“Pleasantly surprised! ” 5 of 5 stars

+1 707-539-7700
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Flipside Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #175 of 404 Restaurants in Santa Rosa
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Bar
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner
Description: Two concepts side by side: Classic American Steakhouse with an extensive wine list featuring Sonoma and worldly wines. Family friendly and features a private area that can be reserved for large parties or special occasions. Opposite the steakhouse is an upbeat sports bar with pool tables and flat screens that surround the room. With a 150" projection screen, come watch all your favorite Bay Area sporting events. Family friendly and enjoy bar food or Certified Angus Steaks.
Santa Rosa, California
“Pleasantly surprised! ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2014

I wasn't sure what to expect based on mixed reviews but I really enjoyed this steakhouse and plan to go back. Classic steakhouse vide with leather seats and low lightning, cool fireplace feature. Our server did seem like she was rehearsing a speech but she was very sweet, informative and helpful. They bring out complimentary pop overs which are super tasty. We had prime rib and new york strip with sides and it was all cooked excellently and arrived promptly. The shrimp bisque was fantastic. The only thing I'll say is that their wine menu is fairly unimaginative but they had fun cocktails.

Doncaster
“Dinner with friends”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

We ate here whilst travelling in Santa Rosa. There is a steak house one side and a sports bar the other - we didn't notice any noise in the steakhouse like some reviewers have claimed. The place is fabulously furnished and the sports bar equally well fitted out. We had four adults, two teens and a child in our party and all enjoyed their meals thoroughly. The service from our server, a gent who's name I forget, was attentive without being invasive.

We would definitely recommend.

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Awful Service, Marginal Food”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

I had high hopes for this place which opened about six months ago but unfortunately its just another marginal restaurant with terrible service. Great location and decor. Lots of TVs and fun sports bar. But if you want to relax and have a nice meal good luck!, especially if you have a server name Thalia! She seems like a nice enough girl however she is far from professional as a server. She takes an order and that is basically the last you see of her! Three of us ordered, eventually two meals out of three came out. After several minutes I had to ask about the third meal. Deer in the headlights look by Thalia!!!! Then she went and got it..like she forgot. Then no service..refills, etc. I finally had to go ask for the check from the bartender after quite a long time. We had a dirty table with all of the dishes in front of us. The bartender got very pissy and raised his voice to me..saying twice, second time louder. "I'll go get your server". That was after he ignored me for several minutes..I had to say "excuse me" to get him to talk to me!
BTW..it wasn't just me..I saw several people have the same exact experience around me. I voiced my displeasure after finally getting the check and I was basically dismissed by her "have a great day" and she walked off. So unprofessional.
I won't go back!

Novato, California
“One Bad Apple”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

I was VERY excited to learn of this bar opening. My wife and I went on a Sat. The service was as good as I have ever had. The Asst Mgr and bartender were friendly, active and wanted to please the customers. I was so pleased, we went back the following day and invited a friend. No Asst Mgr, a different bar tender and a BAD attitude. There were a total of three people sitting at the bar. However, the bar tender spent all her time talking to the other patron. When we tried to get a beer, order food or ask for a game on TV, we got attitude.At one point we asked for a beer for my wife, who just arrived. Of course the bar tender, a WFA didnt see her come in. Rather than get the beer, the bartender said " Do you know how many you have had " When I said "Yes, and I am not driving she opened up the cabinet, got the glass and slammed it shut. This was so OUT OF BOUNDS we just left. While all other aspects of this place looked good, we will never go back.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Midlothian, Virginia
“Arrived quite late and waitstaff and kitchen cheerfully took care of us”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

We had sandwiches having arrived quite late but it was pleasant and we would recommend it for a casual meal in a Santa Rosa.

Visited May 2014