“working out of town” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - Wine Country

Save Saved
You added Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - Wine Country to your Saves list
Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - Wine Country
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   866 Hopper Avenue, Santa Rosa, CA 95403 (Formerly Ramada)   |
Hotel virtual tour
Special Offer
Get 15% Off Your Stay
Ranked #13 of 26 Hotels in Santa Rosa
Sacramento, California
“working out of town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

i was dissapointed when i was told 109 was not avalebel this trip than when i arrived they had moved me to room 109 i was so happy a very good stay i really like the way the room is so clean when i come in from workin g all day

Room Tip: i hate to give it away but i like room 109 ive stade in most down stairs rooms and its the best
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Carson City, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014

We needed a place to stay for one night and this place worked out great. We just popped in mid week while on our way to the coast, I can't give a 5 because the room is a little small and dated but its near everything. You can't beat the price, they even added a AAA discount.The front desk clerk was very friendly and gave directions to all the local places we needed to go, along with discounts to local wine tasting shops. Stay here if you want to save $30-50 over the rest in this area.

Room Tip: our room was right next to the check in office and we did'nt here a thing.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Vancouver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

Very convenient for getting on and off freeway and also close to shopping - Trader Joe's, Coddington Mall (with Macy's and Whole Foods). Set back from the street so is very quiet. Starbucks next door as well as a really good pizza place.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

Compared to similarly priced hotels this place is terrible. Of course prices in California are terrible to begin with and I'm coming from Anchorage Alaska! I will never come back to this hotel and doubt I ever visit California again either. I checked in and asked if there was a pool, yes there is, and how late it was open, til 10. Went back to the front desk to ask where it was, it was closed. There was no light bulb she said, so no way to use pool. I guess I'm lucky the lights in the room work because the air conditioner doesn't and it's hot! So much for cooling off after a long day of riding my motorcycle around California. Taxes are 14%! It's sad to see such a beautiful state run straight into the ground by a over zealous government. I will be riding straight out of California tomorrow and spending not a dime more than the gas I need. Guess I'll be filling the tub, no apology or any sign she even cared that I payed for a room after being told there was a pool. A dump with no ammenities, the continental breakfast is cereal or cereal apparently. 3 kinds to choose from, and there's still some spilled on the counter probably from this morning. Pathetic.

• Stayed September 2013
Santa Barbara, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

Comfortable enough for a reasonably priced motel. Fridge and microwave in room are an addded bonus. Bed was comfortable, noise level not loud. Some smokers congregate at the table downstairs, but the office people promised to call them if they were noisy after 10 PM. Good coffee machine in the office, breakfast very minimal. The location is off the road and that 's a plus. Nice Hospice Thrift Store(one of the best) close by as well as a Goodwill.

Room Tip: We stayed upstairs, that' s better because you don't get the parking noise and the office tr...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Califorina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

We booked two rooms. I first talked to Sonny. I requested two rooms on the lower level. He said he would have to call me back but never did. I called the next day at 8:15 am. A sleepy female answered the phone. I could tell I woke her up. She told me people were checking out and asked me to call back later. When we checked in, the only front desk gal was really slow. Our room did not have a computer table, ironing board, or iron like our other room did. When I requested the items, I was told they would bring them, but they never arrived. The hotel is two story with no elevator. I felt uncomfortable. There was no safe in the room. Breakfast was posted to start at 6:30 am. It started at 7:30 am. I guess sleeping in is more important than their job? The breakfast items promised over the phone were not what we received. They ran out of milk and orange juice. No one was available to ask for more. The pool was closed, waiting for parts. The room cost $95.00 for Thursday and $159.00 for Friday. It was way over priced. There is another Americas Best Value Inn & Suites in Santa Rosa. It is a lot cheaper than this one on Hopper Avenue. The owners need to hire better help. On the good side, we did sleep well and didn't get robbed! If you stay here, do not expect much. Then you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Jacksonville, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

We stayed here for two nights in early July and were highly skeptical when we finally found the place. It is well hidden. The girl who worked the desk could have been somewhat more friendly. That aside, the room was old but functional if you don't plan spending a lot of time there. The free breakfast is served in the lobby with the idea of taking it back to your room on a tray. Beware, the tray is in your room so take it with you! The good news is that after a few wine tastings, the place looked better. The price was right and we were next to a Starbucks and a Trader Joes. I'm not sure I would stay here again but it was where we wanted to be.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - Wine Country? Share your experiences!