“Great stay, money's worth!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Palms Inn

You added Palms Inn to your Saves list
Palms Inn
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3345 Santa Rosa Ave., Santa Rosa, CA 95407 (Formerly Days Inn Santa Rosa)   |
Ranked #16 of 26 Hotels in Santa Rosa
“Great stay, money's worth!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

I recently visited the Santa Rosa area for work purposes from London. The location was spot on, the local
Shops and night life close by. The staff were helpful upon arrival and throughout my stay. There was a convenience store situated in the actual hotel which was a bonus as it was open till mid hours off the morning . They
Also sold fresh cakes which were great:) had a wonderful stay overall!!

• Stayed January 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Alameda, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

My advice is not to stay at this hotel. I was pan handled by a man who then offered to buy ME a drink after I turned him down. Then first room I was offered was padlocked and I had to walk back to lobby to get another room key when I was already feeling scared and sorry I had booked this hotel on line. It was late at night and I was not sure where else to go.
I did stay the night. Room was average. Free breakfast in the morning was edible. Staff was pleasant and friendly.
Area and experience were not worth the cheap price.

Room Tip: Don't stay near the back area. Sketchy people hanging out at back of parking lot. Near lobby f...
Newport
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

I am not sure about the expectation of few of the negative reviewers. This is a small locally owned motel and not a 5 star hotel. For the price it is the most affordable hotel in Santa Rosa. Love the hospitality and very nice casual and helpful staff. This was my second visit and I have no regrets. BTW I am not related to hotel staff or employee of this hotel as one of the reviewer mentioned, this is not an astrotrough review. Just plain statement "An excellent choice for a value motel in Sonoma county"

Louisburg, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Great place for the money..clean,friendly..enjoyed stay...staff was friendly..pool clean and big..free breakfast was simple but good..would recommend unless need fancy place..good easy location..if yur looking7 for clean inexpensive place this is it.

california
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

Do not stay at this Motel. Any positive review of this establishment has clearly been written by ownership or staff. This was by far the dirtiest motel room I have ever slept in. Seedy neighborhood, seedy bar with seedy bar people attached to the motel itself. Homeless people, drug dealers and prostitutes roaming around. Leftover fingernail clippings on the bathroom counter, moldy pizza under the bed, hair in the sheets.... Need I say more. I realize it's tempting because of the price and difficulty in finding rooms in the area, but don't do it.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Douglas L, Front Office Manager at Palms Inn, responded to this review, August 30, 2014
I am sorry to hear that your stay was very displeasing back in 2012. I began working here in February of 2013, so I cannot speak for the hotel or of it's state back in 2012, but I can speak for it now.

I can assure you that the state of the hotel today is nothing like what you describe. We have a security guard overnight on the weekends because of the homeless people you mentioned. However, we both obey all local and federal laws, as well as work with local law enforcement. We have been doing that since I started here so I find it difficult to believe that open prostitution and drug deals were occurring on our property when the police would come in at random intervals to get free coffee from our market.

As per the quality of the rooms I highly doubt it was ever as bad as you describe. However, truth or not I can assure you that the quality of the rooms now have significantly improved compared to when I first began employment here. We've replaced the bed spreads and linens in most of our rooms, and have replaced the furniture in all of them. Our rooms are significantly nicer than they were at the start of 2013.

Again, I profuse apologize for our establishment not being able to meet your expectations. I still believe it wasn't as bad as you say but even if it wasn't, it clearly was not a good deal in your opinion and for that I am sorry on behalf of the current staff.
- Douglas Lum
Front Office Manager
Santa Rosa, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

I recently had the pleasure of staying at the Palms Inn for one week. The owners and staff were very hospitable and gracious. The Inn sits on a beautifully landscaped property with plenty of room to walk around or just sit and enjoy the outdoor scenery. My room was room was comfortable and tastefully remodeled. I also had the opportunity to watch a game at Reds recovery room sports bar which is also on the property. The Inn has a convinience store which is also on the property and was a plus for my stay. The hot breakfast is excellent and the room prices are very reasonable.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
I'm sincerely sorry it has taken us so long to respond to your review, but we appreciate you taking the time to leave us feedback. We still offer the hot breakfast, but unfortunately the sports bar has moved on, we have a Peruvian grill in it's stead. Still, the staff and I are extremely happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope you will decide to stay with us again soon.
- Douglas Lum
Front Office Manager
Calgary
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

First off, we were on day 10 of a 2 week road trip headed north back to Calgary. We knew we didn't want to stay in San Francisco as prices are higher so we drove an extra hour & stayed in Santa Rosa. It seemed like a nice place.
I want to quote everything "KatlinelR said, agree 100% with your review.
Also, regarding blueherring's review: they are "still" doing renovations(Sept 2012)
This hotel has got to be the worst I have stayed at. We booked the room on booking.com the day before arriving. When we arrived the gentleman at the front desk advised us they had not received our reservation but as we had a conf.# he agreed to the price we were quoted. He said he would give us a "nice room".He was very nice, the lobby was nice & they had a store attached for 7-11 type purchases.
Our room was facing the pool, top level, in building further from lobby. Apparently this building is the "nicer" rooms, because it faces the "garden & pool". It seemed nice until we walked in, felt very dirty & grimy. Our a/c unit was questionable, I was worried my better half would get electrocuted. We got it running however!
While unpacking the car, we met a women who told us she had been staying there of & on for 3yrs(my main question: WHY?) She was a tad sketchy....
Later in the evening while outside our room for a smoke, we met this lady again, she had 2 "things" in her hand (possibly vibrators)& was very happy to tell us she was going to party with some other hotel patrons.... If it wasn't so late I would have been tempted to go elsewhere.
The tv was shoddy at best; the wifi was terrible, you finally get logged on & get booted within 2 minutes.
We thought maybe a dip in the pool would be nice... It was freezing. Also there was a man(possibly maintenance) with a dog who sat by the pool. The dog was pooing pool side. No thanks.
I hate to be mean & have never really written a review like this but I had to. Even though we got the room for a decent price, PLEASE do yourselves a favour & do not stay here.
If they continue with the renovations & maybe change their clientele a tad, it may be nice in the future.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Fountaingrove Inn
#8 of 26 in Santa Rosa
4.0 of 5 stars 460 reviews
Hyatt Vineyard Creek Hotel and Spa

Been to Palms Inn? Share your experiences!