“Tiny, terrific place” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Sazon is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 404 Restaurants in Santa Rosa
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Peruvian
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Burbank
Transit: City of Santa Rosa Public Bus Route 12. Stop one block from our premises.
Description: Sazon is Spanish for "seasoning" and synonymous with incredible Peruvian cuisine! We combine family recipes with great service for amazing dining. Peruvian cuisine is a reflection of Peru's diverse geography, immigrant cultures, and even pre-Inca recipes! With a truly unique fusion of cultures, you'll taste dishes with hints of Spanish, African, Italian, and even Asian cuisines. At Sazon, our family serves authentic Peruvian recipes passed down by our great-grandmother, Maria Olinda, who herself boasted Peruvian, African, Spanish, and Italian ancestry! We invite you to share one of our unforgettable Ceviches with a co-worker at lunch; with 7 to choose from including a classic Ceviche Mango or the Ahi Ceviche Nikei with ahi tuna, you're sure to escape your workday stresses. Or bring loved ones for dinner to indulge in the amazing Pollo a la Brasa, free-range chicken marinated with a house blend of traditional Peruvian spices! Whether you're joining us for lunch or dinner, with friends or family, we invite you to savor the unique Peruvian flavors at Sazon!
Larchmont, New York
“Tiny, terrific place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2014

Simple Peruvian food in a tiny restaurant. Very reasonably priced, very nice service. A friendly, informal place. I will definitely go again next time I'm in the area.

Visited July 2014
Juan Luis N, Owner at Sazon, responded to this review, September 11, 2014
Thank you very much for your positive review about your experience at Sazon, we really appreciated. Please spread the word with your friends and family about us, we're looking forward to serve you again. Happy summer. Regards, Sazon staff.

London, United Kingdom
“Great place for Peruvian Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

Ate dinner here recently - had the three mixed ceviches which are really good value and really tasty. Then shared the pork stew with white beans and rice the salad with ahi and avocado - both also excellent. Dessert was an alfajor with dulce de leche and the corn pudding with fruit - which turned out to be a kind of hot jam.. That I would not try again - not because it was bad but because it was just nothing special. good selection of wines and very attentive friendly well-informed service. This place is nothing to look at from the outside but is great for a low key dinner - well priced too.

• Visited August 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Santa Rosa, California
“Great for Ceviche”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

This small space is very authentic. They have an amazing selection of ceviches, and offer a tasting menu where you can try three different varieties. They also make great sandwiches with a Peruvian twist. On a recent Saturday lunch visit, they were offering an empanada special. Few things better than a good empanada, and these did not disappoint!

Visited August 2014
New York City, New York
“Huge Disappoinment!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

After having heard positive things, I was looking forward to a really good meal. I made a reservation, but the place was empty. I can see why. I guess that should have been my warning. The ceviche was really below average. It was a bit old, full of sinew, and made me quite nervous about eating it. Also the soy sauce was overpowering any other flavor, also worried me. I felt I was eating an old piece of nasty tuna cut in little pieces with soy sauce poured on it, not really ceviche. And, it was quite expensive, about $20.
Then, I followed recommendations, but found the food to be bland, overcooked, dry, and barely warm in temperature.

I would never return to this restaurant, and suggest you look elsewhere. Too expensive and not to my liking. Very nice staff though not much use.

Visited August 2014
Juan Luis N, Owner at Sazon, responded to this review, September 11, 2014
I feel very sorry about your experience at our place, please next time to pass by Santa Rosa ask for me Juan Luis Navarro (owner) and I'll compliment one entry on me. Enjoy the rest of summer. Regards Sazon staff.
New York City, New York, USA
“Hidden gem”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

Best empanadas I've ever had.
Not fancy but wonderful food. The te lapis in the ceviche tasted as if it had been caught 10 min before it was served. The cookies with dolce de le he positively melt in your mouth.

• Visited July 2014