“Poor Service and Atmosphere” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Tex Wasabi's

Tex Wasabi's
515 4th St, Santa Rosa, CA 95401 (Formerly Tex Wasabi's Rock-N-Roll Sushi )
(707) 544-8399
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
GLENMOORE
“Poor Service and Atmosphere”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

As a big fan of Guy Fieri's, we were excited to try this place during a recent visit to Sonoma County. We got off to a bad start as the bartender ignored us sitting at the bar until I waved at her. They have a nice selection of microbrews and premium whiskeys, however the prices were really high - $19+ for a Stella draft and a Knob Creek. At dinner, the bad service continued. Our server forgot one of the items we ordered and never realized it. During dinner, at an adjacent table, other patrons were playing some kind of drinking game that requires push ups to be done. We are all for fun, but there is a time and place, and a restaurant is not the place. We also were not offered dessert or coffee after the meal, we just got our check without having requested it. The shame of it was that the food we had was good and was a good value. The place appears to be poorly managed and can't figure out if it is a bar or a restaurant.

• Visited April 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

51% Recommend
Kelso, Washington
“Once again”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

Once again this place delivers. Sushi is fantastic and the staff was great. We had a new waitress and she did wonderful. They don't mind if the kids are rowdy. They where great the first time and great second time. Very consistent. Oh and if you like spicy go with the dragon roll.

Visited April 2013
North Hills
“Enter with an open mind”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

Just because it has Guy Fieri's name on it, doesn't necessarily mean it's going to be excellent. With an open mind, I dropped in for a late afternoon bite. My intention was to have a nice, cold beer and a small tidbit to hold me over until dinner.

After checking out the menu, I decided on a glass of pale ale and some fish tacos. Bottom line: the beer was cold and the tacos were very good. I think I need to come back and try some of the other items on the menu next time. I can honestly say, after my first visit, it was very good.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Fremont, California
“Fun Place To Go - Good Bar Area; Large Menu”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

This is a great place close to the university area of Santa Rosa. They have good food; a good bar menu. The restaurant is owned by Guy Fieri of FOOD TV (Diners, Drive-In and Dives) fame. The service is good; the vibe is lively but friendly; and a fun place to go.

The only odd thing about it is that if you come after 10:00 they card you late at night just to enter the restaurant ....even if you look over 21....

This restaurant is worth going to and fun....if in the Santa Rosa area.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Looks like a perfect place for a GNO!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

Even though there were many eateries to chose from, we are definitely fans of Guy Fieri. Of course this place was a MUST for our Santa Rosa visit.

The menu had plenty to offer. We love sushi and they had a good variety. We chose a tradition California Crunchy, the ribs and a J*ck*ss Roll. (Tripadvisor won't let me put a profanity in my review, hahahahaha!). Please read the menu and fill in the word.

The ribs ere yummy, just wish they serve BBQ sauce on the side. The J*ck*ss Roll would be perfect for someone who doesn't like seafood. We tried partly for its name. It had basically had rice and chicken. Loved the tempura treatment on the Caflornia Crunchy.

Atmosphere was fun! Music was playing and each TV had a different channel. We had the best seat, upstairs looking over the bar, entrance and 1st floor tables. My daughter and I browsed through the menu while waiting before our food was served. There's definitely more items that require us to visit again. We were entertained by the bartender hitting the gong every time a "bowla" was made! Pretty funny.

I want to go back and bring my girlfriends there for some fun, more food items and "bowla" or two.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere