“You can definately find better.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - Wine Country

Save Saved
You added Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - Wine Country to your Saves list
Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - Wine Country
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   866 Hopper Avenue, Santa Rosa, CA 95403 (Formerly Ramada)   |
Hotel virtual tour
Ranked #14 of 26 hotels in Santa Rosa
“You can definately find better.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

Compared to similarly priced hotels this place is terrible. Of course prices in California are terrible to begin with and I'm coming from Anchorage Alaska! I will never come back to this hotel and doubt I ever visit California again either. I checked in and asked if there was a pool, yes there is, and how late it was open, til 10. Went back to the front desk to ask where it was, it was closed. There was no light bulb she said, so no way to use pool. I guess I'm lucky the lights in the room work because the air conditioner doesn't and it's hot! So much for cooling off after a long day of riding my motorcycle around California. Taxes are 14%! It's sad to see such a beautiful state run straight into the ground by a over zealous government. I will be riding straight out of California tomorrow and spending not a dime more than the gas I need. Guess I'll be filling the tub, no apology or any sign she even cared that I payed for a room after being told there was a pool. A dump with no ammenities, the continental breakfast is cereal or cereal apparently. 3 kinds to choose from, and there's still some spilled on the counter probably from this morning. Pathetic.

• Stayed September 2013

62 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Santa Barbara, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

Comfortable enough for a reasonably priced motel. Fridge and microwave in room are an addded bonus. Bed was comfortable, noise level not loud. Some smokers congregate at the table downstairs, but the office people promised to call them if they were noisy after 10 PM. Good coffee machine in the office, breakfast very minimal. The location is off the road and that 's a plus. Nice Hospice Thrift Store(one of the best) close by as well as a Goodwill.

Room Tip: We stayed upstairs, that' s better because you don't get the parking noise and the office tr...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Califorina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

We booked two rooms. I first talked to Sonny. I requested two rooms on the lower level. He said he would have to call me back but never did. I called the next day at 8:15 am. A sleepy female answered the phone. I could tell I woke her up. She told me people were checking out and asked me to call back later. When we checked in, the only front desk gal was really slow. Our room did not have a computer table, ironing board, or iron like our other room did. When I requested the items, I was told they would bring them, but they never arrived. The hotel is two story with no elevator. I felt uncomfortable. There was no safe in the room. Breakfast was posted to start at 6:30 am. It started at 7:30 am. I guess sleeping in is more important than their job? The breakfast items promised over the phone were not what we received. They ran out of milk and orange juice. No one was available to ask for more. The pool was closed, waiting for parts. The room cost $95.00 for Thursday and $159.00 for Friday. It was way over priced. There is another Americas Best Value Inn & Suites in Santa Rosa. It is a lot cheaper than this one on Hopper Avenue. The owners need to hire better help. On the good side, we did sleep well and didn't get robbed! If you stay here, do not expect much. Then you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Jacksonville, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

We stayed here for two nights in early July and were highly skeptical when we finally found the place. It is well hidden. The girl who worked the desk could have been somewhat more friendly. That aside, the room was old but functional if you don't plan spending a lot of time there. The free breakfast is served in the lobby with the idea of taking it back to your room on a tray. Beware, the tray is in your room so take it with you! The good news is that after a few wine tastings, the place looked better. The price was right and we were next to a Starbucks and a Trader Joes. I'm not sure I would stay here again but it was where we wanted to be.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Quebec
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

This was our first experience ever with that chain. Name sounds promising. Well, as we quickly learned, it does not mean much.
The only positive thing about the place is that it's in Santa Rosa, not too far from Napa and Somoma.
It's far from downtown, so not much around. Swimming pool was closed, because of the law about not having an handicap ramp. I call BS on this, this is summer!!!
The room was stinky, like if some cat (or dog) had urinated in all corners.
From the outside, it looks ok, that's it.
As anything around, you pay much more than it's worth because you're close to the 2 major wine valleys of CA.
Not saying that you should not go there, just set your expectations low and you'll be OK.
Maybe the owner should sell his huge Mercedes and spend some money on refreshing the rooms. It makes you feel being taken for granted.

• Stayed July 2013
Casa Grande, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

Your average motel in a good location. Rooms clean and quiet and food nearby within walking distance. Staff friendly but no coffee etc in the morning until almost 7:00. Pool is green and not usable so do not count on it!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Derby, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

After reading some of the reviews of the budget hotels in the area we decided on this place on the strength of the reviews. I have to say I was disappointed.
The rooms have paperthin walls and poor fitting doors. With people arriving at all hours of the night and as soon as the arrivees stopped the leavers started. Each dragged cases and banged doors (they had no choice it was the only way to close them) which you could hear all night. Not that I was asleep as the in room fridge made as much noise as a tractor running and the light from the cable box was burning my retinas out being so bright and so close to the bed.
We have stayed in many hotels in this price bracket on our trip and this was far from god value. For the same money we have got pools, lifts and sleep.

Room Tip: Another hotel
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - Wine Country? Share your experiences!