“Poor value with no air.” 2 of 5 stars

Motel 6 Santa Rosa North
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   3145 Cleveland Ave., Santa Rosa, CA 95403   |
Ranked #25 of 26 Hotels in Santa Rosa
Levin, New Zealand
“Poor value with no air.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2012

Poor value. After 5 weeks on the road this has to be the worst value for money ever. The air did not work when it was 88 outside, we were put in a non smoking room which smelt strongly of smoke, they did shift us to a cleaner room. There is charge for wi fi of $2.99 which is not normal.
$69! For the room with napkin thin towels which you need two after your shower, though the shower was ok there was no soap or shampoo a first after 5 weeks. And for $69 we at least would expect a breakfast or a coffee machine in our room non of which were offered though there was coffee in the lobby.if you have a cat you could not swing it around the room without hitting al 4 walls , tiny. So if you want value for money this is not for you at all.

Room Tip: Poor value for money in a small room. With no air that worked in summer.wont stay at motel 6 again.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Roseville, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2012

Requested nonsmoking room. Was shown more than 6 rooms that smelled like smoke. Saw a hotel guest in a nonsmoking room smoking outside her door. Was told by the front desk that it was safer to stay in a room closer to the front counter & that there was security guard that patrolled on the weekends. Every hour in the night we heard someone or more than 1 person outside either checking in or being loud. Not a place to stay to feel safe, get a good night's rest or feel like you are in a clean place. The area on the West side of Hwy 101 does not feel safe overall. If we had known about the condition of the hotel, we would booked someplace else. I've stayed in other Motel 6 hotels where the place is clean and safe. The manager was nice in giving us 1 night's free stay at a Motel 6 anywhere in the US. Thank you.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Vancouver, Washington, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2011

Yes, for $69.00 I was hoping for more. What I got was a good experience that I will take with me for the rest of my life: I will not stay in another Motel 6, and it took this Motel 6 to provide the impetus for this life altering moment. But why? Disclaimer: this is NOT an exhaustive list: 1) BASIC ECONOMICS: For $25-$35 more I could have stayed in a hotel, such as the Best Western right around the corner (which I was in before I came here, and in which I have stayed on this trip) and beyond anything else (more to come below), I would have been provided with a nice continental breakfast. For me and my four kids, this is quite a benefit. Motel 6 doesn't provide this, so I will have to get breakfast in the morning. This will cost me likely around $20-30. Perhaps you don't eat breakfast. I do. I find it important. Perhaps you don't eat a good breakfast. I do. I find it important. So, yes, it will cost me at least that much for my family in the morning. That along makes up for most of the difference between the Motel 6 and the Best Western (or a host of similar hotels). Further, many of these other hotels will offer dinner, which makes it even more of a bargain. But, let's just say it was me alone staying here. I guarantee you that in the morning I will head to Starbucks (right around the corner), where I will inevitably get at least a Triple Grande Hazelnut Latte ($4.75) and a sausage breakfast sandwich ($4). Totaling around $9 (just for me). Again, if I had the breakfast here I wouldn't be headed to Starbucks. For economic reasons alone, it isn't work staying here. 2) CLEANLINESS: Look, I am not asking for much here, am I? Basic cleanliness would be nice. Where to begin: a) our comforter (which looks like a bad acid trip in and of itself...) has cigarette holes in it (this is a non-smoking room), b) the room smells like smoke (this is a non-smoking room), c) the toilet lid has cigarette burns on int (this... is... a ... non-smoking... room...), d) the main chair in the room has cigarette marks on it (this.............is.............a............non-.............smoking..............room), e) the shower has a large crack in it (which is obviously from somebody punching it), f) the carpeting has stains on it, which look like blood, g) the comforter and sheets do not smell clean (they smell used, and, to be frank, smell like smoke), h) the overall "feel" of the room is not crisp and it is not clean. Look, the room can be cheap, but can't it be clean? 3) CONVENIENCE: I am around 300-350 feet from the lobby (if you can call it a lobby), which is the only place that has a soda machine, etc. etc. etc. So, if I want something, I have quite the walk. There is no coffee maker in the room. There is no microwave in the room. There is no fridge in the room. There are no mugs in the room. If I was at the Best Western, or similar hotels, I would have a microwave (which would have come in handy, since I have microwave popcorn and other things that my kids would have liked); I would have had a fridge; I would have had vending services within a reasonable distance of my room; I would have had a lobby to go to if I wanted to; I would have had a coffee maker, which I would have used, etc. 4) SAFETY: Twice since I have been here I have had sketchy looking strangers walk right past my door with beer in a bag. Look. I like beer. I like bags. Perhaps I like beer in a bag. But you get me, right? Beer in a bag. I thought they were going to knock on the door and ask for my spare change. I felt so uncomfortable with the surroundings that I had to take everything out of my truck that had of any value. Since my truck has enormous value, I was wishing that I could bring it in to the room too! The lighting around the building isn't great. I did not feel particularly safe. And if you don't feel safe, it really affects your comfort level at the place, which affects your enjoyment, which directly affects the VALUE of the hotel. What is the cost of feeling that you and your family are safe? A FEW EXTRA NOTES: a) since we got into the room we have all been sneezing. I am not prone to sneezing and I am 100% confident that we are sneezing because of something in the room, b) I wanted to give my kids a bath when I got to the room but the tub didn't have a plug. If I wanted one I had to go 300-350 feet to the "lobby" (if you can call it that) to get one. What the hell? The place has a TUB, not a SHOWER. Is it not assumed that if you have a tub that you will want a tub plug... you know... so that you can take a bath? IN SUMMARY: my point in all of this was "is it worth it"? I suppose that depends on how you look at it. Look, if you are a single guy and you are rolling in at 1am and checking out first thing in the morning to get on the road again, then perhaps it is. But, if you are staying for a day or more. If you are getting in before dinner and leaving at 10? If you have a family. If you are going to do more than "sleep" in the room, then perhaps you should reconsider. I am learning that $25-$50 gets you a LOT and may well be worth it: coffee makers, microwaves, a nice lobby, professional receptionists or hosts, ceramic mugs, a fridge, breakfast and perhaps dinner, the feeling of safety, nice sheets, nice smells, nice feels, etc. Is it worth it? To me, hell yes it is. Will I stay in a Motel 6 again? I have absolutely no intention to do so. And I thank Motel 6 for bringing me to this moment. I will happily pay an extra few dollars to make my stays, and my subsequent vacations, more enjoyable in the future. Motel 6 helped to convince me that they are not worth even what they charge, and the more expensive places are WELL worthwhile. Do yourself a favor and enjoy your stay ELSEWHERE.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else. Seriously.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
costa mesa ca
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2011 via mobile

