“awful” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #26 of 26 Hotels in Santa Rosa
California
“awful”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

Noisy. Dirty. Had to ask for towels. We should have taken one look and ask for a refund.

AVOID THIS PLACE.

To get to 200 characters, I'll repeat: AVOID THIS PLACE.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars

3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

I stayed at this motel last week for three days. I wasn't expecting much. The price was right, although I think it could have been lower if the fair haden't been in town.
The good:
The room was clean and did not smell bad. These are the two most important things to me.
I liked the location. Lots of stores and food spots within walking distance.
I did not go swiming, but the pool area did look nice.

The not so good:
The bed was not the most comfortable. Mine was very soft, but that's not such a big deal.
On the second day the airconditioner in the room started to squeal .... Actually it sounded like a phone ringing.....that was very annoying since it was very stuffy and humid in the room without the air on.

I would stay here again. It's not the best.. but it's not the worst either.

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank sjr2787
Saint Louis, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

I stayed in this Motel 6 for 6 nights while attending an event in Sebastapol. The price for the Motel 6 is was a great savings compared to how much I would have had to pay for a hotel in Sebastapol. The room was very simpliy decorated with a desk/dresser that had cubbies and no drawers and a closet with no doors, I was amused by the decor. For the price, it was fine. The room was clean, however they could have used more insulation when they built the motel. I could hear conversations from the parking lot, the room next door and the room above. The staff was polite. The parking lot was clean. The burger place next door was very good and convenient. The motel was easy to find with plenty of parking. Some of the other guests were a bit annoying. Loud conversations in the parking lot, luggage being drug noisly up the stairs at 3am and someone put chewing gum on my car because I was backing into a parking space when they came into the parking lot, driving too fast, and had to wait for a few seconds while I parked. In the morning I found chewing gum on the trim of the rental car, what a jerk. I suspect that the loud conversationalist and the chewing gum villain were one and the same person and I suspect that he lived at the motel, judging by the loud conversation in the parking lot that I could clearly hear and understand, even with the window and door closed on my room. I liked Santa Rosa, I did not like the Motel 6 very much. I would rather pay more for a better hotel next time. Last year I stayed in Sebastapol, too expensive, this year I stayed at the Motel 6 North Santa Rosa, much more affordable. Next year I will stay in Santa Rosa again, but not at this Motel 6.

Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Portland, Oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2012

I know that not all Motel 6's are horrible (or so I've heard), but this one definitely is. We stayed for just one night on our way down to Southern California. It was awful. Our room was $72 a night and there was a charge for Wifi. The room was dirty. There were people living in other motel rooms. There were some sketchy people walking around the parking lot. The people at the front who checked us in were nice, but the room was just too gross for the price. Not worth it. Even for a quick stopover.

1 Thank SheIsKelsey

Travelers are raving about these Santa Rosa hotels

Morgan Hill, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

Traveling to North Coast on a Friday night we just needed a place to stay for one quick night... We decided to try out this Motel 6 cause it was late. NO WAY this place was horrible. The gal at the front desk was nice enough but the room we got was HORRIBLE! Very DIRTY looked like someone had lived in this place for awhile. Razor blade cuts all over the sink from drug use the carpet was so dirty we didn't dare walk without any shoes on. The beds were terrible old disgusting. I have stayed a few Motel 6' and have never seen a place with such filth. I believe the only good reviews are from employees or the owners friends... I don't see how anyone can rate this place nice at all!

Like I said TRUST the bad Reviews they are true in regards to this property.

Room Tip: Don't choose this place STAY AWAY!
Levin, New Zealand
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2012

Poor value. After 5 weeks on the road this has to be the worst value for money ever. The air did not work when it was 88 outside, we were put in a non smoking room which smelt strongly of smoke, they did shift us to a cleaner room. There is charge for wi fi of $2.99 which is not normal.
$69! For the room with napkin thin towels which you need two after your shower, though the shower was ok there was no soap or shampoo a first after 5 weeks. And for $69 we at least would expect a breakfast or a coffee machine in our room non of which were offered though there was coffee in the lobby.if you have a cat you could not swing it around the room without hitting al 4 walls , tiny. So if you want value for money this is not for you at all.

Room Tip: Poor value for money in a small room. With no air that worked in summer.wont stay at motel 6 again.
Roseville, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2012

Requested nonsmoking room. Was shown more than 6 rooms that smelled like smoke. Saw a hotel guest in a nonsmoking room smoking outside her door. Was told by the front desk that it was safer to stay in a room closer to the front counter & that there was security guard that patrolled on the weekends. Every hour in the night we heard someone or more than 1 person outside either checking in or being loud. Not a place to stay to feel safe, get a good night's rest or feel like you are in a clean place. The area on the West side of Hwy 101 does not feel safe overall. If we had known about the condition of the hotel, we would booked someplace else. I've stayed in other Motel 6 hotels where the place is clean and safe. The manager was nice in giving us 1 night's free stay at a Motel 6 anywhere in the US. Thank you.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends