“Finally where I will call home when I visit Santa Rosa” 4 of 5 stars

Sandman Motel
3421 Cleveland Ave, Santa Rosa, CA 95403   |
Ranked #3 of 26 Hotels in Santa Rosa
Arcata, California
“Finally where I will call home when I visit Santa Rosa”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

I have been to many hotels/motels in Santa Rosa. Try to save the company some money, but that has butt me up against some poor locations and amenities.
Sandman Hotel is close to the dog day care I use, close to Trader Joe's to get meal items, and has easy access to freeway to get to my work.
Has a pool, exercise, and free internet that works.
Frig to keep food in and MW to prepare meals. Clean and safe.
Corporate rate best rate available; find it on line.
Does the trick for me!

Room Tip: Specify if you have a pet. Does not charge per day; just a one-time $25 charge. Great for longer s...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

This motel is very affordable and clean. The breakfast is decent but the room is extremely small so you probably won't linger over breakfast. The pool is very big. The staff is friendly. Overall a reasonable night stay.

Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

I am definitely not a motel person, I'll admit it. However coming into the area for only 3 days for the Healdsburg Half Marathon, I was looking for a reasonably priced place. After reading nothing but positive reviews I booked a 3 night stay. Upon my arrival, I found it was right off the freeway, friendly check in service, a "quiet" and spotless room, and a comfortable bed. The refrigerator was perfect for snacks. The location made it easy to do some sight seeing before and after the run. For housekeeping, you have the option of an early "clean". The day of the run, I placed the request on my door and by the time I got back at 11 a.m, my room had been cleaned. Check out was easy as well. The Sandman definitely changed my mind about motels. If I am ever in the area again I will definitely be staying here. This is such a beautiful area with so much to see and do that couldn't get everything done in the short amount of time I was here. Oh, and checkout is at noon, which is almost unheard of these days. You definitely get the chance to sleep in if you choose. I didn't eat the complimentary breakfast, but then again, I normally don't when I'm staying in a hotel/motel. Thank you for making my 3 days stress free and relaxing

Room Tip: I definitely recommend an upper floor the back part of the establishment. It was totally quiet.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Edmond, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

We stayed at the Sandman Motel because of its price relevant to nearby motels and hotels. For the price paid it was a good value. The place is pretty huge and luckily we had a room in the back corner and it was very clean and comfortable, which is the most important things to us. They did have a free breakfast in the building by the pool that had the standard continental breakfast fare. All in all a fair price for what you get and what is available in the surrounding area.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Bellingham , WA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

A well kept motel at a fair price. Most motels charged far more for the peak wine area visiting season. A very adequate continental breakfast. Convenient for off an on freeway access with restaurants of severa kinds nearby.

Vancouver Island, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

This was our first stay in a Sandman. We read the reviews on Trip Advisor and decided to give it a try. It was a good choice. We asked for a quiet room and were given a 2nd floor queen room (with sofa bed that had seen a better day) across from the pool and well off the street. We did not hear anything except for the occasional customer wheeling their luggage past our door. The room, while not 'fancy', was clean and comfortable. The A/C worked great; strong wi-fi signal; iron and ironing board; small fridge and microwave; flat screen Panasonic TV; real glasses and real coffee mugs The pool area is quite large and is across the parking lot from the rooms so parents with small kids might need to note that. There are 3-4 restaurants within a 2-3 minute walk and there is a Trader Joe's just down the street. Breakfast was quite bare-bones with only waffles as a hot choice. We would consider it again.

Room Tip: ask for a second floor room away from the street
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Leeds, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

We stayed here in a queen room (two queen beds) for one night prior to a half-marathon in Healdsburg. We were really pleased with what we found. The room was large, beds comfortable, spotlessly clean. The bathroom was spot on with one of the nicest showers I have ever used, especially after running 13 miles! The room had an iron and ironing board which I also appreciated. Apparently breakfast was included but we didn't take it. Check-out is a generous midday and they kindly offered to give us a 1pm checkout so I could shower after my race and we didn't need to pack up at some awful hour. All this, less than an hour from wine country, for $100. Really liked it.

Room Tip: I would probably have chosen an upper room in respect as there were footsteps in the room upstairs b...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Been to Sandman Motel? Share your experiences!