“Cool city vibe in little hidden neighborhood” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #30 of 442 restaurants in Santa Rosa
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Description: Located in the Arts District of Santa Rosa, The Spinster Sisters restaurant is open every day: Monday 8am-3pm, Tue-Fri from 8am until 10pm for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner. We serve Brunch on Sat-Sun from 9am until 2:30pm and dinner from 5-10pm. American cuisine inspired by the flavors of the world, served family style in a casual, modern setting. Experience the large rectangular bar where wine country locals, wine makers and chefs meet.
Northern California
“Cool city vibe in little hidden neighborhood”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Just had dinner at Spinster Sister's with a group of friends. It's in a neighborhood of SR that's really changed over the year's. The restaurant has a cool clean minimalist feel to it, big windows allow in lots of light. The staff were all very friendly, there were obviously regulars there, and we were greeted warmly.
The menu was eclectic, a little bit of everything. Mostly small tapas type plates, but a few "large" plates (regular size entrees). My favorites included the coconut corn fritters with a delicious aioli and the kale salad was amazing. The lamb shank with polenta was divine. The only dish we ordered that I didn't love was the grilled calamari, too bitter for me, but others in my group liked it.
It's a little loud as the surfaces are all hard, but it wasn't overbearing and it was lively and fun on a Saturday night.
I've heard they have a good breakfast and look forward to going back.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

75% Recommend
Northern California
“Delicious food, but portions too small”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

I was there for Sunday brunch. All of the dishes I tasted from our table (dutch cakes, red lentil soup, breakfast burrito) were delicious. But, the portions were all very small and not satisfying. I generally don't clear my plate at most restaurants and definitely think that most places serve a bit more than ehat the average person really needs. This place served much, much less than that. To close, great flavor but poor value.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Santa Rosa
“Out of the Ordinary Menu”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

We've eaten here twice. The first time it was a 5 out of 5. Everything we ordered was piping hot cooked to perfection, service was friendly and spot on. Pull aparts were divine.
The second time hot so much. Waffle was cold, syrup was not heated, eggs were luke warm, they were out of an item I ordered and we weren't told until one of meals was served. Waitress was a distracted. There are other items we'd like to try and will go for dinner. However, if we have another so so experience, we wont go back.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Vancouver, Canada
“Joe's Benedict is fantastic”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

It took me only two seconds to pick out my meal, had Joe's Benedict and it was fantastic; unique take on benedict as well. Interesting restaurant, I'd come back for sure.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Food would have been good if served hot and if everyone was served at or around the same time.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

Went today 3/30/13 for breakfast. Nice atmosphere and waitress, but my waffle was served not even luke warm, and the
syrup was not warm either. If it had been at least warm, it would have been very good. There were 4 people in our party and everyone received their food about 15 minutes from each other. Not really inclined to go back, although I think the quality of the food is there if they get the timing in the kitchen right.
Sausage was good, a bit spicey. I didn't care for kimchee deviled eggs; flavors didn't work together and egg too mushy.

• 3 of 5 stars Food