“Where to start??” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #21 of 26 hotels in Santa Rosa
Santa Rosa, California
“Where to start??”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

Great stay can not find anything to complain about, wish there was a pool but that is it. That Rebekah lady at the front is the icing on the cake if I had a problem she fixed it as soon as possible, with absolutely no issues! Overall the hotel is a great location, close to the mall and other shopping areas. Minutes from downtown but just far enough to be away from crime. Upon check in the bathrooms were spotless the room looked tidy and smelt great. I have never had a problem with finding a parking spot, there are plenty open. Whenever mail comes in the front desk promptly calls the receiving party to inform them that they have mail. I have read a couple average to negative reviews on here and I can not figure out why. I have never experienced any rude staff members or bad odors. Its a clean, friendly, safe hotel.I recommend this place I have had nothing but a positive experience here. Only improvements I would recommend would be to hire more employees like Rebekah she really knows her stuff and makes all the guests feel like they are at home. Come stay here!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Santa Rosa - North, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Thank you for your great review of our property. I am pleased to hear that the location of our hotel was ideal for your stay. We strive to provide exceptional customer service, so I am very pleased to hear that Rebekah and our staff provided our standard of service. Also, it is great that you found your guest room and our overall hotel to be clean and comfortable. I will be sure to let the staff know of your kind words regarding our hotel and service.

29 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Ballwin, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

Upon checking in the clerk said we were on the third floor, that they had smoking rooms on this floor but ours was not a smoking room. Yes, as we walking down the floor smoke was evident, entering room none until we used the bathroom which must share the ventiation system via fan from other rooms. Also had to think smoke entered thru air conditioner. Would suggest they keep a separate floor for smokers. Personal was good except when we wanted to checked out Monday morning 8/26 at 7:15 am none to be found. Asked the day before if someone would be there to check out and they assured me there would be someone. Room was very large with king bed, very nice, kitchen ok, coffee in lobby quite good.

Room Tip: If smoke bothers you, ask for floor of non smoking on entire floor. Would like to think they could s...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Santa Rosa - North, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Sue - Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am sorry to hear that you noticed a smoke odor in the hotel hallways as well as your room and that our staff was not available to check you out. At this time, our maintenance staff is working to eliminate the smell and will keep your recommendations in mind as we continue to ensure our smoking rooms do not affect those staying in our non-smoking ones. As well, I am reviewing responsibilities with the front desk staff to ensure they are visible throughout the day.

Thank you again for providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at srn@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.
Broomfield, Colorado, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Overall, we would likely return. The pull out sofa bed was horrendous, leaving our son to sleep on the floor. The cooling system was great, however, I feel it would better serve tenants if the bed(room) furniture were in that back area and the living space furniture were in the front area off the kitchen. Try it!
The hotel was way too under staffed for being completely booked. The poor manager was stuck trying to tend to everything from maintenance issues to fresh towels, to arrivals. I felt bad. Our fridge did not work. This, of course, becomes known to us AFTER we stock it and leave for the day. We were reimbursed for all the spoilage, in cash!
The manager removed the fridge and replaced it with a working one, herself!!
This does not show much professionalism as to the hotel nor does it show that the hotel has their customers best interest in mind.
Beef up your staff, require front desk staff to dress professionally and leave dish soap in the kitchenettes, so that the tenants don't have to leave all their dirty dishes for your already short staff. ;-)

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Santa Rosa - North, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am sorry to hear that the sofa bed in your room was unclean and that the refrigerator did not work properly. Still, I am very glad that our Manager was able to remedy the situation by reimbursing you for spoilage and replacing the fridge in a timely manner.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate your survey. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at srn@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
San Francisco, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We arrived at the hotel around 1:30pm. Because our confirmation email didn't list when the check-in time was, so we decided to try and check in. The front desk person, Marla, was very ill mannered and unhelpful. She told us very rudely that the check in time was not until 3. When we told her we were pressed for time to attend a wedding that afternoon and very politely asked her if there was any possibility we would be accommodated, she started being very defensive and told us there was no chance. When we returned at 3, another person (Rebekah) was extremely polite and helpful; however, when Rebekah was assisting with our check-in process, Marla kept interrupting us asking her how to clean one of the facilities and also if Rebekah had clocked her (Marla) out yet. We were all very uncomfortable with the situation.

Again, the next morning when we came down for the grab and go breakfast, while we were standing there deciding what to get, Marla started bringing everything into the staff breakroom. Even when we were getting some coffee, she took the tray with the creamers and sweeteners into the breakroom. We had to ask for permission to get them in there. After we were done, while walking down the hallway, I could hear her slam the breakroom door.

Overall, it was a very bad experience. I would not stay in any of your Extended Stay hotels and/or recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Santa Rosa - North, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. The attitude you described is certainly not acceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. In response to your feedback, I am talking to each front desk staff regarding the importance of being attentive to the guests' needs and making the guests feel more at home. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me directly at srn@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013 via mobile

When we asked if we could check in early, as weary travellers are wont to do and are usually accommodated, the front desk clerk laughed in my face. This set the tone for a poor visit. The room was fine - the freezer was filthy and someone else's personal belongings were left, but we weren't cooking and it didn't affect us. In the morning when attempting to shower, I found no shampoo or conditioner. I called guest services, who rudely announced the hotel doesn't carry conditioner and I would have to get shampoo from the desk. I just showered with bar soap and got out of that hotel as quickly as possible. NOT worth $120 a night. Rudest staff I have ever eencountered in all my days of travelling.

• Stayed June 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Santa Rosa - North, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I sincerely apologize that our staff did not communicate to you properly that we do offer some amenities behind the front desk for guests to enjoy upon request. As well, I am truly sorry that our staff did not attend to your needs appropriately during your stay. Using your review as an example, I am coaching our staff on how to provide better customer service moving forward.

Thank you again for providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at srn@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.
Murphys, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I booked this hotel online through Expedia's "blind booking" in order to get a better rate. We were only there one night and had no need for the kitchen services, so I can't comment on that. The room was dark, smelled like a mixture of old cigarette smoke and boiled cabbage (a non-smoking room). There was hair in the sink and we kept our shoes on as the carpet looked disgusting. We had to ask for shampoo etc at the front desk. In the hallway lay a dirty sppon and piece of food - which remained throughout our stay. In the elevator lay a dirty rag - which also remained untouched. The accommodations provided motivation to go explore the area as we avoided our room as much as possible. They had a "grab and go" breakfast which was okay - but the woman supplying it was so horribly sick with a bad cold, that we didn't go near it. We won't be back.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Santa Rosa - North, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I sincerely apologize that you found your room to be unclean and had a slight odor of smoke. To prevent this from happening again, I am working with our housekeeping staff to improve our cleaning procedures and inspection policies. Still, I am pleased to know that you enjoyed the location of our hotel and the area surrounding it.

I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at srn@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

Been to Extended Stay America - Santa Rosa - North? Share your experiences!