“Ahh Motel 6, why must you terrify me so?” 1 of 5 stars

Motel 6 Santa Rosa North
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   3145 Cleveland Ave., Santa Rosa, CA 95403   |
Ranked #25 of 26 hotels in Santa Rosa
costa mesa ca
“Ahh Motel 6, why must you terrify me so?”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2011 via mobile

My expectations for a cheap motel are modest; basically clean. I don't expect amenities, just a clean room and a bed I'm not afraid to allow any part of my flesh to make contact with. It's not a high bar. This has to be one of, if not the worst motel 6 I've ever been in. The carpet was filthy and had clearly not been vacuumed as the large chunks of what appeared to be fried chicken next to the bed would attest to. After peeling back the coverlet, the blanket was covered with debris and cigarette holes, and the aged sheets had many an unidentifiable stain. The bathroom was the real winner; the tub had not been cleaned, long hairs were strewn about, black mold everywhere and there was a 1 ft square segment of the tub where the finish has peeled off. The shower sang a melancholy high pitched three note tune as I showered in flip flops.

• Stayed September 2011

48 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Coronado, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2011

Cierra made my reservation process a pleasure. Encounters with the staff, both maid service as well as the office personal, were invariably accompanied by a smile and a helpfull attitude. Road noise from the nearby highway as well as from the adjacent main thoroughfare were barely noticable with my door and window closed. I don't remember hearing my neighbors above or to the side during evening hours. While the room was spartan, regarding appontments, the mattress was soft enough to be comfortable yet firm enough to provide support. I slept very well and woke up refreshed each morning during my four day stay. The TV channel selection was limited, by current standards, but about average for a motel room. The sink and bath areas showed sings of wear/age but they were clean and the appliances worked well. The pool area is inviting and the water is pristine if some what bracing. When I returned to my room late one evening I noticed the uniformed security guard making his rounds. In true Motel 6 North spirit he greeted me pleasantly and reasuringly.The place is conveniently located in the middle of wine country. It's two exits from down town Santa Rosa and within a block or two of fast food restaurants and a sports bar with entertainment. There's a family-run burger restaurant next door, that does a brisk trade during dinner hours, and a convenience store around the corner. No it ain't the Ritz or a romantic hill top bed and breakfast with a view, but if you're traveling on a budget, you won't go wrong at the Motel 6 North in Santa Rosa

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Athens, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2011

Late night arrival, no smoking room but air conditioning not working and smelled awful. I was told It could not be fixed until the morning. Talked to the desk in the morning and was told the maintenance man would be in at 1 and would see if it could be fixed or we would be moved to another room. Went out for the day until 4 and upon my return NO FIX was done. Called the desk and was told the maintenance man was on vacation!! I asked for another room and they did move us. I asked for the first night to be free and was told they could not do that but did give us 10% off stay. The rooms have NO, Clocks, shampoo, hairdryers, irons, lugage rack and the towels were threadbare. I felt that the bedspreads were not clean. We had suggested to friends to stay there and when they check in the room had not been cleaned, hair in the sink from someone shaving and generaly dirty. They check out the next morning!! NEVER AGAIN the worst hotel I have ever stayed and I have traveled worlwide. DON"T DO IT, Pass this one.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
california
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2011

This Motel 6 has sure come up in quality. The service is unsurpassed from the manager to housekeeping. There is trafic but the location is so convenient to so many things, food, shopping, tourist attractions.
Clean and nice people. FOr one or twonights it is perfect and well worth the price.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
San Jose, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2011

We almost passed this one up due to the sour reviews, but since it was recommended by a friend, decided to check it out.. Obviously Motel 6 is not luxurious and is not intended to be. It is simple, basic lodging. It also accepts dogs, as do all Motel 6 hotels, to my understanding. An important factor for us at this time.

