“Barely 3 stars....” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Santa Rosa South

You added Motel 6 Santa Rosa South to your Saves list
Motel 6 Santa Rosa South
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   2760 Cleveland Ave., US 101/Redwood Highway at the Steele Lane exit, Santa Rosa, CA 95403   |
Ranked #24 of 26 Hotels in Santa Rosa
Gig Harbor, Washington
“Barely 3 stars....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

Very basic accommodation. On the positive, the room seemed clean, the lock on the door worked, the AC worked, the bathroom was clean and the hot water and shower worked. I checked for bugs, didn't see any. The old crappy TV worked. Furniture was old but functional. On the negative, I was not really comfortable in the parking lot, as there were guys hanging around all night outside a couple of the rooms, smoking and drinking. There seemed to be more than a few rooms that were occupied with long-term tenants, maybe trying to make ends meet? The noise level was such that I didn't really sleep well..... There was a security guard who was passing through the lot when I checked in, and I asked if I should park near the well-lit-all-night front office - he said 'oh yeah, that would be a good idea'. That didn't make me feel comfortable. Neither did the young lady and her 'boyfriend' who were loitering on the sidewalk, winking at passing cars (if you know what I mean). Overall, it was a cheap place to stay, and served it's purpose, but I certainly wouldn't stay there with my wife or family. In fact, I think I'll pay more and stay elsewhere next time, I'll sleep better.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here for one night.
The room was clean and the airconditioner was powerfull and cool.... although there were only two small towels in the room, not really big enough to properly dry off with.

Good location. Within walking distance to the mall and whole foods. However I woke up several times during the night to find different spots on my body that were itching. At first the bites looked like mosquito bites.... Or maybe even spider...but over some houres and the whole next day they transformed into the very swolen and blister like bites that I know come from bed bugs.... (because I was bitten by bed bugs at another motel before...the bites have certain recognizable characteristics).
The whole process is so unpleasant. My right hand swelled up so large I could hardly close it. It is a somewhat tramatic expirence to have.

Apparany bed bugs are very common.... So I don't necessarily blame this motel... It could hsppen anywhere. But I do think people should know about it.

This was my second time staying here. The first time almost two years ago was fine no bugs....
I might stay here again, but would probably choose the other motel 6 first.

• Stayed July 2012
Southern California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2011

For a point of reference, we usually stay in very basic places. I think I've only paid more than $60 for a room once or twice in the past 5 years or so. (We didn't pay for this one, a relative did.) I considered the room to have a very acceptable level of cleanliness. For example, walking around with bare feet and my feet stayed clean. If cleanliness is your minimum standard you'll be fine. We were here for 5 days and I several interactions with the staff. No problems there either.

However (and you know there is a however) I amazed exactly how bare bones they got! No breakfast is clearly stated on the motel web site. This place also had no coffee maker in the room (so no hot water for us instant oatmeal people) and they don't even distribute shampoos/conditioners/lotions--only tiny bars of soap. Free coffee w/ powdered creamer IS available in the hotel lobby, but no hot water for oatmeal or tea. No iron in the room, no iron to borrow from the lobby, no ironing board in the room. Not even a clock of any sort in the room. (I'm sure the lobby would give you a wake up call, we never asked.)

The biggest insult of all? $2.99 at a time for 24 hours of mediocre wi-fi!! Wi-fi signal was not strong enough to watch hulu without allot of fits and starts.

Anyway, I would recommend this room for a quick overnight stay. I would be more hesitant about staying here for a longer period.

Room Tip: We were in room 227, the first non-smoking room next to the smoking rooms. The fan in the bathroom...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Flekkefjord, Norway
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2011

I am there to sleep
its satisfactory, overall nice time
at the chain, keep it up, but lover the price
in and around the bay area, 70usd at
motel6 in south sf is too much even thou its
close to the airport)))

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2011

Pretty glad I hadn't read the reviews on here before we checked in or we would have just kept driving. All other hotels we called on the way into town were booked. The room we got was what we paid for (79$ for four). Nothing roomy or fancy, no frills by any means, but
clean. The other guests checking in looked like us, middle of the road couples and families. Our room was farthest from the office and overlooked a warehouse-type area. We never saw any people loitering in the parking lot or any evidence
of drug dealing or prostitution. We did not go by the other Motel 6 in the area so I don't know if people got their reviews mixed up between the two.
Front desk guy was very pleasant. Outside walkways could use a good power washing.

• Stayed August 2011
Omaha, Ne
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2011

The room itself wasn't that bad BUT......there was drug dealing and prostitution out in the bad parking lot (which where our room was). Police circling the parking lots all night long.
I know that the hotel staff know whats going on so if you want good reviews in the future....KICK THESE PUNKS OUT!!!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Sonora, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2010

We were tired after 2 days of driving, but decided to go a little further than Ukiah to get an early start the next day and get home early. We programmed the GPS to this motel, which was in a convenient location, close to food and the freeway. Big mistake. Initially it looked nice, but before we even got into the room, we smelled the strong, unmistakable odor of marijuana. The room was tiny, cramped and the shower water got all over the floor so you had to use up all your towels to sop it up.
We made trips back to the car and to the office for cups, and even after 1/2 an hour someone was still tokin' out. We asked the front desk clerk if they had a problem with young people renting rooms to have parties. She said usually that was just on the weekends and if it got out of hand the police would come. It was Thursday, but starting at about 7pm, the loud party was in full swing. I heard some hoodlum outside yelling and opened the curtain a little to see what was going on. This hood just glared at me as he walked away. It was creepy. Even though they were very far from us we could still hear the festivities and see the punks and sleezy girls making so much noise you'd swear they didn't realize Motel 6 is a place for weary travelers to sleep.
After a really bad night's sleep, I got left the room at 5:40 to put some things in the car while my boyfriend took a shower. I walked around the corner and saw a young man. He was obsessively watching a girl walk across the parking area. Right after I walked by him, he began walking toward me, within a foot of my heels. I sped up, he sped up. So I stopped and faced him. He said sorry and ran down the stairs after the girl. I assumed he was an obsessed boyfriend and she had just woke up and left the "party room." Literally 5 minutes later the phone in our room rang. The male caller asked for me BY NAME. I asked who he was and he said Jason. He said he met me the night before and I assured him he had the wrong Kelly. But he insisted, and I hung up.

I would advise people to avoid this motel 6, and the one in Bakersfield. I'm sure there are more, but for every bad one there's a good one, such as Coos Bay and Lincoln City.

Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple