“Just the right size” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #11 of 77 things to do in Santa Rosa
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Where the stars meet the vines, Wells Fargo Center for the Arts presents world-class performances in the heart of Sonoma wine country. Have an up-close and personal experience with your favorite headline entertainers and legendary performing artists in the Center’s intimate theater, where no seat is further than 75 feet from the stage. Year-round performances feature the world’s best music, dance, theater, comedy, family programs and speaker events.
Healdsburg, California
45 attraction reviews
“Just the right size”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2011

I just heard the Brahms Requiem here a few weeks ago. The acoustics are very good, and the space could be considered "intimate" compared to many concert venues which are huge

Mendocino, California
“Great Venue”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2010

A great venue, I have seen a number of shows at this theatre, ( formerly the Luther Burbank centre for the arts ). \

All the seats are great , although I would avoid the extreme left or right hand side of the stage. I've never been up in the balcony , I popped my head in once, and you have a good view of the stage.

Little tip : If there are lines for the bathroom go upstairs !

Since the Konocti Harbor closed, they now have a lot more top name acts. It's also right off the freeway, and parking is easy.

If you need a hotel, try the Best Western Garden Inn, ( about a 15 min drive from the theatre ), excellent place for the price and dog friendly, get a room furthest away from the main road if traffic noise is bothers you.

Ukiah, California
“Great Place to See Almost Anything”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2007

I have seen several shows at this venue over the years, the most recent being Rick Springfield on 8/4/2007. The seats are comfy, the ticket prices reasonable, and there really isn't a bad sight line in the place. They don't charge for parking, of which there is plenty available and the staff has always been competent, friendly and helpful. The only negative thing about the place (other than that horrible name change; it will always be Luther Burbank Center to me) is the small restrooms. Imagine my happiness when I saw during my last visit that they are enlarging them. If you're in the area and they are showing something of interest, I doubt you'll be disappointed with your experience.

A TripAdvisor Member
“Incredibly diverse programs for every taste, I loved it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2004

I didn't know what to expect, but I was thrilled to find a small contemporary art museum and a center with a variety of theatres. Each space was filled with some kind of event, from professional-quality and edgy theatre to amateur musicals to top entertainment acts. On three separate visits, I have seen St. Martin in the Fields, Jewel, and Wayne Brady. The main theatre is large and yet very close-in so you don't miss a thing. When I visit Santa Rosa, I always stop in and check out their events.