“Moderate Hotel” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #20 of 26 hotels in Santa Rosa
Bayan Lepas, Malaysia
“Moderate Hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

The furniture was pretty old and the room has a depressing feeling. On the first night , i was given a room right in front of the lift and it was terrible. I couldn't sleep whole night as i could hear the lift door open and close. Worst part is in the room , i found a sock from the previous hotel guest .
Overall is ok but if given a chance i wont want to stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Ali R, Manager at Extended Stay America - Santa Rosa - North, responded to this review, April 7, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am sorry to hear that you found a sock from previous guest. To prevent this from happening again, my team is checking twice to make sure they get everything. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention.

If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at srn@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.

28 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Campbell, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

This is a very reasonably-priced room that is located just South of the Russian River wine region.

It is about 15 minutes from Healdsburg and 10 from downtown Santa Rosa.

The Hilton nearby has a very nice restaurant for breakfast or after dinner drinks.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Ali R, Manager at Extended Stay America - Santa Rosa - North, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm glad that the price was reasonable for you and that our location is convenient for visiting local wineries. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.
Alameda, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

The newly remodeled rooms are great. Clean, comfortable and great to have a little kitchen to fix meals in. This time there were no pots and pans in the room, but the front desk clerk was quick to hand me a new set with dishwashing packets too! when I told them about the lack.
I stayed two nights, friday and Saturday. Friday was quiet by nine at night and stayed that way. I am here working locally at 7 a.m. so I need the quiet night experience. Saturday was a different story. Sounded like elephants stomping on the floor above me from 2 am to 4. I called the front desk around three. The man answered quickly and said he would take care of it. The music did stop fairly quickly. the running and stomping came to a slower halt.
House keeping did not clean my room either.
My other complaint would be that the non smoking room smelled strongly of chemicals probably used to cover up the smell of someone smoking in it. I aired it out for awhile and this helped.
Probably try to avoid this place on my next stay in the area.

Room Tip: upstairs. non smoking. request quietest area
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Ali R, Manager at Extended Stay America - Santa Rosa - North, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you like the newly remodeled rooms and that the front desk agent was able to solve your problem quickly. I apologize for the smoky smell and noise in your room.

santa rosa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

the worst possible experience...accommodations were poor in quality, lighting depressing like it was from an old bus station, horrible long-term squatting tenants or whatever they were, funny smells, possible gang activity in parking lot with no ground security...just awful

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Ali R, Manager at Extended Stay America - Santa Rosa - North, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I am so disappointed that you had a bad experience. Please accept my apology. To prevent this from happening again, my team is making sure they look, listen, and respond to guest needs.

I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. I invite you to contact me at srn@extendedstay.com if you have any additional comments. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.
Boonville, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

This was my second stay here in less than a year. This time they have completed the remodel that was in progress last time. The new wall-mounted thermostatic controls for the heating/cooling is a huge improvement that allowed me to create the perfect day and night temps for my stay. The only improvement I'd suggest is the addition of an extra blanket stored on a shelf or in a drawer for folks like me who really like to sleep under more than one blanket. However, the new temp controls allowed me to create the perfect temp for sleeping with just the single lightweight blanket provided. It was a warmish night so I didn't request an extra blanket from staff, but I'm positive they would've given me one had I asked for it.
The staff seems excellent and the front desk ladies were both very pleasant to interact with as well as being atttractive women. I'll have no hesitation recommending this hotel to anyone and will look forward to my next stay there when I need to overnight in Santa Rosa..
An added bonus is Trader Joe's has a store just across Hwy 101, a 3-5 minute drive or a ten minute walk, if one wants the exercise. This was so convenient! It enabled me to have an excellent home-made dinner and breakfast without much extra effort. I totally forgot there was a grab'n go breakfast so can't comment on that.

Room Tip: If you sign up for email notices of specials, then you can occasionally book rooms at a good discoou...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Ali R, Manager at Extended Stay America - Santa Rosa - North, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Thank you for your great review of our property. It's great to hear that our new the wall mounted thermostat made your stay more comfortable!

I'm also glad to hear that the staff is always friendly and attentive. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon..
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013 via mobile

This extended stay is a nice, clean place to stay. The rooms are newly renovated and are far more comfortable the your average hotel room. The area has many stores close byand is easilly accessed after exiting the free. Any honest review would say that to label this a 1 star hotel is to greatly underate the establishment and its friendly staff.

• Stayed January 2013
Ali R, Manager at Extended Stay America - Santa Rosa - North, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I appreciate the fact that you feel we are underrated.

It’s great to hear that you like our newly renovated room and feel that our location is convenient for you! Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.
Santa Rosa, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

we stayed for a week.the staff was very accommadating,and sincerely went out of there way to make sure our stay was comfortable.since there renovations,the hotel has a fresh new look and is located in a great part of santa rosa.this is the second stay and i wouldnt go any where else in sonoma county.with the rooms also getting a facelift this hotel is a step up on the surrounding competition

Room Tip: choose a corner room and you wont be dissappointed
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Ali R, Manager at Extended Stay America - Santa Rosa - North, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm thrilled that you noticed the fresh new look to our hotel, and that you choose to stay with us each time you are in Sonoma County.

Thank you again for sharing you experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Been to Extended Stay America - Santa Rosa - North? Share your experiences!