Our room on the second floor above the office was as clean as can be and very new in its appearance. The staff was friendly and helpful. Traffic noise is somewhat to be expected since it is in close proximity to the Highway 101, a plus or a minus depending on how you look at it. We solved it by running the fan on low for a white noise effect, and it was just fine. The bed was a bit hard for us, but again, if you're looking for a feather bed, you better up your budget substantially.

All in all we found this hotel to be clean, comfortable, well located and safe. Perfect for our quick trip's purposes. Don't let the negative comments scare you off.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Costa Mesa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2010

This property is located right of f the 101 Freeway. It is easy to find and offers a great location.

You can walk to Trader Joe's, as I did. It is abt 3 blocks away. 24 Hour Fitness is less than a mile away. There are a myriad of fast food places nearby. The local mall is also less than a mile away.

The property shows well. The outside appears clean and well maintained. There is ample parking.

The room I stayed in was very clean. It is an older bulding, so there are some minor maintenance-type issues in the room. However, nothing that impacted my stay. The room was very clean.

The bed was clean and comfortable. It was also a quieter building than I expected. I could not really hear my neighbors.

The staff was friendly and offered great service.

I have stayed at a few Motel 6 properties. The company offers a clean and budget minded option to your travels. No one staying at a Motel 6 should expect top of the line accommodations.

I would suggest booking ahead on the motel6.com website. BRING A COPY OF YOUR RESERVATION. Their computer had my name and the number of nights I was staying. However, it did not have the same price which I agreed to on the internet. I had to pull the reservation up on my phone.

I recommend this property and will stay there again next year when I return to the Santa Rosa area.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
Oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2009

I read all the reviews before traveling and was pretty grossed out, but due to the size of our party this was the only hotel we could get 4 rooms together. I was over ruled by my family they all told me relax, its just 2 nights, stop making a big thing out of nothing. So I didn't want to offend anyone so I let my sister book the rooms and crossed my fingers. That was not enough!

If you book a room here even if you have a confirmation number, its first come first serve! Confirmation numbers mean nothing. Every room in this hotel HAS BEEN SMOKED IN! THE STICKERS ON THE DOOR THAT SAY NO SMOKING COME OFF AND THE MAID CAN STICK ON ANOTHER DOOR! So if you are sensitive to the smell of smoke STAY AWAY! When we arrived there were only 3 parties out of the four that were there. We were all forced to pay for our rooms upfront, they would not apply the charges to our debit card we had provided 3 weeks earlier. They advised us that was their rules and if we didn't do it that way they would give our rooms away! Who like to be threatened when your traveling! Hello where is the Customer Service? NOT HERE!!

We checked into our rooms Stunk, no air condition unit is about 200 years old! no screens on the windows so the flies would fly in and hello your right next to freeway! NOISY and Yes there is about a 1/2 inch gap in the door! There was 2 adults and 2 children per room. We only had ONE TOWEL and ONE FACE CLOTH, when we sent our children down to get more towel so they could take a shower the staff only provided 2 more towels. Then you ready" THEY ADVISED WE SHARE THE TOWELS!" So ladies you know that is not happening when aunt flo is present! How gross and rude was this. We went down to the office they had locked the door and we had to ask for more as they treated us like crap! Laughing at us like we were a joke! NOT Cool.

4 BEDS OUT OF 8 WERE DIRTY 3 HAD HAIR AND ONE HAD BLOOD ON THE SHEETS AND PILLOW CASE! They refused to come to our rooms saying there was no service at that time of night 10:00 pm! Thank god for my Aunt and ME I brought extra sheets just incase! We slept four in a bed until the next day! Some of us did get those flea bites!
Bathroom was small and gross hair in tub and pee around toilet!
Sorry so long but I really want to share this horrible place! Stay somewhere else go for the extra money and stay at the sandmann, holiday express! Or your CAR!
This place really is old and gross and sad to say should be closed until it is up to code and clean!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family

Been to Motel 6 Santa Rosa North? Share your experiences!