“What a gem!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Long Beach, CA
“What a gem!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

Wow, from the moment we entered the restaurant, we fell in love with the place. There was a guy playing Italian favorites on an accordion (singing as well) and from what I could see, he had no microphone, although his voice carried nicely throughout the place. The atmosphere was so uniquely Italian that it brought tears to my eyes (and I'm not even Italian!). My husband had the Lasagna and there wasn't a speck left on his plate when he was done. I had the Veal Marsala, which was also very tasty. All in all, the place gives you a very warm, comfortable, like you're "at home" feeling. I wish we lived closer to Santa Rosa, because I would make this restaurant a "once a week" destination.

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

80% Recommend
Chino, California
“Mouth watering authentic homemade Italian!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I went here on a whim while doing a weekend getaway and we walked away pleasantly surprised. The family that runs the resturant is 3 generations into it and it shows they all have a vested interest inproviding you with the best food they know and grew up with.

The ambiance is wonderful not too dark but has a good taste or romantic Italian. The service was great and our glasses never went empty. The staff were extremely knowledgable of the menu and very attentive but not too much to interrupt our dinner.

We had the baked brie for an appetizer and it was very delicous with soft flaky crust and yummy brie inside. For the main courses we ordered the gnocci's and also something like a chicken marsala. You could taste the home made love that went into each and every bite. The gnoccis were soft so you knew they were fresh and the chicken was mouthwatering. We were too full to try their homemade desserts but next time were around this area we'll definately be coming back here.

Danville, CA
“Wonderful Homemade Italian Food at Great Value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

After a previous evening of very disappointing food, we had a wonderful experience at Nonni's. Serviced by family members, who aim to please, the portions are extremely large. I wish we would have ordered an individual first (the homemade soup was wonderful) and then share an entree (unless you like to bring it home).

Highly recommended by a foodie!

• Visited July 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Local Gem”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

Family owned, we were seated by the owner, son was our server and the owners wife roamed the restaurant making sure everyone was happy. Food was excellent and reasonably priced.

Visited May 2012
“Hidden Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2012

I loved the meal and service at this restaurant. It is small but lovely inside, comfortable yet elegant. The recorded music was set a level that enhanced my dining experience instead of intruding on it. The server recommended a really good local Chardonnay. My Caesar salad was perfect, as was the linguini with clams. And the dessert (I can't remember the name of it, but it was served in a glass with expresso, a scoop of ice cream, and lucious topping) is reason all by itself to visit this restaurant. The prices make Nonni's a very good value. I am not easily impressed, so five stars from me is saying a lot.

• Visited May 2012