“An amazing start to the day, with solid food” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Worth Our Weight (W.O.W.)

Worth Our Weight (W.O.W.)
1021 Hahman Dr, Santa Rosa, CA 95405-6930
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Seattle, Washington
“An amazing start to the day, with solid food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013 via mobile

We came in for brunch, and the 6 of us enjoyed our meals, and walked away feeling good. I had a very well prepared eggs benedict, yum. I understand that the restaurant trains young adults and teens, who experience significant hardship or adversity, culinary skills and food service training. The food was good, the service was great, and when I'm in town next, I plan on stopping by. At the end of the meal, you are given an envelope to pay what you would like (like a donation), so make sure to bring cash or check. Overall, outstanding experience.

Visited May 2013

Stockton, California
“A stop worth finding!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

We had the pleasure of finding this quint, hard to find, culinary special restaurant. This restaurant employees students who are getting first hand education in the art of cooking, serving and presentation of brunch specialties. The service and food were very good. The hours of operation are only Saturday 9-2 and Sundays 9-1. Recommend you call ahead to make reservations as space is limited. Charges are a donation based on the customer perception of quality of food, presentation and service. I would recommend this stop to anyone passing through Santa Rosa.

Southern Oregon
“A Dream Come True.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

I've wanted to be a part of the WOW legacy and I finally got my chance! The students cooking and serving were SO polite and kind. The food was simple and authentic. We were humbled to donate the cost of our food - they don't charge prices. They allow you to decide what to give.

There are cooks on this globe with dying passions for their work; they should meet and eat at WOW to rekindle the fire.

Best breakfast I've had outside of my own home in years.

Go and give them a huge donation so they can keep up the incredible program!

Visited November 2012
San Jose, California
“Don't miss this place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Here's the bottom line: the food is excellent. Even if you don't get the part about helping these once-troubled but deserving youth to find a career path in the culinary arts, you just have to try this place. Service is great, food is great and you decide how much it was worth as your bill is 100% up to you to decide upon when you're done.

But if you do have a soul and want to add some good karma to your portfolio, you'll get even more satisfaction in knowing that your meal donation was something that was going towards helping these youths to find a better path in life. I would eat here every week if I could.

Visited October 2012
Santa Rosa, California
“People Helping People and serving good food too...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

This place is a learning school, a place where at risk kids can learn a skill, and find pride in their daily life. And most of these kids have a great passion for learning something that will help them move forward in their lives. There is no set pricing, it's pay what you will...to this non-profit teaching experience.

LindySez: It's good food, and a good community out-reach program.

Visited May 2012