My expectations for a cheap motel are modest; basically clean. I don't expect amenities, just a clean room and a bed I'm not afraid to allow any part of my flesh to make contact with. It's not a high bar. This has to be one of, if not the worst motel 6 I've ever been in. The carpet was filthy and had clearly not been vacuumed as the large chunks of what appeared to be fried chicken next to the bed would attest to. After peeling back the coverlet, the blanket was covered with debris and cigarette holes, and the aged sheets had many an unidentifiable stain. The bathroom was the real winner; the tub had not been cleaned, long hairs were strewn about, black mold everywhere and there was a 1 ft square segment of the tub where the finish has peeled off. The shower sang a melancholy high pitched three note tune as I showered in flip flops.

• Stayed September 2011
Coronado, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2011

Cierra made my reservation process a pleasure. Encounters with the staff, both maid service as well as the office personal, were invariably accompanied by a smile and a helpfull attitude. Road noise from the nearby highway as well as from the adjacent main thoroughfare were barely noticable with my door and window closed. I don't remember hearing my neighbors above or to the side during evening hours. While the room was spartan, regarding appontments, the mattress was soft enough to be comfortable yet firm enough to provide support. I slept very well and woke up refreshed each morning during my four day stay. The TV channel selection was limited, by current standards, but about average for a motel room. The sink and bath areas showed sings of wear/age but they were clean and the appliances worked well. The pool area is inviting and the water is pristine if some what bracing. When I returned to my room late one evening I noticed the uniformed security guard making his rounds. In true Motel 6 North spirit he greeted me pleasantly and reasuringly.The place is conveniently located in the middle of wine country. It's two exits from down town Santa Rosa and within a block or two of fast food restaurants and a sports bar with entertainment. There's a family-run burger restaurant next door, that does a brisk trade during dinner hours, and a convenience store around the corner. No it ain't the Ritz or a romantic hill top bed and breakfast with a view, but if you're traveling on a budget, you won't go wrong at the Motel 6 North in Santa Rosa

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Athens, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2011

Late night arrival, no smoking room but air conditioning not working and smelled awful. I was told It could not be fixed until the morning. Talked to the desk in the morning and was told the maintenance man would be in at 1 and would see if it could be fixed or we would be moved to another room. Went out for the day until 4 and upon my return NO FIX was done. Called the desk and was told the maintenance man was on vacation!! I asked for another room and they did move us. I asked for the first night to be free and was told they could not do that but did give us 10% off stay. The rooms have NO, Clocks, shampoo, hairdryers, irons, lugage rack and the towels were threadbare. I felt that the bedspreads were not clean. We had suggested to friends to stay there and when they check in the room had not been cleaned, hair in the sink from someone shaving and generaly dirty. They check out the next morning!! NEVER AGAIN the worst hotel I have ever stayed and I have traveled worlwide. DON"T DO IT, Pass this one.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
california
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2011

This Motel 6 has sure come up in quality. The service is unsurpassed from the manager to housekeeping. There is trafic but the location is so convenient to so many things, food, shopping, tourist attractions.
Clean and nice people. FOr one or twonights it is perfect and well worth the price.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family

Been to Motel 6 Santa Rosa North? Share your experiences!