“Very pleasant six nights” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Palms Inn

You added Palms Inn to your Saves list
Palms Inn
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3345 Santa Rosa Ave., Santa Rosa, CA 95407 (Formerly Days Inn Santa Rosa)   |
Ranked #16 of 26 Hotels in Santa Rosa
Columbia City, Indiana
“Very pleasant six nights”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

I spent a very happy, pleasant 6 nights here. I was a little worried at check-in about all the people hanging around in the lot, and about the condition of the place. But every night was quiet and peaceful, the room was clean and smelled fresh, the staff were all very helpful and friendly, and I felt quite safe here by myself. The store attached to the lobby is a great perk - they have everything and not at inflated prices. The place is old, but there were people working all day on renovations and upkeep. (If you want 4-star ambience and location, you'll have to pay big for it elsewhere.) The location is not gorgeous, but it is right on the freeway and convenient to downtown and lots of shopping. I did not encounter any of the problems mentioned in other reviews. Overall, I was extremely comfortable and will use this hotel on my next visit.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the courtyard, and on the second floor.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Douglas L, Front Office Manager at Palms Inn, responded to this review, August 1, 2014
Thank you for your review, we are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again soon.
Front Office manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014 via mobile

I would def. Stay here again they go above and beyond for their customer's. Clean rooms comfortable bed and a hot breakfast. Also while I was here a lady called a cab after 4 mins they were still not there so the owner room her in his own car.

• Stayed July 2014
Thank you for the review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to see you again soon.
Camarillo, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

We searched online for a 'cheap hotel' - and found the Palms Inn. We should have known at check in when the desk attendant took over fifteen minutes to figure out how to use the software on the computer... Our room smelled stale and had hair in the shower. My husband used the iron in our room to iron his shirt just before we needed to leave for a wedding. The iron left big pale blue circular markings all over the shirt. I called the front desk immediately and was told 'I'll tell the manager'. When we checked out I brought the shirt to the desk and asked for the Palms to pay to have it cleaned - and if the circles don't come out - to replace the shirt. The gentleman at the desk - same guy that checked us in - told me "there's nothing we can do - we're not responsible for that. How are we supposed to know if there's something wrong with the iron?" I asked to talk to the manager - come on, take some responsibility - and the guy I was talking to was the manager!!!

Saving $20 on the room was in no way worth the frustration, lack of cleanliness, and frustration this stay caused for me.

I would highly recommend you look elsewhere for a place to stay.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

The rooms are big. The pool is big! I travel and stay at many hotels.. This is a good one at a great price. The grounds are big. My room has great light.. A big window at the door lets it in. Solid walls keep sound from others out. Very happy I've stayed here.

Room Tip: Get a room by the pool.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Thank you for the feedback. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay.
California - Monterey Peninsula
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

Based on some of reviews, it appeared to me that the property's shortcomings had been remedied but nothing could be further from the truth. Drunken laborers, prostitutes, beer bottles broken against my parked car, overloaded rooms (8 or more men per room) were just the start. The lock on my door would not work properly, the bathroom was awful. The tile was painted over (1) and peeling, there was curled up used soap in the tub, the tub also had been painted and was peeling, the carpets needed cleaning, the sheets and towels were badly stained (I'm hoping it was stains), when I turned down the covers, there was loose tobacco on the sheets, there was a small and very scuffed up cube refrig ON THE FLOOR that was frosted over with a TINY microwave on top, the air conditioner ( also on the floor) was not working and when a repair person showed up to get it working, he grinned at me (partially toothless) and said, "This is one of the better ones!" It is not safe, it is not clean, it is not up to any acceptable grade. The manager admonished me for not calling the night before when the "partying" was going on but did not seem to understand that with the folks who were there, their intoxication and the malfunctioning locks, I did not feel safe to do so and instead stayed inside my room and waited until the next morning. He refunded me the remaining two days and I left. He did NOT refund me the one night. In the lobby, I encountered others who had similar complaints and problems so my experience was not an anamoly. One person complained that the water in her room came out of the faucets green. Don't stay here!

Room Tip: No such thing as a good room - supposedly mine was, per the lobby attendant a "good room."
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

Service was great, thank you Ken!

For the price and location it was a good deal. They did their best to accommodate guests with a continental breakfast, but I feel they are a bit short staffed.

I was a bit concern with the bus pick-up/drop-off area outside the Hotel, people looked a bit sketchy. I traveled with kids and was concern, but everyone minded their business, people smiled and the stay was pleasant.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for the review. We are reviewing if the Greyhound stop on our property still fits well with our business model. Your feedback is appreciated.
Front Office manager
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

The rooms are big and for the price, not bad at all. My only complaint is their clientele. We arrived and there were several hotel rooms with people hanging outside smoking pot. It looked like they lived there. I don't feel safe letting my teenage daughter go to the car alone. It took about 30 minutes to check in with 2 people in front of me. I chalked it up to it just being check in time. But it took me 20 minutes to get a receipt when I checked out a day early. I've worked in a lot of hotels, and anything more than 10 minutes is ridiculous. The bar they advertise is closed. I even asked about it at check in. When my BF went to check it out someone told him it had been closed for 6 months. The pros? The towels are actually full size, the rooms were in good condition, large rooms, and the staff was pleasant. I wouldn't stay again unless they changed their target demographic.

• Stayed July 2014
Douglas L, Front Office Manager at Palms Inn, responded to this review, November 16, 2014
Thank you for your feedback and the review.

The people who "looked like they lived there" were seasonal laborers for harvest season. Due to how much of a negative impact they had on our hotel's reputation we asked them to leave. A different group of seasonal laborers will arrive next year for wine crush season, however this time we will have security guard on property to ensure they behave in the respectful manner to other guests, just like we expect of all guests in our hotel.

In regards to the bar, I apologize for the confusion regarding the bar that used to be here. I told our web designer to remove it from our website in the past, and was unaware she had not done so -- I will ensure that bit of misinformation is updated promptly.

Once again, I would like to thank you for staying with us and for leaving such an insightful review. If you do stay with us again, I am sure you would not only feel safer with our security guard keeping the seasonal laborers in check. But I believe you would find that our staff would be much better organized and better able to assist you with your needs in a prompt and timely fashion -- due to the additional training we have given our staff since your stay.
- Douglas S.M. Lum
Front Office Manager

Been to Palms Inn? Share your experiences!