“It would be safer to sleep in your car in the middle of interstate.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Santa Rosa South

Motel 6 Santa Rosa South
You added Motel 6 Santa Rosa South to your Saves list
Motel 6 Santa Rosa South
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   2760 Cleveland Ave., US 101/Redwood Highway at the Steele Lane exit, Santa Rosa, CA 95403   |
Ranked #26 of 26 Hotels in Santa Rosa
Omaha, Ne
“It would be safer to sleep in your car in the middle of interstate.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2011

The room itself wasn't that bad BUT......there was drug dealing and prostitution out in the bad parking lot (which where our room was). Police circling the parking lots all night long.
I know that the hotel staff know whats going on so if you want good reviews in the future....KICK THESE PUNKS OUT!!!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Sonora, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2010

We were tired after 2 days of driving, but decided to go a little further than Ukiah to get an early start the next day and get home early. We programmed the GPS to this motel, which was in a convenient location, close to food and the freeway. Big mistake. Initially it looked nice, but before we even got into the room, we smelled the strong, unmistakable odor of marijuana. The room was tiny, cramped and the shower water got all over the floor so you had to use up all your towels to sop it up.
We made trips back to the car and to the office for cups, and even after 1/2 an hour someone was still tokin' out. We asked the front desk clerk if they had a problem with young people renting rooms to have parties. She said usually that was just on the weekends and if it got out of hand the police would come. It was Thursday, but starting at about 7pm, the loud party was in full swing. I heard some hoodlum outside yelling and opened the curtain a little to see what was going on. This hood just glared at me as he walked away. It was creepy. Even though they were very far from us we could still hear the festivities and see the punks and sleezy girls making so much noise you'd swear they didn't realize Motel 6 is a place for weary travelers to sleep.
After a really bad night's sleep, I got left the room at 5:40 to put some things in the car while my boyfriend took a shower. I walked around the corner and saw a young man. He was obsessively watching a girl walk across the parking area. Right after I walked by him, he began walking toward me, within a foot of my heels. I sped up, he sped up. So I stopped and faced him. He said sorry and ran down the stairs after the girl. I assumed he was an obsessed boyfriend and she had just woke up and left the "party room." Literally 5 minutes later the phone in our room rang. The male caller asked for me BY NAME. I asked who he was and he said Jason. He said he met me the night before and I assured him he had the wrong Kelly. But he insisted, and I hung up.

I would advise people to avoid this motel 6, and the one in Bakersfield. I'm sure there are more, but for every bad one there's a good one, such as Coos Bay and Lincoln City.

Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
mercer island wa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2010

They skimp on most things you would expect in a motel. No shampoo, no coffee maker, no clock. 7:30 am coffee in office............but both pots are empty and the girl is filing her nails....when I said no coffee???? she says OH............I left pissed.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Santa Rosa, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2010

There seemed to be a lot of activity in the parking lot at all hours. The rooms were dirty and I was not impressed.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
San Jose, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2010

I have seen a lot of hotels including Motels6 since I like to travel with my family and kid but this Motel6 was something unbearable. It was one of the most horrible hotel experience ever. The rooms were very small but clean and stuff was friendly BUT there were a lot of rooms occupied by people living there for long time - they fixed their cars right in the parking lots, drank beer, screamed and listened for hip hop that even deaf will hear. During the whole day and evening their doors were open and some of them were siting outside with drinks and food.The whole area didn't seam safe, quite or comfortable. We checked out at 10 pm and found another hotel nearby.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
Davis, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2009

As Motel 6's go, this one is OK. It was clean and the in-room wi-fi worked well (it's an extra $2.99 per day, but worth it since you're saving a lot by staying there in the 1st place). As with most Motel 6's, the walls don't muffle sounds very well - you can pretty much understand people's conversations unless they're talking very softly. But this is to be expected if you're going to choose this chain. I don't usually stay at M 6's anymore, but was just looking for something reasonable & close to Guerneville, since I was attending the 2 day jazz & blues fest there. The desk clerks were efficient & friendly and they agreed to keep my blue ice packs in their office fridge freezer, since there are no fridges in the rooms.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled solo
San Francisco
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2008

Pros:
-Cheap
-Easy in, Easy out

Cons:
-Pee on toilet seat
-Toilet did not flush
-Burn holes in sheets
-Non-smoking room smelled of smoke
-A/C did not function
-Prostitution

In the end, you get what you pay for, although I expected the basic necessities to function.

• Liked — Cheap Price
  • Disliked — Cheap Quality
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Motel 6 Santa Rosa South? Share your experiences!