“I would not have thunk it but....” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #157 of 448 Restaurants in Santa Rosa
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Huntsville, AL
“I would not have thunk it but....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

I had lunch special here which was soup or salad and a two topping personal pizza. I had the minestrone soup with an Italian sausage pizza.

The soup was homemade with plenty of small sea shell pasta, zucchini and carrots in a tomato based broth (something akin to the broth found in New York Clam Chowder). You would think you would get a cup of soup but what I got was a bowl. Yes, I did eat it all.

The pizza was homemade also. No matter how you try, you cannot get the texture of the dough form pre-made dough balls. The crust was a little bit thicker than what the “Hut or the 30 minutes or less” fans would like but then they are fans of industrial pizza. The sauce was nice and light and the cheese was the good stringing type of mozzarella. The sausage was very favorable and reminded me of the sausage my parents would get at the Italian meat markets in New York.

Needless to say, yes I eat the pizza and I became very sleep about 2 hours later from being over stuffed. Good? Yes it was!

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Guerneville, California, Usa
“HIt and miss”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

I eat here often, and if I eat in the pizza parlor I have a great experience, however if I eat in the dining room I don't. Stick with the pizza parlor.

Visited May 2013
Annapolis
“Unusual name - uncommon experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

We were going to go to another restaurant nearby but it was Monday and they were closed. Some ladies had just come out of the restaurant and we inquired as to their experience. They told us it was super.

A simple lunch of 1/2 ravioli dish, soup or salad ($13) and a glass of Chianti. The waitress was very attentive and efficient. We watched as she really CLEANED the table tops, setting each for another diner. The food was excellent. For a very delicious, clean and quick lunch, this can't be beat.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Santa Rosa, California
“good pizza - good wine”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

This is a great place to have a meeting as well, they have a lovely room you can use very inexpensively, and great wine and food to boot. I also like the bar, and it is reasonably priced as well.

Visited August 2012
San Jose, California
“Good choice for carry out pizza”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

We travel to Santa Rosa a lot. Tired of the same old food I thought I would try this place based on the reviews. Crust is thick and chewy, sauce so so. However if you like cheese ask for extra cheese , not much on it. The personnel pizza is big enough for two.
On the plus side it was not more than 10 minutes from when I placed the order till I had the pizza. Quick service, friendly staff.

• Visited January 2013