“Mostly Good. The noise was a deal breaker.” 3 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Quality Inn and Suites Santa Rosa Wine Country to your Saves list
Quality Inn and Suites Santa Rosa Wine Country
Quality Inn and Suites Santa Rosa Wine Country
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3000 Santa Rosa Ave., Santa Rosa, CA 95407 (Formerly Pacific Inn and Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #22 of 26 Hotels in Santa Rosa
West Sacramento
“Mostly Good. The noise was a deal breaker.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

Starting from the beginning. The neighborhood does leave something to be desired, I recall my husband and I making note of the fact that we have an alarm on our car, "so it should be fine." There was ample parking and the hotel staff was great. Check in was quick and easy, and the staff was very friendly. The room was clean with the exception of a few hairs on the bathroom floor that didn't belong to my husband or I. The bed was very comfortable and I am sure if it weren't for the noise we would have slept well (more on that later). This hotel was perfectly acceptable for all reasonable purposes. However, that being said, I didn't get the excited - "yay we're traveling" feeling I usually get when traveling and walking into our room for the first time, those who know what I'm talking about may feel the same. My husband and I THINK we pinned it down to the layout of the room. The tones in the room are also very warm (gloomy) and the lighting could be better, although not the best, still not a deal breaker. The bathroom is small and counter space is limited, the shower pressure is good to very good. The lobby coffee was pretty weak, but I understand that not everyone likes really strong coffee like we do, and there is a Starbucks just a couple of minutes down the road if you really need your fix. The breakfast wasn't bad. There was the usual muffins, cereal, instant oatmeal, milk, juice... additionally there was sausage, waffles and COLD hard boiled eggs. Now, despite the imperfection, I wouldn't say based just on this, that we wouldn't stay here again, however, sadly, there is a reason we will not be staying here again. You see, this hotel is very near "Wine Country" and throughout the night we were woken by what I can only assume was drunk tourists bobbing down the halls carrying on. Then there was what I'm sure was a marathon runner doing exercises in the room above us. Now I do realize that what the other guests do is beyond the control of the hotel, I do not fault them for that, but the walls and ceiling are so thin that it was impossible to get a good nights sleep, and that is the responsibility of the hotel. We will be looking for another place to stay during our next ziplinging adventure.

Room Tip: If possible get an upstairs room and bring ear plugs.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Roger P, General Manager at Quality Inn and Suites Santa Rosa Wine Country, responded to this review, March 15, 2014
We are very pleased with all the nice comments you made about our hotel. We are sorry about any noise issues you had while staying here. We do try our best to keep a quiet hotel for all our guests. We thank you again for taking the time to take our survey.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Santa Rosa, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

My husband, four month old son, and I stayed in this hotel for about two weeks and though the reviews were worrisome it was actually a very good stay. It certainly isn't in the greatest of areas in Santa Rosa, but it isn't back alley ghetto. We at first were placed in a regular room with two queen beds, which was not going to work. We went to the front desk after our very late check-in and informed them that we needed a larger suite with a kitchenette and instantly they gave us a queen suite with a kitchenette on the first floor. Before giving it to us they did let us know that it was next to the maintenance room so it could be noisy, but we were fine with that. They let us use their cart to move everything into the room. When we went to use the safe in the room it had an error so my husband went to the front desk to let them know and within 10 minutes they were in their fixing it. The rooms are a bit worn but we did not have any tears, stains, trash, holes, or any type of problems with the furniture or room. The shower never ran out of hot water and had good pressure. There was a dumpster outside of the hotel that worked for our take-out dinners we were having and there was never anyone lurking around the parking lot or any sign of hookers as some have seen. The walls are not as noise proof as would be preferred, but the only noise we heard was the maintenance room door being opened (which they already warned us of and we were okay with it) and the next door someone snoring excessively loud that didn't wake any of us up. The AC/Heat works perfectly and the TV is HD quality. They have breakfast every morning which consists of: mini muffins, bread for toast, a waffle maker, boiled eggs, sausage, cereal, coffee, OJ, milk, and fruit. I was also very pleased with housekeeping because when we checked out of the hotel days later we realized the $600 ring my husband bought me for Valentine's Day was missing. We called the hotel and they had it there and ready for pick up. We decided to take them a box of See's chocolates and a thank-you card and after dropping it off and getting back into the car the owner came out to let us know that the chocolates would go to the housekeeper who found it and not the entire hotel staff, which I thought was very kind of him to let us know because he did not have to.

