“"Wow!! A Once In A Lifetime Experience! Magnificent, Wonderful, PERFECT Birthday Gift"” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Up & Away Ballooning

$235*
and up
Ranked #1 of 64 Activities in Santa Rosa
More attraction details
Owner description: The most personalized, professional ballooning experience in the Sonoma County Wine Country. Gourmet brunch served in the gardens of Kendall-Jackson Winery after the flight. Best safety record.***Now wheelchair accessible***
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Fort Hood, Texas
6 attraction reviews
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

Wow!! A completely unforgettable experience to the fullest. I couldn’t have given my girlfriend a better birthday gift, and I of course couldn’t of asked for more of an unforgettable overall experience. It all started early for us. We live 3 hours away and decided to drive up to Santa Rosa the morning of our trip. Once we arrived to the airport we took a little nap in our car being that we had a little time to spare. We meet there with the extremely friendly staff and the other couples that were scheduled for flight. Cutting down to the chase, we drove to the actual take off site (in their vans) and off loaded the balloons. At that time they asked for volunteers willing to help out with the balloon process, I instantly raised my hand! That itself was an unforgettable experience. If you’re in currently good heath and suffer no minor injuries then I say part take in this once in a lifetime experience (if they ask for volunteers of course). My girlfriend also got tons of great action pictures of the process for our scrapbook. The balloon ride itself is of course a jaw dropping moment. The views, the atmosphere, the sunrise, the vineyards down below, the torching torch right above filling the balloon, the bay area mountains in the distance, the other balloons flying next to you / above you / below you (of course great pictures can be captured) and the friendliness of the staff on broad answering any question possible, and pinpoints certain areas down below. The balloon experience was PERFECT!! The afterwards was the thing that surprised me! We landed, I of course helped out with the defilation of the balloon, and then we headed to a local vineyard. The brunch that was held was magnificent to the fullest!! They had fresh fruit, qeche, chocolate covered strawberries, etc. and we popped a bottle of champagne which was a past balloon tradition history. The picnic area there at the vineyard was perfect, well shaded, and flawless with never-ending beauty. I could keep on going and going about our experience and the details will be never ending. Highly recommended! A Must! Well worth the travel time, investment, sleep loss etc. Nothing will ever put a price or sacrifice on our journey. UP and Away, you guys rock!! I will come by to see you guys soon!

Visited December 2011
balloonguy01, Owner at Up & Away Ballooning, responded to this review, November 18, 2012
Talk about WOW, a review after a years time!
Thank you so much. So happy it is still leaving
happy memories.
Kind regards

Miami Beach
4 attraction reviews
“Ah-Mazing experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

Best experience to date. Went to celebrate a friend's birthday. Dan was an awesome pilot, he's so real and down to earth...even though he took us Up Up and Away! Thoroughly enjoyed the ride. The day was picture perfect and so was the landing. Thanks for such a memorable experience.

Visited October 2012
balloonguy01, Owner at Up & Away Ballooning, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Thanks so much for sending in a comment,
appreciate the effort.
San Francisco, California
“Hot Air Balloon Ride...Check”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

My husband knew that a hot air balloon ride was on my list of things to do. He booked with Up & Away for a trip we were taking up in Windsor with my brother and sister-in-law as a surprise. This was an amazing experience. I know it is easy to look up a Napa company (we previously lived in San Francisco) as your first choice, but I challenge you to go with a family owned business, with excellent service and a staff that is very experienced and makes the trip memorable. From beginning to end, all of the staff make this a fun experience and before you eat the last bite of your brunch, you will want to come back and do it again. Try it, you will love it!

Visited October 2012
balloonguy01, Owner at Up & Away Ballooning, responded to this review, November 3, 2012
Thank you Marie for the review, so happy
you had a wonderful time, so did we!
Mountain View, California, United States
“Great Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

My husband and I celebrated my birthday with Up & Away Ballooning. It was a wonderful experience and the staff were professional and fun. We even got to help with launching - which was really cool to participate and learn about the balloon.

Brunch was delicious and everything you dream about wine country - picnicking in a tree grove with the vineyards and gardens around you.

Mike's crew is great and made my birthday so very memorable and fun! Can't thank them enough!

Hi Emily
Thank you for your feedback, glad you
had a great time.
Roseville, California
“Unbelievable Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

What a day! Could not have asked for a better guide than Daniel. When all of the other operators stayed close to the ground, Daniel took us close to 4000 feet. What a view, all the way to the Golden Gate. This company is an A plus, very professional. Owner Mike, helps put any fears aside. Highly recommend. Buffet afterward, a bargain.

Visited October 2012
balloonguy01, Owner at Up & Away Ballooning, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Thank you Vanessa for the review and your business.
Much appreciated.