“Unforgettable Anniversay!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Gables Wine Country Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Santa Rosa
The Gables Wine Country Inn
You added The Gables Wine Country Inn to your Saves list
4257 Petaluma Hill Rd., Santa Rosa, CA 95404   |
Ranked #1 of 5 Santa Rosa B&B and Inns
“Unforgettable Anniversay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

My husband and I just returned from a truly amazing vacation to The Gables Inn! Everything from the accommodations and breakfasts to the concierge services and hospitality were the most remarkable I’ve experienced. As a world traveler, I have spent many nights in upscale hotels in beautiful locations; however, this Victorian mansion coupled with Pam and Larry’s care and concern for guests currently tops my list of travels.

First off, The Gables Inn is a quiet refuge offering its guests a serene and pampering environment. Upon arrival Pam greeted us with fresh baked cookies, which she does daily, and a big smile. She asked what we would like to do while staying with them, so we listed a few things and informed us she’d “take care of it” for us.

Following a fantastic dinner recommendation, we returned back to the Inn to get some rest. The beds and sheets were remarkable! If you can imagine slipping into a pat of butter and being lulled to sleep by the sounds of nature, this is what you will experience at The Gables Inn. (*Note: I had to purchase the sheets on the beds for use at home. Just ask Pam, she'll help you out with this, too!)

Each morning you awake to the most phenomenal breakfasts I've had! Pam uses the lavender and blackberries from the grounds to make amazing scones and Larry's fancy soufflés are sure to please. As a result, a purchase of their personal cookbook is a must. Larry is quite a chef, the portions are huge, and your belly will remain full for hours after indulging in these decadent breakfast creations.

Pam is a wonderful hostess and concierge who personally plans your days for you if you’d like. Incredible! This was the first vacation I have ever experienced that once I arrived I had to make no more decisions for the rest of my stay. Each morning Pam brings you a map which she highlights with you indicating places to stop, wineries to sample, restaurants in which to indulge, and sights you must see. If you want an individual basket of bread, cheese, and wine to accompany you, Pam will fix it up and will give you a list of the best picnic spots. Yes, there’s WiFi to check out restaurant reviews on Yelp, but no television and no stress whatsoever…just pure paradise!

Thank you Larry and Pam; we will be back very soon!!! :)

Lynn & Mark Catalana

Room Tip: Each room has its own "personality". Pam will help you out in choosing the perfect locati...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Scottsdale, Arizona, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

We stayed here twenty-five years ago and although it now has different owners, it was such a wonderful experience! The new hosts, Pam and Larry, are charming, kind and terrific cooks! We ate peach crisps made with peaches from their tree and lavender blackberry scones with lavender from their yard. Yum! The 100 year old plus Victorian home is a grande dame worthy of her place on the historic register. Pam marked up maps to recommend wineries to visit and helped me find unique places for dinner. I cannot say enough great things about this trip!

Room Tip: Each room has its own personality. There is also a departed cottage if you prefer.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

Had a wonderful 2 night stay at the Gables! Pam & Larry are the best hosts. They helped us plan a relaxing day in wine country and started us off with a very filling and delicious breakfast. We stayed in the cottage that has a loft bedroom, though I am sure all of the rooms are great. The historic house is beautiful and on a lovely piece of land. Thanks so much Pam & Larry!

Martinez, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

We had the most wonderful time at the Gables for our birthday weekeend. Due to being the off season we were able to check in early which allowed us to go out and visit some winery's. Larry and Pam were amazing. Pam and LArry's cooking skills were amazing. Pam made the most wonderful scones. I wanted more because one just wasn't enough, so she made a more. We stayed in the library and it was so warm and cozy. I can't wait to go back and stay again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Daly City, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

My wife and I decided to take a little vacation from the hustle and bustle of the Bay Area and found the Gables. We had an AMAZING stay thanks to Pam and Larry. They are very gracious hosts and make an amazing breakfast! The room we stayed in - The Garden View - was a beautiful room decorated to match the beautiful pink Victorian. And the bed was SO comfortable that we didn't want to get up!

Room Tip: The Garden View has a great view of the grounds, and a perfect amount of light coming in in the morn...
Reno, NV
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

We stayed at The Gables for Thanksgiving week and had a wonderful visit with Larry and Pam. Because we stayed mid-week, and during a quieter time, we we able to experience Larry's amazing breakfast culinary masterpieces and Pam's amazing baked wares. We were so impressed with the recipes we bought their cookbook. They also recommended some fabulous boutique wineries and even set up private wine tasting appointments for us. For the time they have been running the inn, they have immersed themselves in Sonoma wine country culture and knowledge. They are excellent source of information for restaurant recommendations as well. We have already told several friends about The Gables and hope to return soon. Thank you for a wonderful stay!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Fraser Coast
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013

I have been anticipating writing this review since we met Larry and Pam in Sydney back in February (2013). From this meeting, I knew we were destined to stay at the Gables, and that it would be a memorable experience. I wasn’t wrong.

Pam and Larry /are/ the Gables. Yes, the property is beautiful – we were lucky enough to see all the rooms as we were the only guests in the residence (staying in off-season has its advantages!). The surrounding grounds that make up the property, including the barn, make for postcard-perfect photo opportunities. However, the hospitality and warmth that Pam and Larry extend just makes you feel so special and wanted. The care and attention to detail these lovely people show is just astounding. Breakfast is perhaps the best showpiece of this: both Pam and Larry are excellent cooks and the creative and delicious breakfast that awaits you in the morning has to be seen to be believed. Admittedly, you may not be able to eat for the rest of the day as it is HUGE!

Both Pam and Larry have a really good local knowledge of the best wineries and restaurants, so I would advise you make full use of this to enhance your stay. My partner and I had the best time and haven’t stopped raving about it to friends and family since coming home to Australia – as such it comes with the highest praise and recommendation I can give. Only one negative – sadly, we never did get to meet a skunk! Pam – the turkeys and squirrels were ok, but I think you guys need a captive skunk especially for visiting Australians ;-)

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The Gables Wine Country Inn? Share your experiences!