“Super rude staff” 3 of 5 stars

Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #20 of 26 Hotels in Santa Rosa
“Super rude staff”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013 via mobile

When we asked if we could check in early, as weary travellers are wont to do and are usually accommodated, the front desk clerk laughed in my face. This set the tone for a poor visit. The room was fine - the freezer was filthy and someone else's personal belongings were left, but we weren't cooking and it didn't affect us. In the morning when attempting to shower, I found no shampoo or conditioner. I called guest services, who rudely announced the hotel doesn't carry conditioner and I would have to get shampoo from the desk. I just showered with bar soap and got out of that hotel as quickly as possible. NOT worth $120 a night. Rudest staff I have ever eencountered in all my days of travelling.

• Stayed June 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Santa Rosa - North, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I sincerely apologize that our staff did not communicate to you properly that we do offer some amenities behind the front desk for guests to enjoy upon request. As well, I am truly sorry that our staff did not attend to your needs appropriately during your stay. Using your review as an example, I am coaching our staff on how to provide better customer service moving forward.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Murphys, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I booked this hotel online through Expedia's "blind booking" in order to get a better rate. We were only there one night and had no need for the kitchen services, so I can't comment on that. The room was dark, smelled like a mixture of old cigarette smoke and boiled cabbage (a non-smoking room). There was hair in the sink and we kept our shoes on as the carpet looked disgusting. We had to ask for shampoo etc at the front desk. In the hallway lay a dirty sppon and piece of food - which remained throughout our stay. In the elevator lay a dirty rag - which also remained untouched. The accommodations provided motivation to go explore the area as we avoided our room as much as possible. They had a "grab and go" breakfast which was okay - but the woman supplying it was so horribly sick with a bad cold, that we didn't go near it. We won't be back.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Santa Rosa - North, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I sincerely apologize that you found your room to be unclean and had a slight odor of smoke. To prevent this from happening again, I am working with our housekeeping staff to improve our cleaning procedures and inspection policies. Still, I am pleased to know that you enjoyed the location of our hotel and the area surrounding it.

I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at srn@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.
Northern California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

This hotel is immaculate--the room, the lobby and hallways, and the grounds are all beautifully kept.

My room was very comfortable...full size refrigerator, 2-burner stovetop, coffee maker, toaster, microwave, large flat-screen TV, even a water purifier on the kitchen sink. The bed was very comfortable with a generous pile of pillows. Best of all, it was spotless. (I dropped an ice cube under the toe kick in the kitchen, went searching for it...found the ice cube but not a speck of dust.)

The lobby is small but adequate, and the exterior is landscaped beautifully, with lots of trees, shade, grassy areas.

The manager and staff were warm and welcoming, happy to answer questions and make sure we had everything we needed.

I'll definitely stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: If you're traveling with a canine friend, you might want a room on the first floor or near the e...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Jan - Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm glad that you found our hotel to be very clean and beautifully landscaped. As well, it is so great to know that your room was comfortable, you enjoyed all of the amenities we had to offer and you liked our friendly, helpful staff. It was a true pleasure having you stay with us!

Thank you again for your review of Santa Rosa North its nice to hear positive feedback. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Bath
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

Best thing was the full sized refrigerator, stove top, kitchen sink, microwave. Few cooking utensils (not a lot). Comfortable bed. Not too much noise. Breakfast had oranges, apples, Quaker granola bars, oatmeal packets, coffee, tea, packaged muffins-- I usually skipped it and cooked in my room. Worst thing was smoking around all entrances, occasionally came into non smoking hall. OK jogging on the bike path and in the neighborhoods up the hill. I'd stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm so pleased to hear that having the full-size refrigerator and the stove-top was helpful for you. Still, I am sorry for the slight smoke odor in the halls. Our maintenance staff is currently working to eliminate this issue.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

No room service. Supplied breakfast is a joke. No front desk staff almost never. So no one to speak with. I had to wait 15 minutes alone in the lobby for anyone to show up to check me in. Then a non English speaking sleepy lady pushed several sets of keys to me for me to ID mine.
Not a good place to stay

• Stayed April 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am sorry to hear that you had to wait to be checked-in to our hotel. As well, I am very disheartened that you did not enjoy the grab-and-go breakfast we provide each morning and that our staff did not inform you of our cleaning policies. Please know, we offer housekeeping once a week for guests staying more than 8 nights. Guests can request cleaning in between this or for shorter stays, for an additional small fee.

Thank you again for providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at srn@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.
Rancho Cucamonga, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Booked and stayed in this hotel upon recommendation...., Never Again! This facility is nothing more than a multi-story "Trailer Park". There is no daily "Housekeeping". If you want "housekeeping", you must pay extra. All amenities have a cost factor. "Continental Bkfst" consists of one coffee urn in the lobby, day old muffins from "Smart and Final", and fresh fruit that was fresh a week ago. Lobby closes approx. 10PM and opens approx. 8AM the following morning. There is no receipt provided upon check-out. I highly advise to "STAY AWAY" from this facility.

Room Tip: Another Hotel!!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am so disappointed that you did not have a good stay. Please accept my apology. In response to your feedback, I am making sure that my front desk explains everything upon check in . Thank you again for providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at srn@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.
Willits
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

The room we had was on the second floor in back away from traffic. Stayed three nights just for R&R, and went to Safari West which is nearby. Our room was clean, nicely decorated with a great little kitchen to fix breakfast and evening snacks. The kitchen had a stove, microwave, refrigerator, and sink.... no dishwasher or oven which was not a problem for us. We did purchase a few items such as paper towels, dish soap, sponge, and hair shampoo. They have a run & go breakfast.. but is mostly package processed food, and we brought our food anyway. We were not disturbed by other people nearby. Great Wifi was a treat for us. The place has a good parking lot with several secure doors to enter the building, and is easy to get on and off the freeway for traveling around the area. All in all we had a very pleasant stay.

Room Tip: rooms on top floor and in back are quieter
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Extended Stay America - Santa Rosa - North? Share your experiences!