“Buonissimo” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Santa Rosa, California
“Buonissimo”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

Ran across this restaurant on yelp and went with my husband last night to give it a try! So so good... Mussels were delicious for a starter. I had the pappardelle con chinghialle -and my husband had chicken Marsala. Eccelente! Wine was great too and the service is outstanding. Hard to believe I've never heard of this little gem! The owner was so gracious as he filled my wine glass on the house! We'll be back

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Santa Rosa, California
“Average Food in a Friendly Setting”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

This restaurant can be hard to find on your first visit, buried in a shopping center. The staff is terrific, and everyone seems genuinely happy to see you. It's a family setting and the noise level is high, but friendly. The food is good, but not outstanding. My wife and I each had a pasta dish. The presentation was good and the portions were hearty. The quality of the cooking was just average, but quite edible. The caesar salad was fresh and excellent. It's a nice place.

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“So good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

Yes from the outside you would never imagine the great food that is produced. Inside, the staff goes out of its way to make you feel like family. I especially like the pesto with chicken. The house Merlot is delicious. I can easily say it's the best Italian food in northern California, couple with a kind staff who will make your meal experience golden. I live three hours from this restaurant but will day dream about it 24/7, any trip to the bay area includes stopping at trattoria cattaneo, even if it's a bit out of the way, mama mia it's paradise!

santa rosa,ca
“lots to like”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

This neighborhood hotspot serves wonderful Italian comfort food and apparently a lot of people know it. The place is packed. The noise level is very high. The atmosphere is forgettable. Its one of many businesses in a strip mall w/ ample parking in east santa rosa. Riccardo the host is a trip. Very gregarious and Italian he reminded me of sylvester stalone.
I had the linguini pomodora which was near perfect. Homemade linguini slightly too al dente for my tastes (hence the near in near perfect!) but otherwise wonderful. My wife enjoyed a pesto gnocchi. I tried it and it was very good. Our spinach salad and dessert an icecream coffee thing served in a latte type glass were OK tho not great. This is where I believe more attention should be paid. That said the entrees were so good and the prices so reasonable that it warrants the four stars. Lastly they have an unadvertised free corkage on sonoma county wines. This is a real draw for us. There wine list is small tho well thought out w/ an eclectic smattering of reasonably priced wines.

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
North Vancouver, Canada
“Hidden”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2014

This was our 4th visit in 3 years. The staff are great, very friendly and seem to know everyone. It must be a local hot spot.
The pasta is great, super salads. Caution the bread and their own special pesto gets us every time, don't fall trap and then be too full to eat your dinner...... however it is yummy.
Everything is homemade and delicious.

• Visited May 2014