“Disgusting, felt dirty after the stay, don't count on breakfast” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Stay 2 Nights, Save 15%
Ranked #20 of 26 hotels in Santa Rosa
yellowknife
“Disgusting, felt dirty after the stay, don't count on breakfast”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2011

Santa Rosa was booked up and we had not choice but to stay here, in a smoking room at that. The curtains were tattered, the room reeked, there were cigarette burns in the sheets, and the bed was not comfortable. Surprisingly they had satellite tv instead of cable which was the only plus. I'd not stay there again and would rather drive to another city if I had to...

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

101 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
San Diego, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2011

Continental breakfast was to start at 7:30 AM. At 7:27, all was locked up and no one at desk. Came back at 7:31 and still had to ring the bell and wait out in the cold for manager to unlock. It was the most pitiful "continental" breakfast I've ever seen. Packaged Svenharts sweet rolls, apples, oatmeal in a Tupperware pour container, coffee. No toaster or bread. I asked for milk for oatmeal and he had to go in back and bring out a gallon, probably from personal refrigerator. The lobby was tiny and you were expected to bring food back to room.

We knew we wouldn't be spending much time in the room, so I booked based on the low cost and the quick breakfast in the morning. Everything else was fine as far as the room. Old, minimal, but clean.

Although the room was clean and the bed comfortable, the breakfast turned me sour on this place. The cost was higher than I booked online with AAA, they said because of local tax. I feel that should have been included in the online price or waived.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Sacramento
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2011

We went there to stay one night. Well as soon as we got into the room I noticed the mini fridge and the microwave doesn't work. Neither did half of the lights in the room. So my husband went to get someone and it was a manager. He said the circut must be out and that it would take time to fix it. We my husband asked if there are any other room that we could stay in. He said no they are all booked up. Well he left and as time went on I told my husband to the office and see what was taking so long and he also asked the woman in the office if there was any rooms open she said there was a few. So for some reason her and her husband keep changing stories and in the end we got our money back and left! Plus the view from the back window was a fence and a trailer park!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2011

We were on a road trip and just needed a place to sleep and shower and hit the road the following morning. The room was musty and the walls were paper thin as we heard our neighbors TV and their conversations all night. The beds were hard as rock and do not look like they had ever been replaced.

The next morning we go to have breakfast and the front door is locked and other guests were ringing the door bell trying to check out and no one ever came down to open the door. We all waited about 20 minutes. They just pushed their key through and left and so did we as we had paid when we checked in the night before.

Get back home and find out they coded the room wrong for the rewards points and it is up to the hotel to correct their error to get your rewards credited.

• Stayed December 2010
Idyllwild, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2010

The manager of this property attempts successfully to satisfy the needs of the guests but the property itself is dated and, when compared to a La Quinta as an example, not as good a value. We stayed here because they permitted our pets at extra cost where La Quinta does not charge extra. The continental breakfast is very minimal. Housekeeping is fair with, for example, bedsheets which are loose rather than fitted or carefully made. They have an annoying custom of intensely spraying each room with an irritating substance. Ostensibly the room was a non smoking room but had a cigarette burn on the bedspread.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2010

This is a quaint motel. Rooms are very clean. Staff is very nice. Close on and off freeway. Rooms have been newly remodeled and it was a nice play to stay.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Modesto, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2010

I booked a one night stay via AAA and based my choice on cost. All I needed was a bed for one night and for a price in the mid $60s I didn't expect much. I was very surprised! For that price I had a fridge, microwave, free wireless internet, in room safe, hairdryer, free HBO, a clean, neat room and very friendly genuine service. The new Manager Vimal and his crew are enthusiastic young folks who truly seem to enjoy their customers. Vimal shared with me some of his and the new owners future plans for this little gem. I have stayed at some "high end" hotels in Nashville, Seattle, San Francisco and Las Vegas. Few of them gave the perks this place did relative to the cost. look this place up if you're in Santa Rosa. Location is great too.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled solo

Been to Travelodge Santa Rosa? Share your experiences!