If one is looking for Hyatt quality, I believe this location should fit the description. This is an excellent base when touring the Sonoma Valley either for business or pleasure, especially wine tasting. The location is easy on/off the 101 freeway just on the edge of downtown. One appeal of this place is the easy walk to many downtown restaurants, shops and wine bars. Parking is free.
The lobby is unassuming and not overly large, there is an inviting sitting area near a fireplace and few tables near a lobby bar. The front desk is set up for two people and the staff is warm and friendly. I cannot say enough positive praise for the front desk staff. More to follow.
Our king room on the second floor overlooked the garden patio, the one with the fire pit. The decor had a bit of rustic barn feel with one large chair, desk and task chair. The dresser drawers are small and tucked behind doors. The closet is small and the door to the bathroom is a sliding barn door which is sort of heavy and did stick making it even more difficult to slide. The bed is the best feature, sleeping was restful and extremely comfortable. Overall the room is comfortable, adequate size, clean and comfortable.
The Brasserie restaurant and bar serves excellent food. The bar staff are engaging, fun and keep lively conversation. I did enjoy an amazing pulled pork sandwich for lunch as well going back that evening for a glass of sparkling wine. I was here with my wife for her event. The catering staff were excellent and the food was very good.
The hotel is quiet as we learned the location was sold out both nights of our stay. Room to room noise is minimal. We did have an unfortunate incident when at around 10:30 Friday night we heard the familiar click of the door lock and the door opened. Luckily we had secured the safety latch so the door could not open completely. A young adult couple were assigned our room. I think the young couple were more mortified than us, it was a minor mistake. Had the safety latch not been on, it may have been a much more embarrassing incident.
The next morning I went to the front desk and spoke with Marco the front desk manager. He first apologized and had genuine concern when explaining that a computer glitch opened a block of rooms. It was his professionalism and forthcoming not to hide behind the incident which provided us peace of mind this was a fluke incident.
My slightly negative critiques of the room features and the room incident in no way should deter anyone looking for a quality experience. The staff are what makes this Hyatt exceptional and why I give it an excellent rating. From Dave and Marco, the catering staff, housekeeping to the restaurant and bar; every interaction with hotel staff was positive. Thanks for a great weekend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 3 story boutique hotel with Tuscan-style architecture. Rich wine country colors and oversized furniture gives the feel of comfort and home in the lobby and rooms. Sun drenched courtyards border the meeting rooms, allowing for natural light and patio access on our 14,000 square feet of space. The wisteria covered walking paths are bordered by a 80 foot water wall and 18,000 square feet of open grass space and gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Odigeo, Tingo, Otel, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Priceline and Venere so you can book your Hyatt Vineyard Creek Hotel and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Vineyard Creek Hotel Santa Rosa
- Hyatt Vineyard Creek Hotel And Spa Santa Rosa, CA - Sonoma County