“Nice choice while in Sonoma” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romance, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Holly Springs, North Carolina
“Nice choice while in Sonoma”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Found this little Mexican restaurant down an alley off the main square while shopping in Sonoma. Nice choice for casual dining. Menu had the usual items but the food was excellent. Not fancy but definitely worth a stop even if just for a margarita.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Santa Cruz, California
“Imaginative Italian food in a romantic, intimate setting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

My wife and I celebrated our wedding anniversary with a wine country getaway. We stayed in Santa Rosa, and visited the Kunde winery (our favorite). We made a dinner reservation at LoCoco's based on an online review, and we were not disappointed. The restaurant is in a charming location near the train depot, and has a lively, intimate atmosphere. The service is excellent, and the waiters are friendly and chatty (one of them sang Italian songs as he brought out the dishes). There is an excellent wine list, plus full bar. However, it is the food which stands out. The bruschetta appetizer was delicious, featuring marvelously ripe chopped tomatoes and basil on crunchy toasted baguette slices. For the entree, I had the linguini de mare (seafood), which was a generous portion of perfectly al dente pasta in a rich red sauce, with scallops, clams, prawns, calamari, and fish. My wife had the pasta with wild boar sausage. It was simply marvelous. Both dishes went very well with the Italian Barbera wine. The owner came out and visited every table, to make sure everyone was satisfied. You don't see that very often these days. We were so stuffed that we had to pass on dessert -- maybe next time. I would definitely go back.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
“Good Italian in Santa Rosa”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

Our group had reservations for here after a great day in the valley tasting great wines. The service was very good. Each person tried different things. The red sauce was a little weak and needed some additional spices. The pasta was well cooked and the grated cheese flowed freely.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Wichita, Kansas
“Amazing food!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

We ate here for our anniversary, and the food was fabulous!! Hands down the best tortellini I have had, and my husband said the Ribeye special was to die for. Our waiter was friendly, funny, and provided excellent service, and the owner of the restaurant even came out towards the end of the night and walked around. The only thing I might mention is that the food took a long time to come out, but we did not mind, there was a rather large party next to us that may have been slowing things down.

• Visited May 2013
Kihei, Hawaii
“Delizioso!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

While visiting Santa Rosa, we were referred to Lococo's by the staff at a wine bar a few doors down from the restaurant and am glad we took the recommendation. We enjoyed it so much, we ate at Lococo's three nights within that week! I must admit, we had the same waiter two of the nights, and while not the best of service from him in particular, the food more than made up for the slight lack of service (on the other night, service was great). The olive tapenade is awesome. The arugula salad was great and the main courses = pan seared scallops with risotto and truffle sauce, sauteed prawns, pappardelle with wild boar sausage and mushrooms...all EXCELLENT. We tried almost all of the desserts over the course of three days and I must say.....the cannoli was my personal favorite and the BEST that I have ever had. So good, I even had an order to go as I surely knew I would have a midnight craving for it, and I was right. Will be a definite must do again on our next trip to Santa Rosa.

• Visited May 2013