, the only reason I would stay anywhere other than the La Rose is if I anticipate time to actually use the lap pool at the Flamingo.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review of Hotel La Rose. As you know the entire staffs works endlessly to make sure every guest has a quality stay.
Calgary
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

We read the recent review on LA Rose in the LA Times and decided to book a night. I am currently sitting in our suite and absolutely love this place and location. Dade and Jamaica the two inn keeps have been awsome. Our room is very clean and well appointed. They had a complete wine country package with free tasting coupons and maps ready when we arrived this morning. Can't say enough I would come back again in a heart beat.

Room Tip: It is a historical Building and when the wind blows the windows do rattle a bit but not a big deal l...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dade V, General Manager at Hotel La Rose, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Thank you for your review and we look forward to your next stay with us. Each review is directly impacted by the guest experience please know that we work very hard everyday to give each and every guest the same 5 star experience. Once again thank you and hope to see you and your family back with us soon.
Santa Rosa, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

We had the best experience of our lives at Hotel La Rose. We were forced to speed up our daughter's wedding because her younger sister was dying of cancer. We called Hotel La Rose 3 days before the wedding and they not only accommodated us, but were exemplary in their service. The day of the wedding my caterer dropped the ball and left me without any food for the reception. Hotel La Rose jumped in at the last minute and catered the entire event. They had every opportunity to gouge me and they did not! This is my restaurant and hotel of choice for every event fro now on!

Room Tip: The rooms are adorable!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your kind words the entire staff from management and front desk to housekeeping works hard daily to give our family (guest) the service and stay that we would appreciate and require. During your next stay in Santa Rosa don't forget about Hotel La Rose. Once again thank you.
Pomona, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

Had the opportunity to stay at this hotel for the weekend with my Partner. This hotel is a historic property and is in a great location when you are visiting the city of Santa Rosa CA in NorCal wine country. The staff was friendly but room conditions where not up to my standard for a Boutique hotel as this one is. Carpets had been recently dyed and left remants of color on socks and clothing, the shower head worked poorly not giving out a solid stream of carpet and the TV remote did not work properly.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dade V, General Manager at Hotel La Rose, responded to this review, May 19, 2013
We were in the process of rejuvenating the carpets the week of your stay to help improve our rooms and uphold the quality of Hotel La Rose. We are sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you please feel free to contact me of my staff at anytime. We look forward to your next stay and please feel free to inform our staff before checking out of any difficulties you encounter.
Valley Springs, CA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

I reserved a room in this hotel 6 months prior to my daughter's college graduation; I knew all the hotels would book up in the area that weekend and wanted to make sure we had a room. I guaranteed the reservation with a credit card and received a confirmation number. TWO WEEKS before the graduation, I received an email from the hotel saying that they were overbooked and they were canceling my reservation. WHAT?? The room is GUARANTEED! I called the hotel immediately and was transferred to the manager, Mr. Dade Vincent (who has been mentioned in previous reviews here, and not in a good way). He told me that the entire hotel was booked for a wedding and they didn't have a room for us. He didn't have an answer when I asked why they didn't contact me sooner, because obviously the wedding had been planned for some time. When I noted that we had a confirmation/guarantee, he told me the wedding party took precedence because the bride had paid in cash! Since when does cash trump a credit card?? I won't detail the conversation further except to say that it deteriorated from there; he continued to tell me about THE BRIDE and her needs until I shouted at him that I didn't care about THE BRIDE, I needed a hotel room for my daughter's college graduation! In a panic, I called every hotel in the area looking for a room, and Mr. Vincent claimed he was also calling around to find a room in another hotel. In the end, I received another email (not a phone call) the following day telling me they had a room at LaRose after all, so NEVER MIND (he put me through all this for nothing!). By that time I had found and booked a hotel room in Sebastopol, so I called Mr. Vincent and asked him to pay for it, but he refused. We did not stay at the Hotel LaRose; I would sleep on a bench in the bum-infested park across the street before I would stay there. They need new, more professional management with better customer relations skills. I also want to mention that we stayed at this hotel several weeks prior to this and were treated rudely by the woman at the front desk as well. AND, when I told Mr. Vincent that I would certainly write this review on TripAdvisor, he said he would have everyone in the wedding party write a rebuttal if I did! This experience was unfortunate, but made all the more unpleasant by Mr. Vincent, who was argumentative, petty and very unprofessional. There are much better hotel choices in the immediate area; my advice is to look elsewhere.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
At times hotels do overbook no matter how hard we try not to. We did contact you as soon as the overbooking was caught to advise you. A room was found for a one night walk (which we would of paid for and advised you). Entire Hotel La Rose was booked by a wedding party months before your reservation was made and this was also explained to you. Once things were worked out we did call and e-mail you concerning a cancellation for your family to stay which you were notified and accepted until the next day we were advised of you cancelling your stay with us. We have and will continue to work hard not to overbook the hotel but at times this will happen but know that Hotel La Rose will find any overbooked guest a room for their stay. I do apologize and am sorry for any stress that was caused.

Been to Hotel La Rose? Share your experiences!