“You wont be disappointed!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 77 things to do in Santa Rosa
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Activities: Wine tasting
More attraction details
Owner description: Matanzas Creek Winery is a destination to enjoy the best of both rustic country charm and refined quality. Experience Bennett Valley AVA Chardonnay, Merlot, Sauvignon Blanc and Pinot Noir. Come to taste the unique Bennett Valley wines but stay and relax at our captivating estate grounds for the day. The spacious estate features an eclectic blend of native grasses, delicate olive trees, exotic perennials and our famed lavender fields. Tucked away from the noise but close enough for an afternoon jaunt. Bocci, picnic and self-guided tours.
Latham, NY
57 attraction reviews
“You wont be disappointed!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

This was our first stop in wine country and we're so glad we stopped. I think this was my favorite! The staff was knowledgeable and friendly, we had 6 tastings for the cost of $5. The wines were delicious, though the bottle purchases seemed to be a little overpriced. The grounds were amazing, be sure to stop by the barrel fountain, you might be able to catch the hummingbirds, bathing and drinking. The lavender fields were not in bloom when we visited, but you can just picture how stunning it is when they are in bloom. The winery itself looks like a tree house, its very unique winery amongst the rest in terms of the grounds, both my husband and I felt. It was more country and felt more intimate then several others that we had visited. Dont forget to try a grape right off the vine, no worries here no pesticides being used, organic is the name of the game here.

Visited October 2012

Truckee, CA
31 attraction reviews
“We went for the garden”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

Very impressive gardens, the lavender had already been harvested, but the grasses and fall color were in beautiful display. Looked like a great place to play a game of bocce, hang out and have some wine. We were there at ten am so passed on the wine tasting.

Visited November 2012
Roswell, Georgia
17 attraction reviews
“Great return experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

My husband and I always try to come back and visit while we are in the area seeing family. Coming here is always on the list. They are friendly and well informed and not in a hurry. It is such a peaceful experience walking up past the lavender and water ponds to the tasting room. We were too late to see the live lavender but they have a great variety of products made right there.
Now to the wines. We enjoy their Chardonnay but we joined the club to get the reds delivered to our home in Georgia. We enjoy walking around outside and will be back again soon.
Meanwhile it is nice to look forward to the next delivery to our home.

Visited November 2012
Seoul, South Korea
16 attraction reviews
“Get swept away by the beautiful smell of lavender and gorgeous views of the winery”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

I will tell you first, I was never interested or even particularly cared about the smell of lavender until i visited here. As soon as you walk into their lobby, a rush of lavender hits your nose as you almost insantly relax. I did some wine tasting with my fiance and was not dissapointed either! While my fiance shopped for lavender oils, lavender everything, i was asking 20 questions to the elderly fellow working the wine bar. He was very informative about the property and even taught me a lot about wine. I am a wine newbie so I cannot tell you how good the wine was, but I liked it almost as much as V. Sattui.

Now the better part, we were allowed to roam the vineyard for free and with no guide. This was incredible because the vineyards were just gorgeous, i loved taking pictures of my fiance with the lines of vineyards behind her! Not only that, there is more beauty to be seen at the Lavender farm.I was a bit sad as we got there in spring so there was little lavender in bloom yet, however, all the lavender bushes in the lavender farm still had a great smell and beautiful look to them. They told me they have full bloom in July, so obviously if you have a chance in july swing by here!
Be careful for bees in spring though!

Visited April 2012
Henderson, Nevada
4 attraction reviews
“favorite sauv blanc”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

what could be better on a warm day, than sitting on a deck under a huge live oak tree with a glass of world class sauvignon blanc? Taking a stroll in their amazing lavender gardens...

Visited October 2012