We can't comment on the monetary value of our stay because my husband's company paid for our stay, but overall it wasn't a bad stay for the area or type of motel.

Room Tip: First floor rooms are easily accessible due to no elevator.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Roger P, General Manager at Quality Inn and Suites Santa Rosa Wine Country, responded to this review, February 28, 2014
Thank you for all the wonderful comments about our hotel. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay and we are also pleased to hear how satisfied you were with our staff. We appreciate you taking the time to answer the survey. Thank you again.
Pismo Beach, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

Although staying only one night at this property, I couldn't wait to leave as soon as I arrived. Overall, it was a very unpleasant experience. I have to admit I found it to be one of the cheapest properties in Santa Rosa, but when will I learn to just pay a few more dollars for a step up. Although not the worst of the worst, this property reminds a traveler why to do that.
Driving in, you already know it is ghetto, from its location on South Santa Rosa Avenue. I think there were some hookers and drug deals right outside. Checking in was a very cold and depressing experience. I was given a room upstairs at the end, and realized there was no elevator. The main lobby door scraped on the concrete floor and hurt my ears - every trip in to load and unload for the visit since it was the only entrance.The common area stairs and carpet were very worn and dirty and seemed Motel 6 style. The room itself was very empty. A flat screen TV was nice, but the bed was turned the wrong direction and awkward. A strong AC/heater unit kept me warm all night, but noise from my neighbors - both to the side and above/below kept me up all night. Very thin walls and door crack at the bottom, I heard a few fights in the same hall that night.
I hate to rate so poorly, but it is my duty to warn my fellow travelers of these types of properties. My overall advice is if you are looking for the cheapest possible dollar accommodations with limited services, this works. I found an amazing deal on Priceline, though I booked blindly. If I could do it again, I would pay more to stay somewhere else.
Now despite my review, I am grateful and thank the hotel for providing me a bed during my moment of need - which is exactly what it did.

Cheers!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Roger P, General Manager at Quality Inn and Suites Santa Rosa Wine Country, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
I would like to apologize for your dissatisfaction with our hotel. I have read over your comments and will look into your complaints to see how we can remedy the items you were not happy with. I am happy you were able to find some pleasure with some details such as the flat screen T.V. and A/C and heating unit. Thank you for taking the time to do the survey.
Victoria, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

The ad in Hotelcoupons.com says $69/night, but when you get to the hotel, you discover that is only for "handicapped" rooms. The regular room is $79 and really for the level of room and service is overpriced by $20. The room was dark, carpets were dingy, though it was supposed to be a "suite" with sink, etc., there was not a single dish, mug, soap or towel to be had.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for the weekend and it was the most horrible experience ever. Our toilet ran all night, motion sencor light went on and off all hours of the night, walls super thin we heard our neighbors all night long talk about trucks and construction. We asked the staff to fix the light and toilet and they never did. We had to take the light bulb out and the light fixture completely fell out and hit us in the head. Then when we went to check out they told us they can't make any changes to the bill. It was a horrible experience. The maintance man told us that we could have our bill adjusted and that never happened. Do NOT STAY HERE!!!

• Stayed January 2014
San Bernardino, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013 via mobile

Got a great rate on Priceline. Clean. Pet friendly. Coffee horrible go up the street to McDonald. Walls thin. Should have a doggie poo poo bag dispenser out front since some inconsiderate pet owners let their pets poo at the front door. Staff very nice. Clean linen. Housekeeping prompt. Good locations to stores, nice view of hills, and near freeways.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Topeka, Kansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

We normally stay in the Choice hotel chain that way we can accumulate enough points for rewards. This hotel however was a great disappointment. They touted a great breakfast but other then having good sausage links they have nothing compared to other choice hotels.

Our room, had one electrical outlet that was reachable shy of the one clock and only working light was plugged into. The second outlet was over 6 feet up and 2 feet in above the closet they had in the room. No way to reach. The walls of the room are beyond thin and the staff here did nothing to control noise. Last 2 nights we had people in halls knocking on doors over and over, talking extremely loud, in out around and about until 1 and 2 am respectively. Yes we were on the 1st floor 50 feet or so from front desk. Obviously the night person at the hotel did NOT care. Last night I almost went up to complain but did not want to cause some sort of retaliation from the noisemakers. Also, Bed was Not comfortable either.

Ultimately, we will Never stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Quality Inn and Suites Santa Rosa Wine Country? Share your experiences!