“Local beef favorite” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #179 of 448 Restaurants in Santa Rosa
Cuisines: Hamburgers, Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Cricklewood is an eating and drinking place that opened in 1976. We serve aged, Black Angus beef and feature Sonoma county wines.
Windsor, California
“Local beef favorite”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

Have eaten here over 30-40 years. Lots of beef: steaks, burgers, prime rib, etc. Usually very good, although a recent french dip was too thickly sliced. Nice, small salad and soup bar. Booths have very high, Western-style walls that provide a little more privacy. Relatively quiet atmosphere. Nice, cozy bar, good for conversation.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Lynette M, Owner at Cricklewood, responded to this review, May 28, 2014
Thank you for this great review, William. It's no secret we love beef around here, so I'm happy to hear you've enjoyed everything you've tried so far. I also appreciate you letting me know your French Dip was sliced a little too thickly the last time you were here -- I'll follow up in this regard. Looking forward to welcoming you back soon!

Santa Rosa, California
“Disappointing Experience”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

I have dined at Cricklewood many years ago and remembered it fondly, so I was excited to return yesterday after a long absence. Unfortunately, the food wasn't as I remembered it. After we got our waiter's attention (never a good way to start) we ordered and enjoyed our wine ($15 corkage). My tomato bisque was delicious, thick and creamy with a wonderful flavor; my two friends enjoyed their salads. It was the main course that was disappointing. We all ordered the petite cut prime rib. One friend who asked for an end cut got the best deal; her serving was lean and perfectly cooked. My serving and my other friends serving was also perfectly cooked, but very, very fatty. After a while it became a struggle to find actual meat; almost half of my serving was fat, and about a third of my friend's was. We asked the waiter if they came from the same prime rib, but he just shrugged and said that ends cuts were sometime leaner. We also ordered some grilled mushrooms to share, but they tasted canned to me, not fresh. Overall, service was indifferent. I am so disappointed! I fear there will be another long absence before I will return to this restaurant.

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Lynette M, Owner at Cricklewood, responded to this review, April 5, 2014
Since you have such fond memories of dining with us, it's truly disheartening to hear you didn't enjoy your most recent experience at our table. Our servers should be nothing less than friendly and attentive, so I'll be sure to follow up with the team in regards to the indifferent service you received. If you could follow up and let me know the servers name, that would be helpful. (cricklewoodprimerib@yahoo.com) Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

As for the Prime Rib, it's our pride and joy around here! I'm surprised to hear you were left so disappointed with your cut. Upon hearing of this, your waiter should have offered to replace it with another -- perhaps an end cut instead. I'm sorry this wasn't the case, and can only hope you'll give us another chance to impress you in the future. As for the mushrooms, we never use canned vegetables at Cricklewood, I can only surmise that because of the indifferent service you received he may have let them sit before getting them to you, allowing them to cool. The mushrooms are always best sizzling hot from the stove. It sounds as though you caught us on an off night, and I'd love the opportunity to make things right.

New Pine Creek, Oregon
“Longtime customer”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

I have Have had the pleasure to dine at this restaurant for over thrity years I cannot find anywere else that can serve prime rib & Steaks with perfection time after time all those years.I try to find good prime rib wherever I travel, and nothing compares, as Mike is a perfectionist in his business

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Lynette M, Owner at Cricklewood, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
Perfection is something we're always striving towards Robert, so hearing you say our Prime Rib and steaks meet such high standards truly makes our day! Thank you for taking the time to leave us this wonderful review. Your loyalty means so much to us. Mike will be delighted to hear your praises. Looking forward to seeing you again soon.

Santa Rosa, California, United States
“Something for Everyone”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

I'm a vegan and I expected to not find a single thing on the menu. However, the menu includes vegan and gluten-free options which are quite delicious. Which is perfect for my husband and I to enjoy together because he REALLY enjoys his beef. The restaurant uses fresh, local ingredients and a friendly staff.

I ordered steamed veggies with rice pilaf and also a baked potato. I also enjoyed the black beans soup! They are extremely accommodating for those of us with restricted diets. What a nice treat!

Visited May 2013
santa rosa
“Really sad waste”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

I had not been to this restaurant in 20 years, and I won't be going back either. This restaurant advertises the best prime rib in town. Clearly they have never been to any other place because really, this was a pretty sad meal. There was no seasoning at all and there was very little flavor, but what flavor it had was better than my filet which I didn't even finish. It too was not seasoned at all, was tender enough, but basically flavorless. The surroundings are really aged, they appear to have not been updated since the last time I was there and the bathroom wallpaper was dated and torn. This place really needs a visit from Gordon Ramsey because they have lost any ability to look at themselves and see what is needed to compete with the really good steakhouses that are out there now. Oh yeah, and the service sucked too.

• Visited August 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Lynette M, Owner at Cricklewood, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Though we're glad you returned after so long, it's really disappointing to hear that you weren't happy with that choice. Did you let us know if you were displeased with your meal? People typically rave about the Prime Rib and the Filet here, and it's surprising that you say yours had no flavor. As for the poor service, that's something that we will be addressing, and I apologize if yours wasn't top notch and friendly (if you could tell me who your server was I can address them specifically) I welcome any more information you have on what happened, and I truly hope you don't give up on us.